Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

12 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

There’s always one school that leaks info and sdsu has a leaker.  

Based on what.  How do you know there’s a leaker? What info is this leaner giving out?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Based on what.  How do you know there’s a leaker? What info is this leaner giving out?

There’s a mouthy bot member yucking it up with one of our board members that happens to be based in SD.  Nothing crazy yet, though I suspect by Saturday more will come out. According to his word, the aac is interested in the front range schools that have a budget of 40mil and a coaching salary of 1mil.  I got the sense that sdsu has put their name in the hat despite aresco saying plainly what he’s looking for to the people that contact him.  It’s a whole lotta nothing right now but I doubt the person is going to shut up if things get heavier.  The canary doesn’t stop singing once it’s started.

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

There’s a mouthy bot member yucking it up with one of our board members that happens to be based in SD.  Nothing crazy yet, though I suspect by Saturday more will come out. According to his word, the aac is interested in the front range schools that have a budget of 40mil and a coaching salary of 1mil.  I got the sense that sdsu has put their name in the hat despite aresco saying plainly what he’s looking for to the people that contact him.  It’s a whole lotta nothing right now but I doubt the person is going to shut up if things get heavier.  The canary doesn’t stop singing once it’s started.

So somebody is trolling the AAC Board?

2 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

If there's enough ' gas in the mine' the canary stops singing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

So let me get this straight.  The AAC is interested in schools other than SDSU but some one based in SD gave you the impression that SDSU put their name out there for the AAC even though the AAC isn't interested in them plus the fact that SDSU has stated multiple times that they can't go east that far due to travel costs...

besides that, board member of what?  and why would this person know anything? is this person someone who works at SDSU?

Do you just troll here? I'm new.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

:lol::lol:

38 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Lmfao. Bro that is from an article in the Athletic today.

C43EF657-C090-4212-ADCF-513241085AFF.png

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Think it would be very foolish for any MWC team to go to the AAC, even Football only. The logistics on travel alone are insane considering the majority of the Conference is in the East. Plus the MWC has comparably matched up well vs the AAC despite their shrieking of them being a P6 conference which I feel is a moot and empty claim now that all but one if their best teams is leaving. Give the MWC a better commissioner and they would have just as good a TV deal or close to what the AAC has

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Someone Else said:

So let me get this straight.  The AAC is interested in schools other than SDSU but some one based in SD gave you the impression that SDSU put their name out there for the AAC even though the AAC isn't interested in them plus the fact that SDSU has stated multiple times that they can't go east that far due to travel costs...

besides that, board member of what?  and why would this person know anything? is this person someone who works at SDSU?

Do you just troll here? I'm new.

You’re making a couple inferences that convolutes the message a little but if you’re truly interested in clarification let me know.  

I can say that the guy I know is legit.  He’s the one that let me know the aac deal was done a week before it went public and was off by only ~1 million/year in his average estimate and told me rationale for length of the terms, he also told me about the BYU and Boise series months before they were announced.  He also was the one that said that UCF and big12 were already on the same page by July 28th.  He also was the one that called the the morning ou/t news hit, beat all the social media with the thread here. All of these things were posted here, all can be verified.  

• Haha 1

Just now, utgrizfan said:

Think it would be very foolish for any MWC team to go to the AAC, even Football only. The logistics on travel alone are insane considering the majority of the Conference is in the East. Plus the MWC has comparably matched up well vs the AAC despite their shrieking of being a P6 conference which I feel is a moot and empty claim now that all but one if their best teams is leaving.

Boise St had a logistic study if you will about moving to the ACC with in the last year before the AAC was raided (in other words before their media rights take a big hit) and I believe it was clear it would cost them money by moving to the AAC because of travel costs (Boise St can correct me if I'm wrong).  Now with their 3 of their top schools moving to the Big12 they think the MWC schools are interested in moving to the AAC now when they would not before...