Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Olympics MEGA-THREAD.

Just now, soupslam1 said:

It’s morons like you that put her on a pedestal and she couldn’t handle it. 

"Put her on a pedestal"?  Give me a +++++ing break.  Her performances lead to appropriate acknowledgement of her accomplishments.  

What you are suggesting is asinine, stupid and would not be fair to her.  What you are saying is that a female athlete doing things never thought possible should not be acknowledge for her accomplishments.  She was not given unfair or undue accolades by anybody, you absolute donkey.  

10 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I’ve noticed.  I think I miss halfmanhalfasshole :)

Halfmanhalfasshole is the most honest and IMO funniest version of myself, but after two posters I enjoy said they would prefer I and others just left the board, I decided to be overly kind and just present info, with sides of humor.  You can still catch HMHAH here from time to time.  Just decided my time and energy is not worth spending over there trying to combat the horde of morons.  Ces is still doing work, Jim on occasion.  They lost the privilege of my most honest, educated, meanest, funniest self.  They don't get HMHB trying to lead them into educated opinions, even if those opinions are counter my own.  Not going to provide them peer reviewed studies that back up their crazy shit in an attempt to wean them from insane media outlets any longer, lead them to the water the are thirsty for.  They lost that.

16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Halfmanhalfasshole is the most honest and IMO funniest version of myself, but after two posters I enjoy said they would prefer I and others just left the board, I decided to be overly kind and just present info, with sides of humor.  You can still catch HMHAH here from time to time.  Just decided my time and energy is not worth spending over there trying to combat the horde of morons.  Ces is still doing work, Jim on occasion.  They lost the privilege of my most honest, educated, meanest, funniest self.  They don't get HMHB trying to lead them into educated opinions, even if those opinions are counter my own.  Not going to provide them peer reviewed studies that back up their crazy shit in an attempt to wean them from insane media outlets any longer, lead them to the water the are thirsty for.  They lost that.

I missed that “I and others” part.  The BC OT board is a steaming pile. A few good exchanges still, but much could be described by Norm McDonald’s very politically incorrect two word term. 

5 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I missed that “I and others” part.  The BC OT board is a steaming pile. A few good exchanges still, but much could be described by Norm McDonald’s very politically incorrect two word term. 

It has gotten to the point to where why in the hell would I waste my time with those idiots, when I can joust with the MWCboard  brass?  The IQ difference has to be about 20 points.  I can slam dunk on college professors, lawyers, once professional journalists and can have the favor returned here.

On BC is it is just destroying posters who are too stupid to know they got destroyed.

Is this the first year they’ve done mixed men’s and women’s relays? Cuz it’s awesome. 

Women’s rugby is also great.

And again, next Olympics if there is a Taiwan vs China ping pong game, its intense.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

9 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Is this the first year they’ve done mixed men’s and women’s relays? Cuz it’s awesome. 

Women’s rugby is also great.

And again, next Olympics if there is a Taiwan vs China ping pong game, its intense.

All rugby is great, and yes, women’s is fantastic. We took down the Aussies and were rolling, until a pasty old foe with bad teeth reared its ugly head. I’m telling you, I need more rugby. How could we, as a great nation, have been so wrong about this sport for so long: Leaving it mostly to the oddly athletic, drunken misfits of our society while the rest of us go through life oblivious to this wonderful sport? This is a question that haunts me. 

I have a feeling we'll be getting a Sweden - USA final in the Women's soccer tournament. Could go any other way, but that's my prediction at the moment. Shame to see the Netherlands go out, that's a very talented team.

Some other observations so far -

- Fiji's Rugby Sevens team is a joy to watch. The Rugby tournament has delivered in both 2016 and 2020. Wouldn't mind seeing a full Rugby Union competition down the line if they can find a way to fit it in.

- Skateboarding has been the breakout event for me. The street events were really fun to watch. I think they need to add the Vert event to really get people to buy in, but I think it's going to become a must-see event eventually, just like snowboarding in the Winter Olympics.

- Spain's team in the Men's soccer tournament is obviously very tired. A lot of their squad members played in the Euros as well. No surprise they haven't really delivered but they could step up now that it is prime time. I think Japan has a good chance of winning gold in that tournament, actually.

- The Judo competition this year has been really good, same with fencing. I would try checking out the gold medal matches in those events if you haven't yet. They are usually very solid. Looking forward to the Karate event later on.

- The Olympics have a habit of bringing out the sore loser mentality in Americans, at least on social media. A Chinese swimmer or Russian swimmer winning gold? Quick, accuse them of doping without any evidence! None of these athletes had any connection to the Russian doping program so you'll need better evidence than that. 

32 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Why did Russia switch from RUS to ROC?  Russian Federation originally now Russian Olympic Committee is what it stands for but that shit is confusing.

2016 - RUS https://www.espn.com/olympics/summer/2016/medals

2020 - ROC https://www.espn.com/olympics/summer/2020/medals

It is some bullshit that resulted from their doping scandal.  They cant be called officially called 'Russia' as the athletes involved were a) not part of the scandal and b) technically not representing the country itself.  No flag, no anthem, medals dont count toward Russian total. It's dumb.  During the 2018 Winters they were called 'Olympic Athletes From Russia' (OAR).

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Women's Rugby Sevens - USA vs Great Britain

00-0aWysEZUU8EI2QgLh_Ii8El9O6hE7hpGDXhbVCqvgC8tkVsJJGATq7RsLnhLlsM4UnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ryan Murphey accuses the Russian gold medalist of doping after finishing silver in the 200 back.

Yikes!

I heard he competed despite having the twisties.....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.