Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

The current version of the GOP is stupidest version to exist

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Given you can get the shot at the local grocery store I’d say its blacks being distrustful of what whiteys vaccine might do to them. 

So what are white Republicans excuse? Are they distrustful of whitey as well?

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

I don't really have a problem with mandatory vaccines for attendance in public school.  Although, I know people who don't vaccinate and their kids seem to go to public schools, so I don't know if it is actually enforced or what.

My issue with the Covid vaccine is that it hasn't undergone full trials, it is not a high risk illness for children, so I think it is unreasonable to mandate it for attendance until it has undergone full trials.

I still haven't decided whether or not to have my boy get it.  I don't think he cares one way or the other.  If they would do away with the stupid masks in class if you get it, he'd want to do it.

I can appreciate that. However, the issue isn't so much the direct impact to the health of young children as it is the other, more vulnerable members of the population they encounter (family members, care providers, etc.).

Another area of concern is allowing the virus a large population of susceptible people (e.g., a school full of school kids) in which to mutate and get in front of the immunity the vaccines provide. We see this in the Delta variant and the reduced efficacy of the vaccines against it.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

16 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I can appreciate that. However, the issue isn't so much the direct impact to the health of young children as it is the other, more vulnerable members of the population they encounter (family members, care providers, etc.).

Another area of concern is allowing the virus a large population of susceptible people (e.g., a school full of school kids) in which to mutate and get in front of the immunity the vaccines provide. We see this in the Delta variant and the reduced efficacy of the vaccines against it.

The virus is going to mutate anyway.  It's not getting eradicated worldwide.  It will find a resevoir somewhere.

And the most vulnerable members of the population are the most likely to be vaccinated.  If they choose not to get vaccinated, then that's their deal.

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

The virus is going to mutate anyway.  It's not getting eradicated worldwide.  It will find a resevoir somewhere.

And the most vulnerable members of the population are the most likely to be vaccinated.  If they choose not to get vaccinated, then that's their deal.

Horrible logic. The rate of mutation is wholly dependent on the size of the susceptible population, full stop. Because science.

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Horrible logic. The rate of mutation is wholly dependent on the size of the susceptible population, full stop. Because science.

The size of the population of the globe!  Of which 13-16 year old Americans are a ridiculously small percentage.  The idea that vaccinating that small percentage of the global population is going to signifcantly impact the evolutionary course of the virus is silly.

5 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Your logic is horrible.  If the rate of mutation is your primary concern you should want us to be prioritizing vulnerable population in other countries over a low risk group like teens in the USA.

10 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Your logic is horrible.  If the rate of mutation is your primary concern you should want us to be prioritizing vulnerable population in other countries over a low risk group like teens in the USA.

This is a very good point. We’ve pledged a lot of vaccine outside our borders, but not nearly enough and not as much as we could. We also should be prioritizing the adult population here who are choosing not to vaccinate for whatever reason. But that is being met with resistance, too.

The size of the population of the globe!  Of which 13-16 year old Americans are a ridiculously small percentage.  The idea that vaccinating that small percentage of the global population is going to signifcantly impact the evolutionary course of the virus is silly.

No. Wrong. Incorrect. :facepalm:You're understanding of epidemiology leaves something everything to be desired.

If the rate of mutation is your primary concern you should want us to be prioritizing vulnerable population in other countries over a low risk group like teens in the USA.

This is true, as evidenced by the promulgation o fate Delta variant, and the other variants (e.g., UK, Brazil, S. Africa) before it. However, the validity of this statement does not, in any way, impact the validity of my last post to which you replied; the two are not mutually exclusive.

17 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

This is true, as evidenced by the promulgation o fate Delta variant, and the other variants (e.g., UK, Brazil, S. Africa) before it. However, the validity of this statement does not, in any way, impact the validity of my last post to which you replied; the two are not mutually exclusive.

More evidence is needed on the use of the different COVID-19 vaccines in children to be able to make general recommendations on vaccinating children against COVID-19

This is directly from the WHO's June guidance.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice

23 minutes ago, Bob said:

If the vaccines don't help prevent the spread of covid

Bob we have infectious data from the US which proves this statement to be absolutely false

why are you an anti-vaxer propagandist? what do you get out of this?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

43 minutes ago, Bob said:

Why is the UK experiencing a surge in cases as bad as any they've had when they are the most vaccinated major country on earth?

1. They're not the "most vaccinated major country on earth". Chile is. The US and UK are roughly equivalent in terms of vaccination. 

2. We've determined that we need about 70-90% of the population to be fully vaccinated to provide herd immunity (I think in most other viruses we say 85% so let's roll with that). The UK is far from that. 

3. There's about a 3 week lag between reported infections and the actual infection date. They opened... pretty early

This... is just simple d00d

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Bob we have infectious data from the US which proves this statement to be absolutely false

True dat. However, I'm with Bob in thinking that if some people want to risk killing themselves by not getting vaccinated, I don't give a shit if they die.

However, I get that you think we don't have enough people in the world so you WOULD care. :)

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Given you can get the shot at the local grocery store I’d say its blacks being distrustful of what whiteys vaccine might do to them. 

Perhaps but in some inner cities many grocery stores aren’t available.  I have seen other data that would indicate it could also be a distribution issue. 

4 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So what are white Republicans excuse? Are they distrustful of whitey as well?

Yeah.  Blacks at least have historical reasons for their distrust.   But I think distribution is a bigger issue. 

4 hours ago, CPslograd said:

The more hosts infected the greater chance of mutation.  It’s straight math.  

The whole point of minimizing mutation is avoiding a mutation that the vaccine is ineffective against so your second point is nonsensical.   

If the risks were just to those who chose to not get a vaccination, I would say F it and let them die.  But the risk to those who can’t get vaccinated and the risk of mutations that could leave the country with no vaccination protection must be taken into account.  

24 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

While I can't speak for many cities, here at least, food deserts or not, there's plenty of outreach to the impoverished in inner city neighborhoods, and lots of efforts there to get vaccines out. The people just aren't taking them. It's leading to gaps in the vaccinated...in San Francisco, alone, the gap is roughly 20% between white San Franciscans and black San Franciscans.

https://www.sfgate.com/bay-area-politics/article/San-Francisco-COVID-vaccine-Black-African-American-16299118.php

The discrepancy in vaccine rates has little to do with distribution IMO, because there's jabs available everywhere and there has been for months now.

Yes though I suspect we have more outreach here than in some other states but I hear you...  motivation is an issue in black communities.  

On 7/13/2021 at 2:47 PM, mugtang said:

Vaccines wiped out polio, measles, small pox, etc but now these +++++ing retarded Republican politicians are all “vAcInEs ArE bAd AnD cAuSe AuTiSm AnD sCiEnCe Is ThE wOrK oF sAtAn” herp derp

E6bfY5hUcAAG-Wm?format=jpg&name=large