Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Lunardi’s Way Early Bracketology

38 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Two MWC teams. SDSU in as a 9 seed and CSU as the last four in. Nevada or anyone else no mention. After last years poor showing by SDSU and USU it’s easy to understand. 

Nevada sweet 16. Mark it now folks.

39 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Two MWC teams. SDSU in as a 9 seed and CSU as the last four in. Nevada or anyone else no mention. After last years poor showing by SDSU and USU it’s easy to understand. 

Our OOC is trash so unless we clean up in conference we will have to win the MWCT to get into the NCAAs next year. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

52 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Our OOC is trash so unless we clean up in conference we will have to win the MWCT to get into the NCAAs next year. 

Loser mentality from the retread Assford!  UNLV has, at minimum, two top 10 teams on the non-conference schedule.  They also have a road game at SMU and I believe another one at VCU.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Loser mentality from the retread Assford!  UNLV has, at minimum, two top 10 teams on the non-conference schedule.  They also have a road game at SMU and I believe another one at VCU.

So , that's 4 losses .. .good for you.

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

We’re going to roll.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I'm not surprised to see Boise St. left off that list. We'll beat a couple of teams we shouldn't in early season, get on all the early brackets and then collapse at the end of the year again. The story writes itself. Wash, rinse, repeat.  

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

30 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

When you have to change the subject, you know you’ve lost.

You change the subject by trolling and then call someone out for… changing the subject? You’re odd.

Nevada’s schedule is weak. And typically it’s made worse because Vegas sucks of late. So how about you first worry about Vegas just not sucking.. again? 

Like I said to the Boise fans after they were talking about playing their way into the Tourney late in the season instead of beating a vulnerable Houston squad early; as a mid-major your fate is pretty much sealed by the end of December. Maybe that can change some this year.  AF is a lost cause but maybe UNM and SJSU an actually figure out how to play the sport.  No matter what, we can't have three sub-200 teams in the conference. No reason why every squad in this conference can't be in the top 100 except the aforementioned AFA, who should be invited to leave and join the Patriot League.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Like I said to the Boise fans after they were talking about playing their way into the Tourney late in the season instead of beating a vulnerable Houston squad early; as a mid-major your fate is pretty much sealed by the end of December. Maybe that can change some this year.  AF is a lost cause but maybe UNM and SJSU an actually figure out how to play the sport.  No matter what, we can't have three sub-200 teams in the conference. No reason why every squad in this conference can't be in the top 100 except the aforementioned AFA, who should be invited to leave and join the Patriot League.

Boise's fate was sealed when they lost to Fresno at home.  Handle the Dogs, they earn an at-large.

5 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

December didn't matter. We were in if we had not lost to Fresno, or lost like 5 of our last 7 or whatever.  Massive collapse in conference was the issue.

45 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

December didn't matter. We were in if we had not lost to Fresno, or lost like 5 of our last 7 or whatever.  Massive collapse in conference was the issue.

If you had a Houston skin in your belt, it would have offset the Fresno loss and then some. It goes without saying you have to take care of business in a shitty conference, which was my other point.  When conference losses are BAD losses, you're screwed.

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

Boise's fate was sealed when they lost to Fresno at home.  Handle the Dogs, they earn an at-large.

See above

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

5 hours ago, jewelz4562000 said:

The way we were playing it was a blessing we didn’t get in as an at large. 

18 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

If you had a Houston skin in your belt, it would have offset the Fresno loss and then some. It goes without saying you have to take care of business in a shitty conference, which was my other point.  When conference losses are BAD losses, you're screwed.

See above

Well yeah obviously Houston win would have notched it. But would have been much easier to just beat crappy Fresno at home than beat a final 4 team on the road.