Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Olympics MEGA-THREAD.

The favorite for the gold in the pole vault has tested positive for COVID and will be withdrawing.

@Bob please share you displeasure that he let his country down.  All this idiot had to do was get a poke in the arm.  Instead he will never be a gold medal winner...talk about letting your country down.

I fully expect the Daily Wire to blast him the way they did Biles....

2 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

His last 50 was like a :26 split if I heard right. That's as fast as the final 50 meters for the guy who anchored the winning 4x200 relay last night. Totally unreal

To illustrate y’alls points.

3 hours ago, NVGiant said:

“Quit on her team.” “You don’t abide”. regardless of reason. That’s a judgement, and a negativd one, whether you want to admit that or not.

He just feels entitled to her labor

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 hours ago, NVGiant said:

She doesn’t need my help. Nor does she need yours. I do know that you wouldn’t be calling her a quitter if she withdrew from an injury you could see. Happy wasn’t wrong about the apparent sense of entitlement in this thread.

Alright. I’m done now.

And I’m back. If she had an injury, you’re right. That isn’t quitting. The entitlement claim is crap. I’ve been watching the Olympics for almost 30 years. You remember things that stand out. Simon Biles quitting during the team competition is going to be remembered 30 years from now, more than anything else at this point.

Unless she genuinely stops caring about gymnastics, not likely for the GOAT, she needs somebody’s help. She went from being the runaway best gymnast in the world on a bad day for her Sunday night, to falling apart and quitting at the drop of a hat two days later. You will struggle to find a parallel to that in any sport.

Entitled? For a sports fan that is historically remarkable. I just remarked upon it, accurately.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

US women's fencing couldn't finish off Russia (i cannot call them ROC).  Will compete for the bronze medal.

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

And I’m back. If she had an injury, you’re right. That isn’t quitting. The entitlement claim is crap. I’ve been watching the Olympics for almost 30 years. You remember things that stand out. Simon Biles quitting during the team competition is going to be remembered 30 years from now, more than anything else at this point.

Unless she genuinely stops caring about gymnastics, not likely for the GOAT, she needs somebody’s help. She went from being the runaway best gymnast in the world on a bad day for her Sunday night, to falling apart and quitting at the drop of a hat two days later. You will struggle to find a parallel to that in any sport.

Entitled? For a sports fan that is historically remarkable. I just remarked upon it, accurately.

It was remarkable. So has been the reaction to it. Those who do not abide and those who more than abide and try to make it heroic. … OK. Now I quit. 

Is USA BB taking a step back or is the rest of the world taking huge steps to being very relevant?  USA not looking so dominant right now.  In fact they look like they might be left out of the medals.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

6 minutes ago, Hoser said:

Is USA BB taking a step back or is the rest of the world taking huge steps to being very relevant?  USA not looking so dominant right now.  In fact they look like they might be left out of the medals.

The world has gotten better, but this is a really flawed team. Without  Anthony Davis, the U.S. doesn’t really have a dominant big, and the late NBA Finals kept three of its players from joining the team until the day before the game against France. I think they pull it together and medal, but who knows.

Luka Doncic only scored 25 last night.

Slacker.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

59 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

The world has gotten better, but this is a really flawed team. Without  Anthony Davis, the U.S. doesn’t really have a dominant big, and the late NBA Finals kept three of its players from joining the team until the day before the game against France. I think they pull it together and medal, but who knows.

This is all true.  There is another uncomfortable truth as well.  Pop is not as good at coaching Olympic basketball as coach K.  

I am sure I will get roasted for that.