Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Predicted Orders. Football

I wouldn’t sleep on New Mexico. The Lobos probably win 5 games this year, but no one will be blowing them out. Opponents are going to know they were in a dog fight when they play UNM.

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

No respect for the Spartans

That's fine. They're a solid squad. Let Nevada have the target on their backs. I just hope the Nov. 6th game will decide the division. I got my hotel reservations for that weekend.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

53 minutes ago, Bob said:

No respect for the Spartans

No respect? Predicted #2 with five first place votes. I'd hardly call that not getting any respect. The Spartans lose their top two WR's and a safety entered the portal, so that's probably the big difference in how the votes played out.

For the Pokes, its simple; our defense should be fine. Once they woke up after the Nevada game, they were good. The offense and new OC are where things rest for us. If the offense becomes average, or at least approaches average (mainly, an actual passing game), I see a pretty good season.

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Whoever voted Fresno 1st needs to use more of his funny material at amateur night at the Improv. 

Oh, silly them. That late 4th QT comeback vs a defensively depleted Fresno team clearly secured Nevada as the top dog in the West. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

9 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Whoever voted Fresno 1st needs to use more of his funny material at amateur night at the Improv. 

If they develop any semblance of a defense Fresno will be tough. 

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

No respect? Predicted #2 with five first place votes. I'd hardly call that not getting any respect. The Spartans lose their top two WR's and a safety entered the portal, so that's probably the big difference in how the votes played out.

Deece is the engine that makes them go (IMO), and he's still around.

23 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Oh, silly them. That late 4th QT comeback vs a defensively depleted Fresno team clearly secured Nevada as the top dog in the West. 

Tough Division this year. Winner of the MWC will likely come out of the West.

1 hour ago, son of a gun said:

For the Pokes, its simple; our defense should be fine. Once they woke up after the Nevada game, they were good. The offense and new OC are where things rest for us. If the offense becomes average, or at least approaches average (mainly, an actual passing game), I see a pretty good season.

No Vigen, but I'm not convinced the offense will actually improve much unless Bohl loosens the reigns. I think Wyoming is overrated until they actually show some offensive potential. 

We should go bowling, but I'd be very surprised if we reach double digit wins. But seeing some preseason hype is a breath of fresh air.

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I didn’t say Fresno wouldn’t be good. The West will be better than the MTN division and the difference between last and 1st in the West isn’t as much as some think. UNLV will be decent this year. 

kat.jpg

43 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Tough Division this year. Winner of the MWC will likely come out of the West.

Makes sense the west is 5-3 in MW CCGs with 3 different teams claiming titles and only one from the Mtn claiming all 3. 

I think this coming season is going to be a lot closer than most people think.  There will be some upsets and I think it will come down to the last two weeks of the season before the dust settles.  Remember, there will be some losses that no one thinks will happen, and I think the Lobos will be the ones handing out those losses.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

1 hour ago, Koji Vu said:

Deece is the engine that makes them go (IMO), and he's still around.

I'm not doubting that he is an important part of the offense, but his 240 yards (10% of total SJSU rec yards) doesn't compare to the 1,352 yards (56% of SJSU rec yards) that left. I didn't vote on the subject, but I think that it's a logical conclusion by those that did. The fact of the matter is that Nevada returns their top two receivers who accounted for 1,627 yards and get back arguably their top WR who missed last year. Even with all that, SJSU still did well in the voting. Either way, it's just preseason votes. :shrug:

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I mean, the 2020 Dogs were really close to being 4-0, and their last two losses came with effectively half the starters in those games coming from outside of the 2-deep. Then add to the fact that they only had an abbreviated fall camp after basically not having a spring camp at all. 

If the defense turns it around from where they were last year, we've got a potentially very tough squad this season.

Hawaii deserves better. Won against Nevada and Fresno last year with Grahams first year transition year with most of the core players back. But the division is tough so really mostly anyone can take it. Offense will look better or at least different this year as Graham adjusts the offense to more of what was seen at ASU and Tulsa. Defense has a lot of depth as well.

Once again, Nevada fans are being set-up for a huge disappointment. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.