Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

What do we do to get the Bobs & Rebels 18 vaccinated.

I’m reading an article in the WA post regarding Germany and France’s approach. They pretty much are using vaccine passports which I think we need to implement. Let the pandemic be over for  the people who choose to be responsible and get vaccinated. Make  life expensive and inconvenient for the @Bobs who are irresponsible and won’t get immunized. You want to go to a ball game, movie, out to eat go on vacation and get a plane ticket and a hotel , go to a concert the list of activities could be long, to do all those things you have to show proof of immunization. If you are not immunized , and get Covid then you are assessed a steep penalty , say 1,000 dollars. If you end up getting hospitalized you get an ever steeper penalty, say 5,000 dollars. We have the tools available to end this pandemic , but Arkansas, Idaho , Missouri, Mississippi etc need a kick in the rear end to get their act together . Normally I don’t care if the Bobs choose to live in ignorance because I’m not the one who has to face the consequences, but if their irresponsibility leads to severe consequences for the educated and responsible ones, we need to kick them in the rear to get their act together. 

9 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I’m reading an article in the WA post regarding Germany and France’s approach. They pretty much are using vaccine passports which I think we need to implement. Let the pandemic be over for  the people who choose to be responsible and get vaccinated. Make  life expensive and inconvenient for the @Bobs who are irresponsible and won’t get immunized. You want to go to a ball game, movie, out to eat go on vacation and get a plane ticket and a hotel , go to a concert the list of activities could be long, to do all those things you have to show proof of immunization. If you are not immunized , and get Covid then you are assessed a steep penalty , say 1,000 dollars. If you end up getting hospitalized you get an ever steeper penalty, say 5,000 dollars. We have the tools available to end this pandemic , but Arkansas, Idaho , Missouri, Mississippi etc need a kick in the rear end to get their act together . Normally I don’t care if the Bobs choose to live in ignorance because I’m not the one who has to face the consequences, but if their irresponsibility leads to severe consequences for the educated and responsible ones, we need to kick them in the rear to get their act together. 

He said his wife had to get vaccinated for work. But I don't think there is anyway you'll convince him.

13 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Show him how awesome the fishing is in Costa Rica

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

18 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I think you can get the fence-sitters by doing this: Those who are unsure, hesitant, lazy, or simply just procrastinating. But I don’t think you get the hardcore anti-vaxxers like Bob this way, or any other way. I think they dig their heels in even deeper. So the question is if convincing those fence-sitters is worth the heavy-handedness. It’s an interesting question, but there has to be a better way. Going to door-to-door with in-person outreach might reach the same people, but with fewer infringements. But I don’t know.

Of the two friends I know who have chosen not to get vaccinated, one has a deep distrust of institutionalized medicine in this country due to the prescriptive approach and the prescription regimen he was on through his adolescence. He is also aware of the irrationality of his distrust and has begun seeing a therapist for it. 

The other is simply lazy as shit and uninformed. 

Neither is allowed inside our house when they come over and have to stay outside like stray animals.

Did anyone post a link in the COVID thread to the Forbes article from last week about the six vaccinated people who all contracted COVID while attending an outdoor wedding? Such stories will continue until such time as the monkey gizz-swilling dipshits of the world get on board to help stop the transmission of this virus.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

We’re all going to be exposed to covid this winter. If you’re vaccinated, you might get it, it might even make you sick, but you’ll avoid the hospital, and you definitely won’t die.

If you’re not, you’re rolling the dice. I’ve been at enough craps tables to know the odds aren’t always in your favor. Good luck douchebags. Enjoy your six-figure medical bill and/or coffin.

I don't think there is anything you can do that would convince Bob or others like him to voluntarily get vaccinated. 

I would favor covid vaccinations being added to the required vaccinations for school admission, and vaccination passports for travel and mass transit, Businesses should be able to require vaccinations or not.

