Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

What do we do to get the Bobs & Rebels 18 vaccinated.

16 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Bummer there about the friendship, but I keep seeing the trend that the more educated: the more likely to be for vaccinations. I could see in OB not losing the compassion at least unless they have to deal with the actual covid illness on a daily basis (not really sure what ob entails)

It's hitting Ob hard now. I had to do a Q&A for the hospital this AM. 15x more likely to be intubated and die if you're not vaccinated and get Covid. Only 23 percent pregnant moms are vaccinated.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:25 AM, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea but that’s just bad faith nonsense on their part; either the vaccine is FDA approved, or it’s not. It’s not like if the J&J or Novavax shots had been approved first they would have just said, “vaccine mandate? GREAT!” It’s also not like the hypo he proposed was “o if the COVID vaccine is required why not require this other mRNA vaccine?”; that would have at least been logically consistent. The argument “if we mandate a mRNA vaccine why not…. The flu shot” makes no sense; not if the fear is mRNA vaccines. 

And if it legitimately is a fear of mRNA, ok, then public school vaccine mandates wait until the J&J or Novavax vaccines are approved. Problem solved. And then I would pose the same question; when people claim mandating those vaccines are “a bridge too far”, why not re-evaluate some other mandates? The “correct” vaccines to be mandated just so happen to be the ones that are currently mandated? Well gee, that’s awful convenient! It’s almost like they didn’t evaluate every vaccine individually on their merits and just don’t want any new mandates added to the list for arbitrary “muh freedoms” reasons.

they already have conspiracy theories about the head of the NIH being married to Anthony Fauci. Work has become dumb conspiracy political hour. People have lost their damn minds. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

It's hitting Ob hard now. I had to do a Q&A for the hospital this AM. 15x more likely to be intubated and die if you're not vaccinated and get Covid. Only 23 percent pregnant moms are vaccinated.

Damn. So its happening everywhere. Well i guess it's expected.

9 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I love that the “law and order” loving cops are refusing to abide by lawful mandates and the “law and order” loving voters are cheerleading them on for not following, you know, laws. 

It is hard to protect and serve the public when you do not take steps to protect yourself...

43 minutes ago, Bob said:

"The researchers also found that people who had SARS-CoV-2 previously and then received one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine were more highly protected against reinfection than those who once had the virus and were still unvaccinated."

So you've decided to get one dose of the vaccine afterall?? ;)

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

"The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine"

Hey I'm just quoting from the article you posted. Don't you want to be even MORE protected?

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

The way I see it is you either get natural immunity or you take booster shots forever. If you are not bothered by getting booster for the rest of your life then that's fine. Everyone can make their own choices.

But what if you have to get booster 'infection' the rest of your life too? Isn't it better to get a vaccine vs risking live infection?

You don't have to answer that, I'm actually done trying to convince others, i just thought I'd have fun because the study said getting the vaccine on top of infection was better.

I actually printed out my recent vaccine record to have on hand for our trip (just in case) and I've actually had over 20 shots in the last 5 years, so im definitely alright with boosters for protection. But I've also had many patients who have a downright phobia of receiving shots, so I guess I can see why they try to exhaust all other options as well.

48 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

"The researchers also found that people who had SARS-CoV-2 previously and then received one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine were more highly protected against reinfection than those who once had the virus and were still unvaccinated."

So you've decided to get one dose of the vaccine afterall?? ;)

You think he actually reads these things?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

30 minutes ago, Bob said:

The way I see it is you either get natural immunity or you take booster shots forever. If you are not bothered by getting booster for the rest of your life then that's fine. Everyone can make their own choices.

From everything I have read the “ naturual immunity”  is temporary and only effective against the particular variant that infected you. 

Also, you do know that Covid doesn’t kill you , right ? It’s your immune system overreacting too late that makes you drown in your Inflamed  fluid filled lings. 

get the vaccine dummy ! 

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I don’t think the article represents proven by science. It’s a retrospective study without testing controls. That said,  I agree that natural immunity is underrated and I don’t push vaccines hard on people with previous infections. Most of the previously infected with severe disease that I know are first in line for a vaccine. It’s actually good news for herd immunity. You don’t deserve 2 idiot votes for this. We shouldn’t pick and choose our science which happens on both sides…but mainly the anti vaxxers.

Just now, retrofade said:

What a freaking idiot.

A sad amount of self inflicted death going on across the country - and mostly in republican heavy areas..........Don't think that's surprising :hmmm: from what we know about the people in the cult of stupid