Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

25 minutes ago, RebelAlliance said:

For the Aresco Lovers/Hair Haters, it sure looks like Hair is going be left with a stable functioning conference.

Just wait and see which schools the AAC targets to replace those four schools.  

19 minutes ago, alum93 said:

The SEC took the 2 best schools from the B12.  What exactly are the others going to block now?  It doesn't matter what they do with the playoff system in terms of expansion, the SEC is set up to dominate with multiple bids.  The other leagues didn't exert any power.  They got together for self preservation and out of fear of mass chaos if a couple more schools fell.  I am glad they did by the way.  Otherwise, P12 and BiG might have expanded with schools they really didn't want, but felt they had to.

Now that they have the votes, perhaps "The Alliance" is angling for a 12 team playoff with a cap of 2 or 3 teams per conference (?).

3 hours ago, Ram1554 said:

If the AAC loses 3 teams the MWC needs to go after SMU. If we could offer Hawaii a scheduling agreement to help them with independence, I think that would be better for everyone. No more travel subs for Hawaii and we have a nice 12 team conference for all sports. We could also move Boise to the west to be with their rivals Fresno and Nevada. 

Mountain:

SMU, AFA, UNM, USU, CSU, UW 

West

Boise, FS, SDSU, SJSU, UNLV, UN

SMU ?

:rotflmfao:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

26 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

D441B638-0A42-4C69-8094-32B896187645.jpeg

Im thinking it will be more of a North/South alignment.

Okey State, the Texas schools and UCF in the South.

• Like 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Im thinking it will be more of a North/South alignment.

Okey State, the Texas schools and UCF in the South.

That would put BYU and WV in the same division.  Seems unlikely.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

19 minutes ago, RebelAlliance said:

Maybe, but I don't see that a gutted AAC is anywhere close to attractive for a Western school.

Just wait until the NCAA constitutional convention this November and see what happens after that.

As a SJSU fan I obviously don’t have quite the same dislike for Hair as the OG MWC fans. Really, I don’t really have any dislike for him, I’m just kind of “meh” when it comes to Hair. But if the AAC loses 3 of its top programs there is no way in hell just sitting back and standing pat will be in the MWC’s best interest. I’m honestly leaning towards making a play for Gonzaga and Wichita first since I think that would easily provide us with the most bang for our buck. But if they want to go SMU and another school? Fine, definitely better then doing nothing. 

But we better do SOMETHING. This is too good of an opportunity for the MWC to easily move up several spots in the conference pecking order. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

As a SJSU fan I obviously don’t have quite the same dislike for Hair as the OG MWC fans. Really, I don’t really have any dislike for him, I’m just kind of “meh” when it comes to Hair. But if the AAC loses 3 of its top programs there is no way in hell just sitting back and standing pat will be in the MWC’s best interest. I’m honestly leaning towards making a play for Gonzaga and Wichita first since I think that would easily provide us with the most bang for our buck. But if they want to go SMU and another school? Fine, definitely better then doing nothing. 

But we better do SOMETHING. This is too good of an opportunity for the MWC to easily move up several spots in the conference pecking order. 

The MWC is not going to move up several spots, unless you are suggesting 'P6'.  The MWC will become #6 simply by sitting tight on the football side.  Challenge the B12 for #5?  Hard to see what addition does that.  Gonzaga and Wichita?  Fine, and it makes bball better, but dont see that moving the MWC past the Big East.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 minutes ago, RSF said:

The MWC is not going to move up several spots, unless you are suggesting 'P6'.  The MWC will become #6 simply by sitting tight.  Challenge the B12 for #5?  Hard to see what addition does that.  Gonzaga and Wichita?  Fine, but dont see that moving the MWC past the Big East.

I should have been more specific, in my head when I was writing that I was thinking about basketball. The last several years the MWC has not only consistently finished behind the P6 conferences and AAC in the computer ratings, but usually falls behind a couple other conferences out of that next tier of conferences including the A10/MVC/WCC/MAC. So we have been finishing in that 9-11 range pretty consistently. By poaching the right schools we could essentially replace the AAC as being consistently the best of the non power conferences. 

With football it would be more about trying to solidify the MWC as the number 6 conference ahead of the AAC. But I’m not really sure if there is a path to that through expansion if Houston is off the table. The AAC will still be a good football conference since they will still have Memphis and be able to pick whatever top SBC/CUSA programs they want. I’m not sure adding SMU and Tulsa is going to “put us over the top” there.

• Like 1

I dont think recruiting will play a role.  Its not like the P12 split the LA schools.  ACC did the zipper set up, and its kind of a mess.

Seems like what the conference absolutely needs is locations that can host 9am PST football games.  

TV contract's best opportunity for true growth is more viewing windows.  

Create an "Easternish" division based around Army, Navy, Memphis, Appalachian State, and SMU.  

Thinking outside the box should include looking beyond markets to schools with real tradition and following like many MW schools.  Southern Miss comes to mind.  

Personally, having Tulane would be fun for New Orleans purposes.  Alternate Conference Championship game between Superdome and Vegasdome.

Sprinkle in some Gonzaga and Wichita St to offset Army and Navy football.

Seems kinda obvious with this news.  

3 hours ago, RebelAlliance said:

For the Aresco Lovers/Hair Haters, it sure looks like Hair is going be left with a stable functioning conference while Mr P6 has one that's about to be treated like a plastic f#$% doll and will be left soiled and deflated.  

That's about the only thing that leaves me happy - no, make that elated - about what appears to be going down.

Aresco has been an asshat since day one and all the dumbshits who have been singing his praises for the last however many years need to show their balls are larger than peas (as in Pea6) by admitting this was them:

Gullible people tend to believe everything they are told - Trump Shrugging  | Meme Generator 

• Like 1