Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

What do we do to get the Bobs & Rebels 18 vaccinated.

37 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

You are an ignorant fool. The virus is not spread by aerosols. Humans do not breathe out aerosols dummy!

You expel snot and spit droplets out of your nasty unmasked mug which is the primary means of spreading the virus. Masks are not and have never been touted as 100% effective , but they keep your nasty disease ridden filth contained to your own nasty face. 

I

Subtle...:D

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

masks do not work to slow the spread, but whatever. Spread by aerosols mainly, as is painfully obvious, which masks are not capable of stopping, whatever, ugh. It's not about that.

sure they do, my boy!  of course they work to slow the spread.  they do indeed stop aerosols. not all aerosols are the same size, and even a t-shirt can block aerosols up to 2um in size.  the coronavirus is .1um in size, but it doesn't just exist alone as a point in space.  n95 masks protect up to about 90% of aerosols down to .3um. and even homemade cloth masks do a great job stopping droplets.  all these things help.  nothing is 100%, and i'd be foolish to ever argue otherwise.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

1 hour ago, Bob said:

You danced around the original point.

well, not to be a dick, but your original point was a facetious facebook meme trying to paint points like mine as circular and foolish.  by laying out my points straightforwardly and from start to finish, i demonstrated it's NOT circular.  so -- no.  no dancing on my part.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

The vaccines do not stop the spread of the virus very well after just a few months.

ok, sounds great, man.  the vaccine was never intended to stop you from spreading the virus, it was to help keep you from contracting the virus.  or, if you DO contract it, provide your white blood cells with the instructions necessary to do a better job fighting it.  you're arguing a point i didn't make.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

If you are vaccinated you are a vector for the virus.

wrong.  you are a vector only if you contract the virus; which you have a good chance of avoiding if you take the vaccine!  get vaccinated, my dude!  you can't spread what you don't have!

1 hour ago, Bob said:

The only reason one would take the vaccine is to protect oneself from hospitalization and death (great do it if you think you need it and are comfortable with it), which protection also wanes with time. The virus will run unimpeded over all of humanity regardless if you or I get a vaccine. You taking a vaccine basically has no bearing on weather anyone else will get the virus. There. Stop. Whatever else you wrote is pointless. You still really think this thing can be "controlled". lololololololol

no, no the virus will NOT run unimpeded over all humanity if we take these protective measures.  it will very much be impeded.  it will prevent contraction and when coupled with wise social distancing (not necessarily total lockdown, but hopefully you get the idea) and public, indoors mask wearing.  this will absolutely impede the virus.  additionally, it will prevent the virus from mutating.

bob, we need you, man.

wear a mask.

wash your hands.

stay away from other folks when you can.

get vaccinated.

15 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I'm not failing to see anything here. I see the same problems you do. 

Why people aren't getting vax doesn't really matter.  It's what we are going to do about that does.

How far do we go to force compliance?

I saw a CBS News report yesterday about an ICU Nurse who posted a Tik Tok video of her ICU unit. After the introduction, she blanked the screen and allowed the audio to continue. All you heard for one minute were the sounds of Medical equipment beeping and making the noises they make to keep people alive. You constantly heard monitoring equipment going into alert mode because the patients vital signs were failing. It was phucking eeeerie.

Bottom line is many Tik Tok users who saw that video went oit and got vaxxed. Came back to Tik Tok and encouraged others to do the same. 

Maybe, it takes stuff like that and positve peer pressure amongst youth. Canvassing of Minority Communites to provide solid, Science backed info about the benefits if getting the jab. We need Community efforts to set uot vaxx outreach booths at car washes, in front of grocery stores, in the food courts at the malls and at sporting events.

