Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

Just now, kingpotato said:

Nobody said it did. With 10 past NY6 Bowls leaving for a P5 (if that were to happen), access becomes easier for the rest. 

But celebrating paying less taxes because the household income went down isn't really a "silver lining" 

I don't know what the split will be but it will be the same for everybody..I would miss having Boise in the conference because we have been playing you cats for a long time.  But, if you do get to jump up I will be happy for you and wish you the best of luck..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I don't know what the split will be but it will be the same for everybody..I would miss having Boise in the conference because we have been playing you cats for a long time.  But, if you do get to jump up I will be happy for you and wish you the best of luck..

As would pretty much everyone here.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

27 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You still on Twitter claiming SDSU will be in the PAC-12 or Big 12 before Boise, CSU, SMU, and USF? I see your one man mission to destroy Boise State. Some of it is.... interesting.

Yup. But only if the Big 12 does its due diligence. 

29 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

The MW would be in a really strong position with the AAC losing (potentially) UCF, Cincy, Houston, and Memphis. They would likely be top of the G5 even without Boise. My guess would be that UNR and Fresno would top the list for Boise when it comes to OOC schedule, so they'll be able to keep those games if they wish. 

Having said that... nothing has happened, so I'll believe it when I see it

I think expansion is the way to go. But, it’s probably not going to happen. The AAC teams will be getting at least 30 million in exit fees, plus entrance fees, which will probably make up for any reduction in TV money. Only realistic chance we would have is to take another run at Gonzaga; you take whatever money they are getting from their deal with the WCC, and top it. Work out some creative scheduling that will help convince the media partners to increase the TV deal enough for it to make sense for Gonzaga without reducing the payouts for the current MWC schools. It’s a long shot, but it’s a shot we have to shoot.

Sitting in the corner pouting saying, “nobody wants to play with us, we even try” would be pathetic as phuck. If you think the MWC will just naturally assume the AAC’s position in football you are looking through some serious rose colored glasses. The only difference will be our champ will probably be considered the slight “front runner” for the access bowl to start the year, but it definitely won’t be a situation like the AAC has now where their champ is almost guaranteed the spot if they win 10 games. 

15 hours ago, Cougar King said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sources-houston-tcu-were-close-110000556.html

Apparently Houston had a Pac 12 invite for football and Men's basketball only. Glad we said no to that. That would have been terrible for our other sports and a potential Title IX violation. 

Pac should have gave us an all-sports invite when we were cheaply available. Great time to be a Houston fan when both The Big 12 and Pac 12 are interested.

That would be so weird. What a bizarre year it's been for sports.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

There are no guarantees but these are exciting times in cfb.  The next few years are going to have several rounds of realignment.  It will be interesting seeing how things play out.  In the various aac realignment scenarios did anyone bring up ARMY? I remember the espn brass  making the army navy game be ESPN every other year being a priority of the aac media deal-we knew they want the full rights, would likely pay more for it.  That could be the opening to the mountain time zone he’s interested in.  

7 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

There are no guarantees but these are exciting times in cfb.  The next few years are going to have several rounds of realignment.  It will be interesting seeing how things play out.  In the various aac realignment scenarios did anyone bring up ARMY? I remember the espn brass  making the army navy game be ESPN every other year being a priority of the aac media deal-we knew they want the full rights, would likely pay more for it.  That could be the opening to the mountain time zone he’s interested in.  

The Army Navy game has its own separate tv deal with CBS thru 2028.  Its not part of either schools tv package so being part of the AAC deal was never on the table.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

This is beyond funny to me.

It will never not be funny. It's awesome for so many reasons. He looks like he works in a factory, yet he's an elite D1 athlete, he's flipping someone off, he looks like he's baked.

The whole thing is hilarious.

I’m more athletic than Nick Duncan.

9 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I think expansion is the way to go. But, it’s probably not going to happen. The AAC teams will be getting at least 30 million in exit fees, plus entrance fees, which will probably make up for any reduction in TV money. Only realistic chance we would have is to take another run at Gonzaga; you take whatever money they are getting from their deal with the WCC, and top it. Work out some creative scheduling that will help convince the media partners to increase the TV deal enough for it to make sense for Gonzaga without reducing the payouts for the current MWC schools. It’s a long shot, but it’s a shot we have to shoot.

Sitting in the corner pouting saying, “nobody wants to play with us, we even try” would be pathetic as phuck. If you think the MWC will just naturally assume the AAC’s position in football you are looking through some serious rose colored glasses. The only difference will be our champ will probably be considered the slight “front runner” for the access bowl to start the year, but it definitely won’t be a situation like the AAC has now where their champ is almost guaranteed the spot if they win 10 games. 

This is true, however in reading about the expansion of the CFP to 12 I suspect the access bowl will be eliminated. I so it may or may not be replaced by one of the seeds in the new CFP.  If there actually is a new CFP that is.

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Army has. They have said repeatedly they are staying independent.

True, I doubt that they will ever become part of a football conference UNLESS all 3 service schools are in one conference. That is very unlikely.

8 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I don't think it will be quite as interesting as you suspect.

The AAC will take 3 Sun Belt schools and UAB with perhaps 1 of the 2 south Florida schools (from CUSA).  They may of may not take a pay cut but I expect they will have a small pay cut. 

I am not sure we will lose anyone but if we do it may be Boise in which case we will also have a small pay cut unless we can pick up UTSA. Perhaps even if we pick up UTSA.

If Boise goes to the B12 which I see as improbable then the AAC will also lose Memphis which will further weaken them.

In any case I do not see SDSU going anywhere however they would then have both the best basketball and best football teams in the conference.  But it might not be much of a conference.  However the AAC would not be much of a conference either.

• Like 1