Jump to content
bornontheblue

What do we do to get the Bobs & Rebels 18 vaccinated.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Exactly. You aren't getting the vaccine (nothing wrong with that...many of my closest friends aren't getting it for a variety of reasons either and to each their own) but you also aren't the type to demand everyone kowtow to your "safety wishes" or whatever either. Those people (generally speaking) already have the vaccine anyway, so it's time to just move on. What's done is done.

There is plenty wrong with it, but I respect the right to choose. (Just like we all have the right to express the thought that he's making a terrible choice). That said, I wish there was at least some logical consistency. It's why I keep bringing up abortion with him. Because I could apply the very same words to express my views on that: "There is plenty wrong with it, but I respect the right to choose. (Just like we all have the right to express the thought that he's making a terrible choice)." As you could. 

Anyways, I'm pretty comfortable with where we are on all this. I think we should try to persuade anyone who is persuadable by going door to door or what have you, while avoiding more heavy-handed exclusionary methods like the ones suggested in this thread. It's pretty clear that Covid is going to be part of our lives forever now, in part because of the Bobs of the world. But more importantly because it's a huge world and we're never going to vaccinate enough to make it disappear. So we're just going to have to learn to live with it.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed with all those who say folks have made their bed on this issue.

I get that the medical industry has a duty to care, but enough is enough. I say we set up field hospitals in large public spaces for the anti-vaxxers. I'm talking tents and army cots. Use the national guard to run them. The regular hospitals should be left for the folks who are vaccinated and need non-Covid related medical care. Hospitals should be permitted to refuse care to the unvaccinated. Either they get the jab or they go to these field hospitals. Exceptions of course for those who are too young or medically unable to get the vaccine.

  • Like 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Agreed with all those who say folks have made their bed on this issue.

I get that the medical industry has a duty to care, but enough is enough. I say we set up field hospitals in large public spaces for the anti-vaxxers. I'm talking tents and army cots. Use the national guard to run them. The regular hospitals should be left for the folks who are vaccinated and need non-Covid related medical care. Hospitals should be permitted to refuse care to the unvaccinated. Either they get the jab or they go to these field hospitals. Exceptions of course for those who are too young or medically unable to get the vaccine.

lol. Since hospitals have been so overwhelmed with dying covid patients throughout the pandemic.

  • Cheers 1
  • Idiot 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Dude, you just dropped a non-sequitur out of left field and told me you are weirdAF. Can you please translate your first point from spectrum to English and repost? :blink: 

You invite people over so they can stand in your backyard while you're in your house.  Do you open your window and talk to them through that?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob said:

lol. Since hospitals have been so overwhelmed with dying covid patients throughout the pandemic.

Then we will need smaller tents. Good deal!

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Exactly. You aren't getting the vaccine (nothing wrong with that...many of my closest friends aren't getting it for a variety of reasons either and to each their own) but you also aren't the type to demand everyone kowtow to your "safety wishes" or whatever either. Those people (generally speaking) already have the vaccine anyway, so it's time to just move on. What's done is done.

This idea will hold unless/until a new variant emerges that is much more dangerous and deadly for small children. Then, if that's the case, the narrative will be small children will die because jackasses refused to get vaccinated. And whether it's fair or not, the Bobs of this country will be blamed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Not at all.  All are public health requirements or public decency and anti-health requirements.  
 

I will grant you abortion is apples and oranges.   But your logical disconnect on public health / decency laws betrays any actual rational thought on this topic.  Instead you just spew whatever Tucker Carlson tells you to spew.  

I don't see many parallels between public decency laws and the covid vaccine

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bob said:

I don't see many parallels between public decency laws and the covid vaccine

Conservative politicians call pornography a public health crisis all the time. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

You invite people over so they can stand in your backyard while you're in your house.  Do you open your window and talk to them through that?

No, you colossal f*cking retard. We've been having guests over through the pandemic but hang out outside near our pool. The difference now is if you're not a clinically certified bunny f*cker and got vaccinated like the rest of us, you have the option to kick it inside the house as well. 

As this applies to my friends, we tend to kick it outside anyway because we live in paradise as opposed to a lifeless desert shithole, and I like to enjoy a cigar over drinks with my friends. But if they're not vaccinated - like you or that c*ntmonkey dipshit @Bob - they have to go pee in the gulley behind the pool as opposed to inside the house. That's all. Got it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob said:

lol. Since hospitals have been so overwhelmed with dying covid patients throughout the pandemic.

Actually they have you +++++ing moron.  My daughter in law is a second year resident who has spent more than her share of time treating morons like you.  I can vouch it has been physically and emotionally exhausting.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob said:

I don't see many parallels between public decency laws and the covid vaccine

Keep dodging the question.  We all get you only have a thought when Tucker tells you to.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Actually they have you +++++ing moron.  My daughter in law is a second year resident who has spent more than her share of time treating morons like you.  I can vouch it has been physically and emotionally exhausting.   

hospitals have largely NOT been overwhelmed with covid patients. Sorry, it's a fact. The hospital my brother is a resident at in Denver was beyond ICU capacity just this week and had zero covid patients. Hospitals periodically get busy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Keep dodging the question.  We all get you only have a thought when Tucker tells you to.  

Let's see - longstanding and universally accepted norms and laws about public decency and public health vs forcing an experimental vaccine on children that have a such good chances of surviving and not incurring harmful effects from this virus that it could be said children are not affected, and, oh, tens of millions of people vehemently disagree with forcing covid vaccine on children and young adults.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

I know Bob’s views can be ugly, but I don’t think we should be wishing death on anybody. 

To be clear, I don’t wish death on them. I’m just not sad when it happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bob said:

hospitals have largely NOT been overwhelmed with covid patients. Sorry, it's a fact. The hospital my brother is a resident at in Denver was beyond ICU capacity just this week and had zero covid patients. Hospitals periodically get busy.

Yeah because Denver is a blue state.  Try being a resident in AZ and you might have a different opinion.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bob said:

Let's see - longstanding and universally accepted norms and laws about public decency and public health vs forcing an experimental vaccine on children that have a such good chances of surviving and not incurring harmful effects from this virus that it could be said children are not affected, and, oh, tens of millions of people vehemently disagree with forcing covid vaccine on children and young adults.

Perhaps we are talking at different levels.  I’m referring to mask requirements which are no different than the requirement to wear shoes or cover up in some establishments.  
 

if you don’t want to get vaccinated it’s on you but that doesn’t requires others to accept your un-masked presence.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bob said:

hospitals have largely NOT been overwhelmed with covid patients. Sorry, it's a fact. The hospital my brother is a resident at in Denver was beyond ICU capacity just this week and had zero covid patients. Hospitals periodically get busy.

Well, if 1 hospital in Denver is ok, then that changes everything....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RSF said:

Well, if 1 hospital in Denver is ok, then that changes everything....

To be fair I’m using one doctor in AZ.   But it raises a question of whether Bob is smart enough to have an MD brother.  Perhaps one of them is adopted.  :shrug:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...