We won't get them all, there will always be holdouts, but I'm betting we can get to 75% Nationwide.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

sure they do, my boy!  of course they work to slow the spread.  they do indeed stop aerosols. not all aerosols are the same size, and even a t-shirt can block aerosols up to 2um in size.  the coronavirus is .1um in size, but it doesn't just exist alone as a point in space.  n95 masks protect up to about 90% of aerosols down to .3um. and even homemade cloth masks do a great job stopping droplets.  all these things help.  nothing is 100%, and i'd be foolish to ever argue otherwise.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

well, not to be a dick, but your original point was a facetious facebook meme trying to paint points like mine as circular and foolish.  by laying out my points straightforwardly and from start to finish, i demonstrated it's NOT circular.  so -- no.  no dancing on my part.

ok, sounds great, man.  the vaccine was never intended to stop you from spreading the virus, it was to help keep you from contracting the virus.  or, if you DO contract it, provide your white blood cells with the instructions necessary to do a better job fighting it.  you're arguing a point i didn't make.

wrong.  you are a vector only if you contract the virus; which you have a good chance of avoiding if you take the vaccine!  get vaccinated, my dude!  you can't spread what you don't have!

no, no the virus will NOT run unimpeded over all humanity if we take these protective measures.  it will very much be impeded.  it will prevent contraction and when coupled with wise social distancing (not necessarily total lockdown, but hopefully you get the idea) and public, indoors mask wearing.  this will absolutely impede the virus.  additionally, it will prevent the virus from mutating.

bob, we need you, man.

wear a mask.

wash your hands.

stay away from other folks when you can.

get vaccinated.

Droid, let me introduce you to Bob.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Just now, TheSanDiegan said:

Droid, let me introduce you to Bob.

oh yeah i know him.  it's just...  sigh.  i always hope someone ELSE is reading it who thinks like bob but doesn't have the... well, i wouldn't say "courage," but...  the commitment to post and retrench the way bob does.  plus it helps keep me on my toes when i decide to go make sure i'm not too far out of touch with what folks are saying.  i thought Bob-o had a point about aerosols until i read the nature article.

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

lol at your outdated article that mentions Mongolia as a success story, which had the highest case rate in the world a couple weeks ago. Nice one! fail. covid virus size is .06 -.125 mcrons. N-95 mask holes are .3 microns. water vapor molecules are as small as .1 microns. The margins of a mask along your face are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE larger and freely let water vapor molecules in and out. It's not rocket science. Where the  hell do you think all the air goes after you exhale and where do you think all the air comes from that you breathe?

https://news.berkeley.edu/story_jump/largest-study-of-its-kind-finds-face-masks-reduce-covid-19/

the virus is not suspended in midair, alone, bob.  it is in droplets of varying sizes.  or aerosols.  the masks reduce both.  there's an updated study for you, which says the same thing.  which means my original link wasn't outdated -- it was confirmed.

Why don't people get covid outside? Because the aerosolized particles are wisked away and diluted and killed by uv light. Meaning aerosolized particles are how it's transmitted. Why do they tell you to open a window in an enclosed space (all CDC stuff)? Because they are saying that aerosolized particles fill a room and you suck them in and get covid because your worthless mask is worthless at preventing that. This is why people don't get covid from going to a football game, but you do at home. 

for sure, my dude.  i'm on board with this.  when i'm outside i don't wear a mask and i don't think others should have to.  it's just close quarters or indoors that it's prudent and beneficial to do so.

We all wore masks everywhere and still got sick? Hmm wonder why?

How many do you know that dutifully wore their masks, but got sick anyway? and were FLABBERGASTED

Use your brain. You're smarter than this.

well, that's the thing, bob.  you're overestimating mask wearing in order to back your point.  this is just an empty assertion on your part.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0249891
Of the 8 states with at least 75% mask adherence, none reported a high COVID-19 rate. States with the lowest levels of mask adherence were most likely to have high COVID-19 rates in the subsequent month, independent of mask policy or demographic factors.

mask wearing has a direct causal effect on covid infection rates.  

you're doing all or nothing thinking.  yes, you can still get the virus if you wear the mask.  but your odds are lower.  masks help.

