Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

What do we do to get the Bobs & Rebels 18 vaccinated.

Warning: rant

A friend of mine recently hit and killed someone with his car. It was a total accident. A schizophrenic transient was high on meth and darted out into traffic. An awful tragedy, but nothing my friend could have done. He tried to swerve, but it was too late. Wasn’t drinking, wasn’t on his phone. Was just unlucky.

My friend is devastated. He’s having trouble sleeping. Last time I talked to him he cried out of the blue. We weren’t talking about the accident. I deliberately avoided the subject. He’s in therapy. He goes to a support group. He talked to the mans family and apologized and they even told him it wasn’t his fault. They had tried to help their family member for years with no success. They resigned themselves to a tragic end long ago. 

Still, the guilt is crushing him. He’s traumatized. He hasn’t driven since. He’s been told not to dwell on it, but he can’t get past the fact that he was responsible for someone else’s death. I feel for him, and I don’t know how to help him. I worry he’ll never be the same. 

If this had happened to me, I think it would break me too. I’m not sure I could live with taking a life, even if it was an accident or even self-defense. To just blank out another persons existence - a person with a family and people who care about them - would just be too much to bear. I’d never be the same either.

I tell you this though: if I get a breakthrough delta infection this winter and kill some antivax f*cktard, I will feel the exact same amount of guilt as I do when I’m walking and unknowingly step on a bug. They don’t value their own lives, and they certainly don’t value mine or anyone else’s, so they lose the protection of the community around them. They deserve way worse than covid can give them.

I have infinitely more sympathy for a schizophrenic junkie than I’ll ever have for any of them. They’re the worst among us. Even a murderer or rapist can see the error of their ways and change. Hell, even some pedophiles recognize that what they are is harmful and will go so far as to get themselves castrated so as not to prey on innocent children. It’s possible for the most heinous criminals you can imagine to redeem themselves and still live valuable lives that matter. These people, on the other hand, are broken beyond repair. We’re all better off without them. I don’t mourn a single one of them.

/rant

7 hours ago, sean327 said:

The above just proves what a complete retard Trump is. He had the golden ticket to re-election had he taken COVID seriously. Instead he went all in with the bat shit crazy segment of his base. Operation Warp Speed was one of his greatest success stories. He could’ve and should’ve been front and center leading the charge to get the country vaccinated. Sometimes I think he and his closest advisors used the movie Idiocracy as the template for his administration. 
On the other hand, President Biden hasn’t instilled much confidence in me either. 

Ironically, the one damn thing he didn’t endlessly praise himself for is the one thing that endless self praise would have probably done some good.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Ironically, the one damn thing he didn’t endlessly praise himself for is the one thing that endless self praise would have probably done some good.

Its because he pushed that other medicine that had no effect on Covid, but could easily have nasty side effects if taken by those that don't need it.

2 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

A friend of mine recently hit and killed someone with his car. It was a total accident. A schizophrenic transient was high on meth and darted out into traffic. An awful tragedy, but nothing my friend could have done. He tried to swerve, but it was too late. Wasn’t drinking, wasn’t on his phone. Was just unlucky.

My friend is devastated. He’s having trouble sleeping. Last time I talked to him he cried out of the blue. We weren’t talking about the accident. I deliberately avoided the subject. He’s in therapy. He goes to a support group. He talked to the mans family and apologized and they even told him it wasn’t his fault. They had tried to help their family member for years with no success. They resigned themselves to a tragic end long ago. 

Still, the guilt is crushing him. He’s traumatized. He hasn’t driven since. He’s been told not to dwell on it, but he can’t get past the fact that he was responsible for someone else’s death. I feel for him, and I don’t know how to help him. I worry he’ll never be the same. 

If this had happened to me, I think it would break me too. I’m not sure I could live with taking a life, even if it was an accident or even self-defense. To just blank out another persons existence - a person with a family and people who care about them - would just be too much to bear. I’d never be the same either.

I tell you this though: if I get a breakthrough delta infection this winter and kill some antivax f*cktard, I will feel the exact same amount of guilt as I do when I’m walking and unknowingly step on a bug. They don’t value their own lives, and they certainly don’t value mine or anyone else’s, so they lose the protection of the community around them. They deserve way worse than covid can give them.

I have infinitely more sympathy for a schizophrenic junkie than I’ll ever have for any of them. They’re the worst among us. Even a murderer or rapist can see the error of their ways and change. Hell, even some pedophiles recognize that what they are is harmful and will go so far as to get themselves castrated so as not to prey on innocent children. It’s possible for the most heinous criminals you can imagine to redeem themselves and still live valuable lives that matter. These people, on the other hand, are broken beyond repair. We’re all better off without them. I don’t mourn a single one of them.

/rant

I believe there's quite a few people that have their minds just utterly poisoned right now. It's such a hard time to be mentally healthy, for us to process the near infinite amount of information, misinformation and gossip we are all subjected to day in and day out. It's not natural.

3 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

I think I've got it figured out.

