Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

What do we do to get the Bobs & Rebels 18 vaccinated.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

I assume in their case, increased travel?

It is not the tourists.  As sharktanked pointed out,  it is unvaccinated residents going to Vegas and coming back infected.  A covid test three days before you return is not working well for a week or weekend trip.  Point is though Hawaii really does not change for going outside or staying inside based on the season.

6 hours ago, Bob said:

wow. Maybe shift your ire to those that wish to take away your freedoms then. If you believe you won't get sick because you are "fully vaxxed" then why do you give a phuck about me or anyone else? Talk to your governor, country health Nazis, etc. about them stealing your freedom. That would be the logical thing to do. not rail against those that have nothing to do with you and aren't harming you personally in any way.

Translation: "I think I'm a tough guy who struts his stuff by "going against the grain". So you pussies can go ahead  and conform, and then you can also bend down and kiss my ass"!

Marlboro_man_gif.gif

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Once again the unvaccinated causing problems for the rest of America.  Filling up the hospitals again.  Elective surgeries being postponed and people left to suffer and wait while the unvaccinated take up beds.  The stupidity of America continues

1 hour ago, Bob said:

You’re  free to hide in your basement as long as you like while double masking

I'm not hiding in my basement, I already went  and got the 2 freaking shots. You're the one hiding! duh.

retired football player, (ex-Idaho Vandal) Mark Schlereth says:

cerified_Subarus.jpg

6 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

That is really sad. We are going to see a lot more of this in the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Is it really that sad though? I laughed when I read it. Guy was a +++++ing moron.

Yeah but you are more of a heartless asshole than I am lol.  He did make his choice though and the consequences came due. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Desantis is in the anti-vaxxer doghouse now for daring to suggest that vaccines work and encouraging people to get them.

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2021/07/26/sellout-anti-vax-conservatives-come-for-desantis-1389008

Maybe they can dig up George Wallace's corpse and prop it up with a stick to run as Trump's running mate the next time. It'd probably go over well with that crowd.

This can't be real life, can it? 

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

What gets me too are the people who claim that the shit they see on YouTube or read in Facebook groups is more trustworthy than whatever they hear from actual highly-trained and respected doctors, scientists, etc. who spend years of their life dedicating their lives to their respective fields.

It's crazy as +++++.

Another reason that the internet has made us collectively dumber , rather than educating the masses. Lies move 10X the speed of truth on the internet. 

17 hours ago, Bob said:

You’re  free to hide in your basement as long as you like while double masking

So this is you, after a rant about "Freedom", saying that you are more important than everyone else

which would mean that you don't give a shit about freedom. You're gleeful to oppress far more than the single you

Bob, did you know, other people are as real as you are?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Another reason that the internet has made us collectively dumber , rather than educating the masses. Lies move 10X the speed of truth on the internet. 

I understand that sentiment, but it's only emboldened stupidity and ignorance. Not the cause, but a symptom.

It's like the dumb shit plandemic "scientist" people fawned over and propped up as a qualified voice. Technically she was a published scientist, but without research on the internet you'd never know that her one published research paper was quickly discredited and rescinded. And ever since she's just been on a gift grind.

I think education has once again failed us here as well as our present 2 party duopoly of doom. With ideological presets we do not diverge from, people just look to confirm biases that keep them comfortably dumb. The more we could learn to apply critical thought at all stages of education, the more apt we would be to look beyond our small bubble of influence for information. And the more able we would be to discern quality information from trash. 

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I kind of agree with that, but I don't know if it was the internet itself. The internet, in a vacuum, is the most glorious invention we've had, arguably. It's allowed all of us an unparalleled access to information we would have only dreamed about 20+ years ago. Books, albums, obscurities, art, all sorts of shit...it's made that infinitely more accessible, and I think for curious people, it's been a sort of godsend in that regard.

Of course, though, it's a double edged sword, I'd say, and in a sense, here's where I agree with you. I think it has a tendency to feed into people's worst tendencies, and it also linked up a lot of disparate crazy people who would have never known each other existed if not for the internet, giving rise to a host of bizarre movements. The problem is, I think a lot of people aren't curious and instead want to read things to reinforce their views. And the internet is definitely terrible for that, because the unfettered firehose of access means you end up with nonsense that people use to justify their own views, in addition to really good information. You have to take the good with the bad I guess.

I think a bigger problem is Social Media IMO. It's social media that has blurred the line between internet reality/actual reality and transformed things into the crazy leviathan we're dealing with currently.

Damn.... jinx?

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Great post. And building on that, I'd say that the overall data illiteracy of the average American is a contributor to problems too. So many people see the internet like they see television, that if it's on there, it's got to be true, and they never dig into whether it's legit or not, because 1) it confirms what they say (which ties into your confirmation bias statement I suppose), and 2) they give it a sort of credibility because they saw it on a screen.

I call it reality tv sentiment, but in actuality it's more of a syndrome. It kind of is amazing how as much as things change, they really kind of don't. 

We used to watch slaves be torn apart by lions in coliseums for entertainment. Now we watch mentally ill people tear each other apart emotionally and psychologically on tv and social media for entertainment. 

I agree though, the internet is the most amazing thing we collectively have built as a species. We just completely misuse it most of the time, whether it be lack of understanding or will.

Anyways, I digress. What was this thread about anyways? Bobs? Just hide it in Budweiser's and they'll all eventually get it.