You had some mindless post where

you

posted

this

in

an

attempt

to

seem

dramatic

and

emphatic

stating that the the vaccinated needed to be protected form the unvaccinated. Therefore I posted a meme with sound logic that you still can't even begin to refute.

yeah, i remember that one.  it was to refute the point that SDSUFan made about how if i get the vaccine, why should i care what someone else does?  and once again, i'll repeat: because people who don't vaccine provide a way for the virus to continue to grow and mutate and nullify my vaccine.  the notion that "i can do whatever i want, leave me alone" in a pandemic is patently not true.  this affects us all.

OK. You've been gaslighted. You and you tribe buy everything they feed you. The vaccines really shouldn't be called a vaccine. More like a therapeutic at this point. They don't stop the spread of the virus very well after a period of only months

[ oversized headlines removed for brevity ]

what i originally said was this:

i seem to have lost you, so i'll try again:

the vaccine's intention is to provide white blood cells with dead / weakened versions of the virus in order to augment your immune system and give you a better chance of a.) not contracting it at all or b.) having a better immuno response if you DO contract it.

if you do not contract it, you won't spread it.  
if you do contract it, you will spread it.

check it out, bob.  from your own article that you linked: https://businessinsider.com/cdc-director-data-vaccinated-people-do-not-carry-covid-19-2021-3

Among fully vaccinated people in the study, there were only three "break-through" COVID-19 infections detected. In stark contrast, unvaccinated participants in the study logged 161 COVID-19 cases.

none of this nullifies or invalidates what i said.  yes, you *CAN* spread the virus *IF* you contract it.  a vaccine lowers your chance of contracting the virus.  so does a mask.  the vaccine has the additional benefit of helping your own immune system fight the virus, possibly saving your life.  

You are really going to sit here and tell me vaccinated people don't contract and pass the virus???? Do you live in a hole in the ground? Why did the CDC say everyone needs to wear masks again regardless of vax status (retarded, but that's what they said)? This is an admission that the vaxxed are vectors of the virus.

see above.

Breakthrough COVID Cases in Mass. Now Approaching 30,000

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/breakthrough-covid-cases-in-mass-now-approaching-30000/2492577/

Do you know what a breakthrough case is?

Vaccinated people don't get or pass covid must be why half the people in FL that are getting mCAB. dude. everything you say is wrong.

see above, still.

And nothing says you aren't a vector for covid if you are vaxxed like Thailand, Iceland, Mongolia and other highly vaxxed countries that are setting record breaking cases rate in recent weeks. Again. Try using your brain.

desantis says vaccines are saving lives: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/564249-desantis-urges-public-to-get-vaccinated-these-shots-are-saving-lives

like, the whole of your posting history expects a 100% strict adherence to black and white outcomes: either you are vaccinated and you never contract the virus or everything is a total failure.  this is just plain false, man.  and it's not something i said.

thailand vaccination rate: 18% fully vaccinated; one dose: 40% - 199K cases out of a country of 40MM -- infection rate of .5%
iceland vaccination rate: like 78% fully and currently has 465 total cases out of a country of 300,000 -- infection rate of .155%

idk, man.  sure seems like the vaccines are working. 

4 hours ago, Bob said:

What do you think aerosolized means? Hanging in the air for extended periods of time on WATER VAPOR which you breathe out. +++++ you're stupid. And masks do not contain even close to all the water vapor you breath out. Where do you think all the air goes that you breathe out when you wear a mask?

You basically can't get the virus outdoors. Hmmmm wonder why? Maybe because the sun kills all the aerosolized virus and the wind carries it away?

Wonder why the CDC recommends opening a window in a room. To circulate air that has aerosolized virus.

It's weird that people don't get the virus at football games where everyone is screaming and spitting and shouting without masks, but do while sitting at home reading a newspaper while their spouse watches TV. It's not the droplets that quickly fall to the floor, dummy.

weird that similar populations where one has a mask mandate and on that doesn't perform identically, see LA County and Orange County, CA. The only logical, scientific conclusion is that covid is spread by aerosols and that masks do jack didly shit in containing aerosolized virus. 

