Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Olympics MEGA-THREAD.

36 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I think all those people had some pretty significant criticism.  I’m not sure Biles is be vilified except by some nut jobs. 

Really? The Texas AG called her a “national embarrassment.” Such luminaries as Clay Travis and Piers Morgan have mocked her viciously. Essentially called her a liar. Some have called her selfish and arrogant. I mean, look at this nonsense. The left’s push to make her a hero has been bad, too. That I am not denying. But Simone did the most human of human things at the worst possible time, and these clowns are killing her to prove some stupid cultural point.

Truth is, every person has a breaking point, elite athletes, you, me, everyone. This never had to be a new front in the culture war, but some people can’t help themselves.

For the record, I felt genuinely bad for Kyle Brotzman, too, as I danced on his team’s grave in the middle of Mackay Stadium. 

31 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah did you read the responses from conservative women to those men 😂. It way more splits on gender than political lines.  By the way their could be some generational differences here as we Boomers and Xers have long maintained you millennials are soft.  

I’m not a milliennial.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Millennials are also statistically more likely do dig in and take one for the team than boomers.  They do more overtime by leaps and bounds and forgoe vacation...

Oh, boomers are the worst. Us Gen Xers are perfect in every way, though. (Or too apathetic to care.)

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You don’t have to tell me that Millennials are dumb!

:P

Well when you have to work yourself to death to have half the life style your parents did with one working parent....

No generation in US history has ever seen the quality of life decrease from that of their parents...until now.

Thanks boomers, now go drink bleach and die, the world will be better off.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well when you have to work yourself to death to have half the life style your parents did with one working parent....

No generation in US history has ever seen the quality of life decrease from that of their parents...until now.

Thanks boomers, now go drink bleach and die, the world will be better off.

Jokes aside, and I do like poking fun at millennials, I’m with you. Came of age around the housing boom and bust. Cost of Housing, health care, and college is crazy. Tough.

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

Jokes aside, and I do like poking fun at millennials, I’m with you. Came of age around the housing boom and bust. Cost of Housing, health care, and college is crazy. Tough.

My generation drives me +++++ing crazy for a lot of reasons.  I am the board wig powderer after all.  But one thing millenials are not is lazy and entitled.  Statistically the hardest working generation in a century.  Millenials work circles around boomers and gen z at the same age.  Not even close.

42 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

For the record, I felt genuinely bad for Kyle Brotzman, too, as I danced on his team’s grave in the middle of Mackay Stadium. 

We toasted to Brotzman's health.

At our tailgate on the golf course before the Rose Bowl.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Really? The Texas AG called her a “national embarrassment.” Such luminaries as Clay Travis and Piers Morgan have mocked her viciously. Essentially called her a liar. Some have called her selfish and arrogant. I mean, look at this nonsense. The left’s push to make her a hero has been bad, too. That I am not denying. But Simone did the most human of human things at the worst possible time, and these clowns are killing her to prove some stupid cultural point.

Truth is, every person has a breaking point, elite athletes, you, me, everyone. This never had to be a new front in the culture war, but some people can’t help themselves.

I think most are ignoring those morons but their is an increasing gender split between the fascist right and the rest of us so we could both be correct.

Colorado girl Emma Coburn and University of New Mexico alum Courtney Frerichs both through to the steeplechase finals.  Frerichs won her heat and Emma took the last 600m easy as she was clear in 3rd place for auto qualifying.  Another Colorado girl in the 3rd heat.

3 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Yeah I agree.  I have done what I can to cushion my kids from it.  They have no college debt partly due to me and partially due to their athletic skills and I’m giving them 50K each to help defray costs.  Wish I could do more.  

1 hour ago, grandjean87 said:

Colorado girl Emma Coburn and University of New Mexico alum Courtney Frerichs both through to the steeplechase finals.  Frerichs won her heat and Emma took the last 600m easy as she was clear in 3rd place for auto qualifying.  Another Colorado girl in the 3rd heat.

Constein also a CU alum made the finals on time qualifying.