Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

9 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

They announced that scheduling partnership almost a decade ago, and I never understood why they scrapped it. It’s a smart idea.

Along with a pre-season B1G/PAC-12 basketball challenge in Vegas.

People, not a fan.

15 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

And that would be different than the MWC, how?

No one is really interested in most MWC teams and so very not likely, if I were to make a guess. 
But that’s pretty much every conference not SEC.  

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

9 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

If everything goes the way it seems to with the SEC, B1G, PAC-12, ACC, and Big 12 staying firm the Big 12 won't add anyone til they have too. I think that's why Dickey sounded a bit desperate on the letter.

Big 12 (I think) will just add two. UCF and Cincinnati. I honestly don't know if that helps them. If they go to four it will be USF and Memphis. I don't see them adding Houston unless they have too. And I'm not even sure the AAC teams would even go at that point. Depends on the Big 12 contract.

I think the probably outcome is the AAC and MWC both getting a chunk out of the Big 8.

I'm sure I'll change my mind in the next 20 minutes or so. And I'm sure the MWC will get stuck with the three leftovers. So Kansas, K-State and? Maybe just those two. 

As of 8:41 pm CST. I dont think the Big 12 will add anyone. They have +/- 160 million coming from OU/Texass. The remaining dont want to split with any newcomers. They can sit on the current contract plus the buyout by those two until 2025. At that point they'll need to look...actually they'll be looking beforehand but why give up that cash until the contract expires?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Random question, but is there any talk of the Pac-12 doing away with FCS games? 

Not that I've heard. In fact Arizona and ASU are mandated by ABOR to play NAU once each every 3 years. We actually play them more often than that.

People, not a fan.

45 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I'm sure I'll change my mind in the next 20 minutes or so. And I'm sure the MWC will get stuck with the three leftovers. So Kansas, K-State and? Maybe just those two. 

You change your mind more than my wife.

• Haha 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Agree that any move west would probably be BYU with 3 MWC schools - Geographically & travel wise a foursome of BSU & BYU / SDSU & UNLV might make sense as both are paired fairly close together & both are in the same time zones 

I still think the B12 would look east to some AAC schools before looking east.........and especially if W-VA remains in the B12 as they would be a long way from the western part of the B12 

B12 will be in full desperation mode and even more desperate if more than just Texas & Oklahoma leave, as the B12 desperation grows, then anything could be possible for them to attempt to maintain some relevance as a conference & in the pecking order.......still adding BSU, SDSU, BYU, UNLV along with Mem

Optics, could actually play a roll now...   Big12 tells the AAC to stop poking around trying to recruit our schools and then turn around a take 4 AAC schools could have a bad look for them now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

Optics, could actually play a roll now...   Big12 tells the AAC to stop poking around trying to recruit our schools and then turn around a take 4 AAC schools could have a bad look for them now.

Except all the Big 12 has to do is announce 'we are accepting applications' once the departure date of OU and UT is established, and the phone will start ringing.  Everything above board.  No issues.  Actually, they have already probably received calls.  Direction of the contact is important.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

What better way to give Aresco the middle finger than to poach his best 4 teams.

• Like 1

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

45 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

As of 8:41 pm CST. I dont think the Big 12 will add anyone. They have +/- 160 million coming from OU/Texass. The remaining dont want to split with any newcomers. They can sit on the current contract plus the buyout by those two until 2025. At that point they'll need to look...actually they'll be looking beforehand but why give up that cash until the contract expires?

Why would they share with any added schools, the school were not in the conference when this happened so what rights would they have on the exit fees or GOR or NCAA credits.

12 minutes ago, RSF said:

Except all the Big 12 has to do is announce 'we are accepting applications' once the departure date of OU and UT is established, and the phone will start ringing.  Everything above board.  No issues.  Actually, they have already probably received calls.  Direction of the contact is important.

I hope CSU kept their brochure.

21 minutes ago, RSF said:

I understand that and that's why I used the term optics.  Because to many it would look the same.  Big12 tell the AAC to stop recruiting our schools, then turns around a recruits AAC schools (granted the AAC school will or have already reached out to the Big12).  Big12 claims that the AAC is trying to damage their media rights, taking top teams from the AAC would likely damage their media rights....   Thus I used the term optics, not that anything would underhand, but the way it might look.

• Like 1

The answer is a 16 team 4 pod national conference

Mod Pod

SDSU

UNLV

Boise

CSU

God Pod

BYU

Baylor

TCU

OK st

Slob Pod

TT

Hou

ISU

K-State

Knob Pod

WV

UCF

Cinn

Memphis

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

18 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

Why would they share with any added schools, the school were not in the conference when this happened so what rights would they have on the exit fees or GOR or NCAA credits.

That's a valid question.

I would venture the Big 12 doesn't want to have that conversation... with any team. Because it would be a hard NO. 

Can you imagine if BiG 12 were courting some teams and they were told Nope you can't have a piece of that pie...wait until 2025?

15 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

That's a valid question.

I would venture the Big 12 doesn't want to have that conversation... with any team. Because it would be a hard NO. 

Can you imagine if BiG 12 were courting some teams and they were told Nope you can't have a piece of that pie...wait until 2025?

But you get much higher TV revenue to join.  We just won't share the Departure $$ from those leaving.  Easy pitch to make if the AAC teams who think their media contracts is going to be much lower if they lose UCF and/or Cinci.  Game of chicken for AAC teams if one goes and you don't you take a big hit.

Big 12 adds at least two to replace OU and Texas.

3 hours ago, Aztec1984 said:

I don't see any B12 team getting poached unless ESPN throws a lot of money to a conference to poach, say, Kansas. Won't say they won't do that, Disney/ESPN is ruthless when it comes to money.

I have always said that the B12 looking west makes more sense just because the competition for TV time slots is less. Going west I think you have to have BYU and SDSU. SDSU mainly for the market. After that it is a bit of a jumble, BSU, CSU, UNLV and UNR all have different things to offer. In your school's case, yeah big market and popular travel destination, but, you have no football history and that hurts you. Could they go really big in the MWC and take all those and add UNM and, perhaps, Fresno or USU? That is possible as well. 

It will be both interested and anxious to watch what will happen in the next few months. As I've said, if the B1G poaches the PAC then all bets are off.

I think the PAC goes untouched - to far of a gap between SEC & B10 to the PAC (Colorado excepted) - If the B10 adds anything it will be Kansas & maybe one other from the B12, but don't see the PAC adding any of the B12 just because there's no "must have" programs 

I think the SEC is set now at 16 teams..........suppose ACC could look at WVA 

The B12 will be left with 6 to 8 schools 

First things first: Get this Texas & Oklahoma departure settled and then see what happens from there :cheers:

28 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

I understand that and that's why I used the term optics.  Because to many it would look the same.  Big12 tell the AAC to stop recruiting our schools, then turns around a recruits AAC schools (granted the AAC school will or have already reached out to the Big12).  Big12 claims that the AAC is trying to damage their media rights, taking top teams from the AAC would likely damage their media rights....   Thus I used the term optics, not that anything would underhand, but the way it might look.

That’s one of the reasons the complaint from the big12 has no merit.  It was merely a public pout.  It’s especially without merit because they also tried to look the PAC for membership which is the exact same thing.  They just look really bad through all this.

• OG R-Tard 1