There is a huge difference between aerosol particles and snot and  spit droplets that come out of your face when you breathe. Humans do not breathe out aerosol particles which are very tiny and can be suspended in air, but rather tiny droplets. There  is a huge difference. Without a mask they get projected out from you and can be breathed on by others before they fall to the ground. When  You put a mask on the radius at which you project out these droplets ( not aersol particles) is contained to you. It works for the same reason your mother told you to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. We all debated this a year ago , you fool!  why haven’t you learned this by now 

Just now, Bob said:

Dude. This isn't going to work, but let's try to think this out logically.

Two identical populations. One wears masks at a much higher rate than the other. They perform the same. Masks really do catch the spit and droplets like you say, yes. The one population whose spit droplets are caught by masks performed no better than the other population's spit droplets that were not caught. What is the only logical conclusion?? Spit droplets ARE NOT the main mode of transmission. 

You are a complete +++++ing moron. I’m done arguing with you. 

38 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Just stahp. :stop: He's not going to react favorably to your flirtations. Our species reacts to a different set of attractors than yours does.

He has been repeatedly made a fool of several times again, and again on this board. It’s irritating arguing with clueless morons. I remember when the pandemic first  started thinking  wearing masks were stupid , as a virus would just get through. I also am intelligent enough  to hear the argument and be persuaded to change my mind about their effectiveness, and thus  change my personal behavior. @Bobon the other hand has been repeating the same ignorant bullshit here for nearly two years now. I get irritated because Idaho is a state filled with ignorant @Bob’s and they make policy decisions based on that ignorance. This pandemic had truly revealed that stubborn ignorance is much more pervasive than we thought. 

11 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

He has been repeatedly made a fool of several times again, and again on this board. It’s irritating arguing with clueless morons. I remember when the pandemic first  started thinking  wearing masks were stupid , as a virus would just get through. I also am intelligent enough  to hear the argument and be persuaded to change my mind about their effectiveness, and thus  change my personal behavior. @Bobon the other hand has been repeating the same ignorant bullshit here for nearly two years now. I get irritated because Idaho is a state filled with ignorant @Bob’s and they make policy decisions based on that ignorance. This pandemic had truly revealed that stubborn ignorance is much more pervasive than we thought. 

Bob has more vested in keeping the virus going than anyone. It's part of his identity now. As a culture warrior, it makes him feel strong. Evidence doesn't matter. It's never been about that.

7 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Sadly I think this is as much a human trait as it is provincial. The bolded comment reminded me of this:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-17-at-11-27-53-PM.pn

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Mask Cult creating another convert.

You phucking Vaxzi's and Maskzi's are phucking crazy...and evil

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

9 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Mask Cult creating another convert.

You phucking Vaxzi's and Maskzi's are phucking crazy...and evil

Kids have temper tantrums over having to brush their teeth. 

MAKING YOUR CHILDREN BRUSH THEIR TEETH MAKES YOU A LITERAL EVIL NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Meanwhile, back in actual dataland, here's EVIL, CONSERVATIVE ( ewwwwww) Idaho cases

image.png.a5e7e40f176eb95de89caa53d4c2dc96.png

And here's nice, compliant Liberal Southern California cases

image.png.1d8a08d52d58f424b230ddbe63106c27.png

Notice anything?  San Diego has probably the highest vax compliance rate in the US for a major Metro area,  Somewhere around 82% with at least one dose and over 75% fully vaxxed yet the curve and the MAGNITUDE tracks almost exactly with supposed backwards, unvaxxed evil conservatives.  What gives geniuses?  What bullshit, nonsense pulled directly form Rick Maddow's ass can you argue here?

So you're not only crazy and evil.  you're stupid, innumerate asshats

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Kids have temper tantrums over having to brush their teeth. 

MAKING YOUR CHILDREN BRUSH THEIR TEETH MAKES YOU A LITERAL EVIL NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

No but suffocating and torturing them NEEDLESSLY with a goddamn stupid ass face diaper is

You goddamn moron

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke