Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

5 minutes ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

I wonder if this potential move isn't part of a bigger plot to move the BIG 10, SEC, ACC, and PAC 12 to 16-team super leagues for an eventual split from FBS.

If ND stays independent with their scheduling agreement, the other power leagues could actually absorb every Big 12 school without a single school leftover. A Midwest school would awkwardly be stuck in the ACC, but the math works.

1 minute ago, SalinasSpartan said:

If ND stays independent with their scheduling agreement, the other power leagues could actually absorb every Big 12 school without a single school leftover. A Midwest school would awkwardly be stuck in the ACC, but the math works.

it sounds nice and i wish college athletics worked like that but it doesn't.

PAC-12 won't want certain people because of the texas school has mental disorder god belief nut job ideas.

ACC thinks they are superior to certain schools.

BIG has some weird SAT score rule that if you aren't in the club you can't come to their conference.

It is wacky, so starting posting wacky expansion ideas and you have a better chance of being right.

Honestly if I was the Big-12 and they lose Oklahoma and Texas I would 

-add Houston, SMU, Memphis as full members 

-tax the 3 best western teams that will take a football only invite to get you to 14 football schools. 

But I do it the next day after OK/Texas leave. Cause they would still have leverage over the AAC/MW. If they lose any other members it gets a lot more unstable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

PAC-12 won't want certain people because of the texas school has mental disorder god belief nut job ideas.

BIG has some weird SAT score rule that if you aren't in the club you can't come to their conference.

It is wacky, so starting posting wacky expansion ideas and you have a better chance of being right.

My guess- Texas and OU are gone...This starts the race to a P4 with each having 16 teams and lower tier P5s falling back...Iowa State, K State... Welcome to the G5!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thedude15 said:

-tax the 3 best western teams that will take a football only invite to get you to 14 football schools. 

But I do it the next day after OK/Texas leave. Cause they would still have leverage over the AAC/MW. If they lose any other members it gets a lot more unstable. 

The Big-12 needs to add schools this weekend and ban Texas/OU from voting.

They need to go Big not small.  At least 14 teams, maybe 16.

Competition against the PAC-12 to be the 4th best conference is ALL ON and the race to see who wins has started.

ACC and PAC-12 may still get raided by BIG/SEC.  It is not over.  BIG won't just watch SEC get rich.

BIG will go after USC and North Carolina if they are smart.

1 minute ago, Rambouche said:

My guess- Texas and OU are gone...This starts the race to a P4 with each having 16 teams and lower tier P5s falling back...Iowa State, K State... Welcome to the G5!!!

I think these major conferences BIG/SEC should be thinking a lot bigger than 16.

I would be thinking 24 or 32.

PAC-12 doesn't need to exist.  ACC doesn't either.

Consolidate and build the best conference with all the best teams.

• OG R-Tard 1

5 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Nah, it’s pretty simple. If OU and UT go to the SEC, KU is headed to the B1G, and WVU is headed to the ACC. You’re then left with TCU, Tech, Baylor, ISU, OsU and KSU. B1G most likely takes ISU over KSU. Pac-12 will take OsU, Tech, and probably KSU given those options. You’re only left with Baylor and TCU at that point with the Pac-12 needing to add a 16th school and the ACC having room for one more since ND is Indy for football.

5 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Nah, it’s pretty simple. If OU and UT go to the SEC, KU is headed to the B1G, and WVU is headed to the ACC. You’re then left with TCU, Tech, Baylor, ISU, OsU and KSU. B1G most likely takes ISU over KSU. Pac-12 will take OsU, Tech, and probably KSU given those options. You’re only left with Baylor and TCU at that point with the Pac-12 needing to add a 16th school and the ACC having room for one more since ND is Indy for football.

I see Kansas as more likely to the ACC but Big Ten is possible.  I don't see BIG taking ISU and Kansas when SEC got Texas/OU, that is embarrassing.

BIG would need to make a splash with any move they make.  North Carolina, USC, UCLA, DUKE (to pull Notre Dame) is move the BIG should make.  Notre Dame is the goal and picking apart the ACC is the way to get them.  USC/UCLA may want a Western Quadrant so maybe Stanford/Oregon/Washington have a shot.

SEC should get Clemson and Florida State to go along with Texas/OU and that would make them big dogs while annihilating ACC.

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Makes no sense to me either. I think both teams will go to a different conference but I don't see Texas getting that SEC invite. And I think Kansas and Iowa State are the only teams who meet the B1G academic requirements. Plus I'm pretty sure SEC teams complain already that they do not play each other enough.

But I don't see anyone forming a new conference like the best of the PAC-12 and Big 12 either.

But it's obvious something is gonna happen. And not all Big 12 teams are going to P5 conferences. I'd prefer some kind of PAC-12 and Big 12 merger. Because if the remaining Big 12 teams just grab a bunch of AAC teams then the MWC is screwed. If the PAC-12 and Big 12 merger then at least some schools in the MWC will improve their status.

It's a done deal. I live 45 minutes from Clemson in Greenville, it's been all over the radio here. Texas and OU to the SEC is done. They will join the West and Bama and Auburn will move to the East. This will have a HUGE ripple effect as other P5's will follow suit and move to 16. Four 16 team super conferences is where we will end up. 

21 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

When Texas and Homa leave the Big12 has zero negotiating leverage, zero. Because at that point the conference is worse than the AAC. 

Just now, thespywhozaggedme said:

When Texas and Homa leave the Big12 has zero negotiating leverage, zero. Because at that point the conference is worse than the AAC. 

The Big-12 has a ton NCAA Basketball Credits and a guaranteed BCS (or whatever you call it) bid for a few more years.  They have leverage and MONEY.

Anyone of us would go there in a second.  They are not the AAC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I see Kansas as more likely to the ACC but Big Ten is possible.  I don't see BIG taking ISU and Kansas when SEC got Texas/OU, that is embarrassing.

BIG would need to make a splash with any move they make.  North Carolina, USC, UCLA, DUKE (to pull Notre Dame) is move the BIG should make.  Notre Dame is the goal and picking apart the ACC is the way to get them.  USC/UCLA may want a Western Quadrant so maybe Stanford/Oregon/Washington have a shot.

SEC should get Clemson and Florida State to go along with Texas/OU and that would make them big dogs while annihilating ACC.

Honestly I think the B1G just takes the low hanging fruit rather then mess with the ACC GOR or add a West Coast school. I mean, they fcking added Rutgers once upon a time, so I don’t see why adding Iowa’s instate rival would be beneath them. Leaving academics out, WVU would actually be a good addition as far as athletic programs and location go. 

10 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Dude, get over the UCLA/USC thing, it’ll never happen. 

• Like 1

kat.jpg

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

The Big-12 has a ton NCAA Basketball Credits and a guaranteed BCS (or whatever you call it) bid for a few more years.  They have leverage and MONEY.

Anyone of us would go there in a second.  They are not the AAC.

Also they will have better bowls. Also there tv deal ends 6 years sooner. Guessing they could still get more tv money (even without Ok/Texas) than the AAC is getting. The Big-12 would still have the leverage over the AAC/MW UNLESS they hemorrhaged a 2-3 more teams.