Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Olympics MEGA-THREAD.

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Great example you don’t have to start a sport at 9 to excel.  

I was thinking about getting into fencing. I'll be 50ish but I'd love stab some +++++ers. I still got good reflexes.

1 minute ago, grandjean87 said:

Axes and shotguns > pointy blades.  Try throwing a sword.

Not to toot my own horn as I am known to do, but I am a bad ass with an axe.  Not sure if you saw my Facebook video of me throwing the big wood splitter one handed and stick the (dead) tree from about 8 yards out.  

For a while I was buying a new toy from coldsteel.com every pay check.  Various type of tomahawks, a cane sword, viking sword, boar spear, a dozen or so knives, giant non return boomerang, various clubs.  For home defense I think I like my boar spear best.  Imagine breaking into some dudes house and a mother +++++er charges you from the bedroom with a boar spear and boner?  Terrifying.  

This was going to be my next purchase but it has been out of stock for years now it seems.

So I am not so sure there isn't a fair comparison now with Biles. Djokavic, who many believe is the GOAT himself, had quite a meltdown in singles, then withdrew with an injury from the mixed doubles bronze match over the weekend leaving his partner "heartbroken." Every athlete has a breaking point. 

That transgendered weightlifter from New Zealand that people got their panties in a twist over?

Failed all 3 qualifying lifts.  Only one of the 13 competitors.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

And interesting side story to the gymnastics imbroglio.

Newly crowned Olympic All-around Gold Medalist Sunisa Lee is headed to Auburn...where NIL rights await.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

49 minutes ago, RSF said:

That transgendered weightlifter from New Zealand that people got their panties in a twist over?

Failed all 3 qualifying lifts.  Only one of the 13 competitors.

Some of the worst acting I've ever seen too. I guess this proves men competing in women's sports is fair now! Mission accomplished. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

And interesting side story to the gymnastics imbroglio.

Newly crowned Olympic All-around Gold Medalist Sunisa Lee is headed to Auburn...where NIL rights await.

Great for her. I hope she cashes in big.

No team has ever won the Women's World Cup and the Olympics back-to-back.