Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

4 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

When Texas and Homa leave the Big12 has zero negotiating leverage, zero. Because at that point the conference is worse than the AAC. 

Especially because it wouldn’t be just Texas and OU leaving. KU would be gone to the B1G. The Pac-12 would add Tech and OSU immediately, plus any other two schools they want. WVU is a natural fit in the ACC. The B1G would need another school as well and could add whoever they want. 

2 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Honestly I think the B1G just takes the low hanging fruit rather then mess with the ACC GOR or add a West Coast school. I mean, they fcking added Rutgers once upon a time, so I don’t see why adding Iowa’s instate rival would be beneath them. Leaving academics out, WVU would actually be a good addition as far as athletic programs and location go. 

Adding Rutgers and their market is not the same as adding Iowa State.  Please.

The fact that they added Rutgers and Maryland and Penn State and Nebraska should show you what they are about.

North Carolina, USC, Notre Dame are the big prizes remaining.  Who gets them?

• Facepalm 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

Adding Rutgers and their market is not the same as adding Iowa State.  Please.

The fact that they added Rutgers and Maryland and Penn State and Nebraska should show you what they are about.

North Carolina, USC, Notre Dame are the big prizes remaining.  Who gets them?

The ACC, Pac-12, and ACC.

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

The ACC, Pac-12, and ACC.

We will see.  If you look at how the world is going and how corporations are buying up the biggest prizes, I tend to think you are wrong.

A time existed when Texas and OU would never have gone to the SEC.  NEVER.  Now they are going.

Gobble Gobble.

The big prizes will go to those with the most money.  That aint the ACC and the PAC-12.

7 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

The Big-12 has a ton NCAA Basketball Credits and a guaranteed BCS (or whatever you call it) bid for a few more years.  They have leverage and MONEY.

Anyone of us would go there in a second.  They are not the AAC.

When they lose Texas and Homa, they will be worse than the AAC, a lot worse. Football is the $$$ maker in college sports, Kansas hoops isn't keeping that conference relevant. 

• Haha 1

Just now, RebelRobert said:

We will see.  If you look at how the world is going and how corporations are buying up the biggest prizes, I tend to think you are wrong.

A time existed when Texas and OU would never have gone to the SEC.  NEVER.  Now they are going.

Gobble Gobble.

The big prizes will go to those with the most money.  That aint the ACC and the PAC-12.

The ACC and Pac-12 aren’t winning the big prizes, they are picking up the scraps. 

• Like 1

Just now, thespywhozaggedme said:

When they lose Texas and Homa, they will be worse than the AAC, a lot worse. Football is the $$$ maker in college sports, Kansas hoops isn't keeping that conference relevant. 

You don't know what you are talking about.

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

The ACC and Pac-12 aren’t winning the big prizes, they are picking up the scraps. 

exactly.  and if you think the winners in this game SEC/BIG are just going to leave Notre Dame, USC and North Carolina out there, you aren't thinking right.

7 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Especially because it wouldn’t be just Texas and OU leaving. KU would be gone to the B1G. The Pac-12 would add Tech and OSU immediately, plus any other two schools they want. WVU is a natural fit in the ACC. The B1G would need another school as well and could add whoever they want. 

I don't know about that. Kansas football is historically bad, so bad that adding their hoops team might not make up for it. What value does Kansas add to the Big 10?

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

Just now, RebelRobert said:

exactly.  and if you think the winners in this game SEC/BIG are just going to leave Notre Dame, USC and North Carolina out there, you aren't thinking right.

Nah, they are. GORs are a real thing, that’s why UT and OU allegedly being prepared to not renew their GORs is such a big deal. Otherwise they’d just renew them, because why if they can just be done away with when convenient then what’s the big deal?

Just now, thespywhozaggedme said:

I disagree with you, you seem triggered by that fact. Perhaps a safe space with an emotional support pony may calm your nerves. A Big 12 without Texas and Homa is a G5, one worse than the AAC (in my opinion). 

You are so stoned it’s funny. The AAC is more aligned with the MWC than anyone else. 

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

I don't know about that. Kansas football is historically bad, so bad that adding their hoops team might not make up for it. What value does Kansas add to the Big 10?

Geographical fit. Cultural fit. Academic fit. I don’t think they are in the St. Louis TV market, but they are pretty damn close.