Jump to content
bornontheblue

What do we do to get the Bobs & Rebels 18 vaccinated.

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Given the recent studies out of Israel, depending on when you got the vaccine you might be in the same boat. As per the Israeli study, efficacy wanes by/after the sixth month. And I highly doubt we retain the same degree of protection over the entirety of the initial six month period, either. We are asking my parents to roll back some of their roll backs to early pandemic levels.

I think my wife is more at risk with her asthma and allergies, it can be severe at times. I don't have any chronic conditions that I am aware of.

Which brings up a good point, are there going to be boosters (not sure if this is correct term) for us this fall?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

I think my wife is more at risk with her asthma and allergies, it can be severe at times. I don't have any chronic conditions that I am aware of.

Which brings up a good point, are there going to be boosters (not sure if this is correct term) for us this fall?  

I had heard Pfizer is seeking FDA emergency approval for a booster by sometime in August, though I would love to hear if @Stealthlobo has any inside word on this.

And you're correct wth regards to your wife's comorbidity issues placing her at higher risk. I really hope you are able to convince her to get vaccinated, though from how it sounds she's pretty deeply entrenched. Good luck though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I had heard Pfizer is seeking FDA emergency approval for a booster by sometime in August, though I would love to hear if @Stealthlobo has any inside word on this.

And you're correct wth regards to your wife's comorbidity issues placing her at higher risk. I really hope you are able to convince her to get vaccinated, though from how it sounds she's pretty deeply entrenched. Good luck though.

I haven't delved too much into it, but at the surface, it looks like greed. We don't have a full understanding of longevity, but theoretically immunity should last years. Need more information though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

In all seriousness, this is of great concern to me.  I got phizzered at the earliest opportunity, late March / mid-April.  Unfortunately, my wife,  has allergies and asthma issues and refuses to get vaccinated.  She is reinforced in her decision by liberal, and conservative anti-vax individuals and has been for 10 years or more.  One of the liberal families doesn't use microwave.  Her daughter is a liberal nurse and most influential, but she has ignored doctors advice for years.  As I have mentioned, the anti-vax adherents are a wide spectrum from college educated soccer moms to Alex Jones followers and multitudes in-between. I haven't brought it up with her in a couple months, but I did screen print above and ask her to reconsider.

I hope you are able to convince them both. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Given the recent studies out of Israel, depending on when you got the vaccine you might be in the same boat. As per the Israeli study, efficacy wanes by/after the sixth month. And I highly doubt we retain the same degree of protection over the entirety of the initial six month period, either. We are asking my parents to roll back some of their roll backs to early pandemic levels.

What were the types of vaccines in the study. The dead vaccine and mRNA are quite different technologies and both types are in wide use 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

I think my wife is more at risk with her asthma and allergies, it can be severe at times. I don't have any chronic conditions that I am aware of.

Which brings up a good point, are there going to be boosters (not sure if this is correct term) for us this fall?  

Well even flu shots get rolled out each year to deal with the variants.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Well even flu shots get rolled out each year to deal with the variants.  

Coronavirus protein and nucleic acid structures are very different to influenza virus.  First it's positive-sense similar to polio whereas influenza is negative sense. Influenza also mutates a lot quicker with bigger changes which means vaccinating more often. 

Again, it's hard to say still how long immunity will last to the current COVID-19 immunizations.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's really not anything that we could do to get the bob's of this country to get their vaccinations.

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

There's really not anything that we could do to get the bob's of this country to get their vaccinations.

 

I wonder if he would change his mind if he was charged the full cost of his hospitalization.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I wonder if he would change his mind if he was charged the full cost of his hospitalization.   

He would just medical BK.

E4gqefiVcAAc8mH.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently have an employee who's husband can't get in for a stent (over 90% blocked in one artery) because of bed availability due to Delta. He's been rescheduled twice and waiting 3 weeks so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

I hope you are able to convince them both. 

Her daughter is a hospice nurse, even though she's opposed to vaccines and supports your mom in it, I'm pretty sure she went ahead and got the Moderna.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Well even flu shots get rolled out each year to deal with the variants.  

I have got the yearly flu shot for about 12 or 13 straight years now. Just curious what the regimen will be with the covid vaccines. I believe in all vaccines, I just covid and flu.  I think I'm due to get the shingles one next year. I hear that's a real b****.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I have got the yearly flu shot for about 12 or 13 straight years now. Just curious what the regimen will be with the covid vaccines. I believe in all vaccines, I just covid and flu.  I think I'm due to get the shingles one next year. I hear that's a real b****.

Similar side effect profile to covid but can last a few days longer. Nice thing is you get the two doses, then done for life. Much better than getting shingles though, that shit sucks...

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, retrofade said:

There's really not anything that we could do to get the bob's of this country to get their vaccinations.

 

Slappy: "Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, and federal administration is trying to do is shove it down your throat."

Reporter: "What are the shoving? The science?"

Slappy: "No. They're shoving the fact that it's their agenda. The agenda is to get you vaccinated."

Guilty as charged, Copernicus!

:rotflmfao:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Slappy: "Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, and federal administration is trying to do is shove it down your throat."

Reporter: "What are the shoving? The science?"

Slappy: "No. They're shoving the fact that it's their agenda. The agenda is to get you vaccinated."

Guilty as charged, Copernicus!

:rotflmfao:

Videos like that are hard to watch.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alum93 said:

Videos like that are hard to watch.  

They are. But I’m on Team @Joe from WYon this one. These people want to be lambs to the slaughter. And there is nothing we can (or should) do about it.

  • Like 5
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

I wonder if he would change his mind if he was charged the full cost of his hospitalization.   

Excluding coverage is emotional rage bullshit, I don't think we want to go down that path.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

What were the types of vaccines in the study. The dead vaccine and mRNA are quite different technologies and both types are in wide use 

It was the Pfizer vaccine. I presume that given the similarities between the two the same concern would exist for Moderna as well, though it was only Pfizer's vaccine referenced in reports about the study. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

They are. But I’m on Team @Joe from WYon this one. These people want to be sheep to the slaughter. And there is nothing we can (or should) do about it.

Agreed, and as I said before, set up field hospitals for these idiots. Run it with the National Guard. Get them out of our hospital beds.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...