Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

I did a search and one didn’t come up, not trying to litter the board so lock this up if there’s another thread on it…but I heard some rumblings that the SEC is looking to raid the BigXii and expand to 16 and that we may hear official word on this by August.  If true we would know soon, but it’s interesting because it could affect the MWC downstream.

• Troll 1

18 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I did a search and one didn’t come up, not trying to litter the board so lock this up if there’s another thread on it…but I heard some rumblings that the SEC is looking to raid the BigXii and expand to 16 and that we may hear official word on this by August.  If true we would know soon, but it’s interesting because it could affect the MWC downstream.

LOL...some rumblings.

Its an article in the Houston Chronicle, Mr Insider.  From their A&M beat writer (which is ironic, since A&M is dead set against it).  the time frame is supposedly 2 weeks.  That alone seems implausible, for multiple reasons, but in the world of realignment anything is possible.  The other thing that makes this interesting is that, while he is wrong as often as right, such info usually comes from UT mouthpiece Chip Brown of Horns247.  Not a peep from him or Orangebloods (the other huge UT website).  Yet.  Guess we'll see.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

14 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Big-12 should invite:

UNLV

SDSU

BYU

Boise

Houston

Cincinnati 

Today!

That would actually be a pretty cool conference with the left behind B12 schools.  I also don't see it ever happening.  

38 minutes ago, trvitmvnz said:

What happen to the grant of rights thing. Anyways i could care less with the 12 team playoff coming up 

GoR will conveniently be waived by everyone in order to let the big bullies of the league do whatever they would like.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

32 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Why do people insist on having conferences with non-football members?

Ask the AAC.  They're the ones who invited Wichita 

1 minute ago, Ibanez said:

Wouldn't be Cincinnati. They would end up in the ACC because I think the B1G would raid the ACC which would open up a spot for Cincinnati and UCF.

I just don't see any of these other Big 12 teams getting interest from the B1G.

Kansas probably ends up somewhere else. ACC or BIG.

Oklahoma State and TCU might be good pickups for the PAC-12.

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Wouldn't be Cincinnati. They would end up in the ACC because I think the B1G would raid the ACC which would open up a spot for Cincinnati and UCF.

I just don't see any of these other Big 12 teams getting interest from the B1G.

Colorado State would make a good Big-12 fit and SMU should not be counted out.  Memphis might have a shot.  Cincy is not going ACC, I could see Kansas or WV before Cincy.

The ACC is unraidable.  GOR until 2036.

• Cheers 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.