All we need for people like Bob to take the jab is for Democratic leadership to come out and say "No one should take the vaccine, it's not good for you!" They'd line right up to spite 'em.

LOL. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

13 hours ago, Mano said:

I don't think there is anything you can do that would convince Bob or others like him to voluntarily get vaccinated. 

I would favor covid vaccinations being added to the required vaccinations for school admission, and vaccination passports for travel and mass transit, Businesses should be able to require vaccinations or not.

Where I work, they just implemented a policy that those at the workplace who choose to certify that they are vaccinated can be maskless in the workplace, while those who are unvaccinated or will not certify that they are vaccinated are required to wear a mask while at the workplace, which I think is fine.

Mine has the same policy.  

On 7/17/2021 at 1:38 PM, bornontheblue said:

I’m reading an article in the WA post regarding Germany and France’s approach. They pretty much are using vaccine passports which I think we need to implement. Let the pandemic be over for  the people who choose to be responsible and get vaccinated. Make  life expensive and inconvenient for the @Bobs who are irresponsible and won’t get immunized. You want to go to a ball game, movie, out to eat go on vacation and get a plane ticket and a hotel , go to a concert the list of activities could be long, to do all those things you have to show proof of immunization. If you are not immunized , and get Covid then you are assessed a steep penalty , say 1,000 dollars. If you end up getting hospitalized you get an ever steeper penalty, say 5,000 dollars. We have the tools available to end this pandemic , but Arkansas, Idaho , Missouri, Mississippi etc need a kick in the rear end to get their act together . Normally I don’t care if the Bobs choose to live in ignorance because I’m not the one who has to face the consequences, but if their irresponsibility leads to severe consequences for the educated and responsible ones, we need to kick them in the rear to get their act together. 

Make it clear to the Republican Pols and commentators spreading disinformation that between their support of January and this disinformation they are treasonous bastards who should be in jail not office. 

Misinformation starts at the top.  Sadly as long as the Tucker Carlsons of the world keep up their stick we are in for an unnecessarily long next year.   

13 hours ago, Akkula said:

I know Costa Rica was happy you have so many anti vaxxer idiots.  We just got 500k shots down here and that probably wouldn't have happened if the trumpists would have taken their shots.  The funny thing is they would usually be pissed if brown people got anything over them but right now they are pursuing the "America Last" policy.  

12 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Evolution in Action. 

13 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Why waste a ventilator on them

You do realize minorities are one of the largest groups not getting vaccinated. 

11 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

/rant

You're phucked up.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

You do realize minorities are one of the largest groups not getting vaccinated. 

I agree minorities are a problem and minority leaders are doing their best to educate the population.  But the biggest problem is turning this into a political issue and misinformation being spread on right wing news channels.  

15 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Two things:

1. People say I’m weird AF.  What would that make you based on the post above?

2. You can still get the virus even if vaccinated.  However, your odds of having a severe infection are 95% less.  95%~ of coronavirus hospitalizations and 99% of deaths nationally are among the unvaccinated!

Dude, you just dropped a non-sequitur out of left field and told me you are weirdAF. Can you please translate your first point from spectrum to English and repost? :blink: 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

19 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

There is a lot of outright lies on YouTube and social media right now , and normally that’s fine, however these lies are costing lives and that is where their freedom of speech ends. These liars need to be shut down for the public good. Iam No fan of Biden but he was right , people are dying because of this. 

I think we need to go from an ask politely approach to a more aggressive kick in the rear end approach. France and Germany have already made these changes. Place every consequence of not getting vaccinated square on the laps of all the @Bobs. Make life inconvenient and expensive fir them using a passport system  while the vaccinated can go back to doing the things we enjoy. 

The lies are also at CPAC and regularly at Fox News.  I hear them repeatedly from my right wing friends.  On top of it you have Trump saying things like:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/07/19/vile-new-trump-gop-claim-about-vaccines-suggests-trouble-ahead/

“People are refusing to take the Vaccine because they don’t trust his Administration,” the former president said in a statement Sunday, referring to President Biden. “They don’t trust the Election results, and they certainly don’t trust the Fake News.” There you have it: Trump is telling his supporters that they are correct not to trust the federal government on vaccines, because this sentiment should flow naturally from their suspicion that the election was stolen from him. Expressing the former has been magically transformed into a way to show fealty to the latter.

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

How many vaccines are approved for children under 12 you +++++ing moron retard fool clown. This has nothing to do with vaccines for kids. It has everything to do with you and your ilk being feckless pieces of shit. Why do you and your ilk want to maim and abuse children? You make me +++++ing sick

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vaccines-age.html

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yep. This is all anyone that refuses a vaccine has ever wanted. F the fascists that want to control you and your body/health/choices

Now do this for abortion.

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yep. This is all anyone that refuses a vaccine has ever wanted. F the fascists that want to control you and your body/health/choices

So Bob are you also opposed to mandates the require shoes and shirts?  How about mandates against women showing breasts at the beach or in public?