Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

2 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

As much as I hate it.  unlv will always be a step ahead of us in realignment,  unless we win a national championship in football/ basketball or somehow sellout every game, donor money goes up exponentially and become a reason for being wanted it will be our reality. We had all this time since 2005  but never capitalized on momentum.

Thank you SO MUCH, Cary Groth!

/obvious sarcasm

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

3 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

As much as I hate it.  unlv will always be a step ahead of us in realignment,  unless we win a national championship in football/ basketball or somehow sellout every game, donor money goes up exponentially and become a reason for being wanted it will be our reality. We had all this time since 2005  but never capitalized on momentum.

Football drives the bus.  Vegas has FB in name only. 

All they have is a large city, full of transplants, with no connection to the school.

If Vegas were in the Sun Belt right now, they couldn't get an invite to the MW or AAC.  The bring nothing to the table.  They aren't even the most popular program in vegas.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Football drives the bus.  Vegas has FB in name only. 

All they have is a large city, full of transplants, with no connection to the school.

If Vegas were in the Sun Belt right now, they couldn't get an invite to the MW or AAC.  The bring nothing to the table.  They aren't even the most popular program in vegas.

Rutgers

18 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

Rutgers

The Big wishes they hadn't of panicked.

This wave of expansion won't be anything like the last one. It probably won't even touch the MW.  We don't have the equivalent of TCU and Utah. 

I'm not sure Kansas is going anywhere either.  If the BIG wanted them they would already have them.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, ViAggie said:

Some Tejas lawmakers want to throw a wrench (doubt this goes anywhere)

“Are the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma another step closer to taking their Red River rivalry to the Southeastern Conference? The latest statement from both universities makes it appear that way. On Monday, UT and OU issued a joint statement explaining that the schools notified their current conference, the Big 12, that they would not be renewing their media rights deal after it expires in 2025. The move is considered the first and significant formal step in the process of departing the Big 12. The statement didn’t name the SEC, but the timing adds up.”

“Just last week, ESPN confirmed that Texas and Oklahoma could make their move to the SEC official in a matter of weeks. But not everybody wants to see this happen. A group of Texas lawmakers recently filed legislation that would prohibit Texas public colleges from switching their affiliations with collegiate athletic conferences without the legislature’s approval” ABC13 Dallas.

The good 'ol GOP. Keeping government out of peoples lives since..........well.......never.

• Like 2

People, not a fan.

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The Big wishes they hadn't of panicked.

This wave of expansion won't be anything like the last one. It probably won't even touch the MW.  We don't have the equivalent of TCU and Utah. 

I'm not sure Kansas is going anywhere either.  If the BIG wanted them they would already have them.

Yeah, I don't think New York market was a good enough reason.  If 2025 is the real time frame of the move, there will be plenty of jockeying and pleading for the next 2 or 3 years.

Kansas is a possibility for the BIG a lot of big things go on in Kansas city area they have eyes there and they have time  to show they will invest in football imo.