Where I work, they just implemented a policy that those at the workplace who choose to certify that they are vaccinated can be maskless in the workplace, while those who are unvaccinated or will not certify that they are vaccinated are required to wear a mask while at the workplace, which I think is fine.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

22 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

That’s fine, make life expensive and inconvenient

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to make insurance deductibles higher for COVID related hospitalizations for the unvaccinated just as smoking or high risk activities like sky diving costs more. If you want to access future stimulus or extra unemployment benefits, you should get vaccinated as clearly the unvaccinated are perpetuating our state of emergency. Carrot and a stick. Hospital charges average somewhere between 51-78k per pt (between 25-40 yo) but likely doesn’t cover the costs associated with COVID care. 

Trump said this morning people not getting vaccinated is because they do not trust Biden or the fake news.

Of course he also said the vaccine hesitation is due to the election fraud. :rolleyes::facepalm:

If some are waiting until the election is overturned, then I guess some people will never get vaccinated.

9 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Trump said this morning people not getting vaccinated is because they do not trust Biden or the fake news.

Of course he also said the vaccine hesitation is due to the election fraud. :rolleyes::facepalm:

If some are waiting until the election is overturned, then I guess some people will never get vaccinated.

The above just proves what a complete retard Trump is. He had the golden ticket to re-election had he taken COVID seriously. Instead he went all in with the bat shit crazy segment of his base. Operation Warp Speed was one of his greatest success stories. He could’ve and should’ve been front and center leading the charge to get the country vaccinated. Sometimes I think he and his closest advisors used the movie Idiocracy as the template for his administration. 
On the other hand, President Biden hasn’t instilled much confidence in me either. 

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Of the two friends I know who have chosen not to get vaccinated, one has a deep distrust of institutionalized medicine in this country due to the prescriptive approach and the prescription regimen he was on through his adolescence. He is also aware of the irrationality of his distrust and has begun seeing a therapist for it. 

The other is simply lazy as shit and uninformed. 

Neither is allowed inside our house when they come over and have to stay outside like stray animals.

Did anyone post a link in the COVID thread to the Forbes article from last week about the six vaccinated people who all contracted COVID while attending an outdoor wedding? Such stories will continue until such time as the monkey gizz-swilling dipshits of the world get on board to help stop the transmission of this virus.

There is a lot of outright lies on YouTube and social media right now , and normally that’s fine, however these lies are costing lives and that is where their freedom of speech ends. These liars need to be shut down for the public good. Iam No fan of Biden but he was right , people are dying because of this. 

I think we need to go from an ask politely approach to a more aggressive kick in the rear end approach. France and Germany have already made these changes. Place every consequence of not getting vaccinated square on the laps of all the @Bobs. Make life inconvenient and expensive fir them using a passport system  while the vaccinated can go back to doing the things we enjoy. 

31 minutes ago, sean327 said:

The above just proves what a complete retard Trump is. He had the golden ticket to re-election had he taken COVID seriously. Instead he went all in with the bat shit crazy segment of his base. Operation Warp Speed was one of his greatest success stories. He could’ve and should’ve been front and center leading the charge to get the country vaccinated. Sometimes I think he and his closest advisors used the movie Idiocracy as the template for his administration. 
On the other hand, President Biden hasn’t instilled much confidence in me either. 

Back at the pandemic start, I said in a thread here that Trump missed with his March 2020 speech about the virus. He should have motivated the country to work together to to fight it. Trump also early on spoke about feeling like a wartime president fighting the virus but quickly dropped that line. He really missed last year.

33 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

You just throw them to the wolves and you quit catering to them. Drop the guardrails and move on.

This is it right here. We all sacrificed for 15 months. That’s enough. They had their chance. If they die, they die.

9 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

This is it right here. We all sacrificed for 15 months. That’s enough. They had their chance. If they die, they die.

image.jpeg.c0b94151463694f2dac3fe32fc500f77.jpeg

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

Imagine being that selfish.

43 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Imagine being that selfish.

Yet his base is devoted to him. Time and time again, they’ve been shown his true colors and they just double down. You can fix ugly, but you can’t fix stupid.