Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

1 minute ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Well I think they would add Memphis over UCF, but no those aren’t bad scraps.

UCF is the biggest school in the country in the 3rd most populous state. Memphis, while having nice people is a flat out dump. I see Memphis maybe joining the Big 12, UCF to the ACC. 

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

18 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Geographical fit. Cultural fit. Academic fit. I don’t think they are in the St. Louis TV market, but they are pretty damn close. 

I like Lawrence a lot, I feel it’s misunderstood because their basketball runs things.  Kansas City TV market is still good and they love all sports. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

yeah, PAC-12 can't wait to play here!

TC-Ching-Complex.jpg

looks like corvallis to me.the big question is, who are the other two schools that will be invited to get to 16. my sources tell me unlv and colorado st.

• Cheers 1

Wow!  I read the whole thread.  Just when I thought it was getting ridiculous I turned on the Weather Channel and they confirmed.

It turns out the sky really is falling.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

looks like corvallis to me.the big question is, who are the other two schools that will be invited to get to 16. my sources tell me unlv and colorado st.

Haven't been to Corvallis have you?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ram1554 said:

Kansas and Colorado State to the Big Ten. Someone from Minnetonka just tweeted that Minnesota is sponsoring CSU’s invite. 

Sexy Prince GIF

I would expect nothing less from our most notorious rival.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

If WVU joins ND to the ACC, the Big12 is down to 7 teams. They're gonna invite, in no particular order, Cinci, Houston, UCF, BYU, Memphis, SMU and us. The AAC will be dead. 

Why would all those schools jump ship before the B1G and Pac-12 make their moves? 

1 hour ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

If WVU joins ND to the ACC, the Big12 is down to 7 teams. They're gonna invite, in no particular order, Cinci, Houston, UCF, BYU, Memphis, SMU and us. The AAC will be dead. 

Notre Dame football will never join a conference, no need to share the wealth. 

Their OLY sports are in the ACC and B1G.  

My prediction based on nothing other than autistic fandom. 
1. The Big 12 drops to 6 teams as Texas/Oklahoma bolt for SEC, Kansas goes to Big10, and West Virginia goes to ACC.
2. The Big 12 restocks (because they have more TV money potential than the MWC, BYU, and the AAC) with the strongest G5 programs that capture new market (in order): SDSU, BYU, Houston, UCF, Cincinnati, and Memphis. 

Outside looking in: SMU because TCU has captured the Dallas market, USF because UCF captures Florida market.

Note: SDSU will have a better situation than any other G5 school once the new stadium gets online. (and SDSU is also starting the process of remodeling its basketball arena). 

Btt1pTeXFaVj9pN4-15-1Q9dWrvpudF7jxRGBsSeBeifuQioacyyltjUSr-xcfCAdUgDH8IKW1NnQgBEidNci8pA9DJ9rnsVSgX_eCYcVkxsUevENxM9KGA8_r3Ug_qJ9gkqZGnA

12 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Notre Dame football will never join a conference, no need to share the wealth. 

Their OLY sports are in the ACC and B1G.  

I don’t think they can afford to be independent anymore. Now that all of the P5 conferences are going to 16 teams. Plus it’s in their contract that they have to join the ACC if they join a conference. The ACC is already at 14 teams so if they add Notre Dame, one of West Virginia or UCF would be next.