Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

The current version of the GOP is stupidest version to exist

31 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I work in healthcare and the anti-vaxers hurt us all where it really counts, in the f__king wallet.

It's not uncommon for someone very sick with COVID to spend a month in the ICU. A month in the hospital is typically a seven figure hospital bill. Those cost will inevitably trickle down to your health insurance provider and increase your premiums. Not to mention the financial impact of those who will need to claim medical bankruptcy. Those costs will be spread out to all of us in increased medical costs.

Its as selfish decision from a hundred different vantage points.

Yep which is why Healthcare can and should play a role here.   You want to smoke you pay a premium for your healthcare.   You want to avoid vaccinations you should also pay a premium.  

9 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don’t think Mug is at fault for those pop ups. @Jeffkills runs the show now.

The Alabama hillbillies are not going to kill the rest of us.

No, no, no.  I wasn't blaming Mug for the popups.

That was just my apple news feed that came up by default.  I was just making a point about the slant of the news.

5 hours ago, sactowndog said:

You are free to post any data to back your points.  Most will happily look at it.  But given Fox News constant anti-Vax rants, the statements from GOP politicians, the anti-Vax cheering at CPAC...... the blaming of Alabama Hillbillies seems perfectly appropriate.

when you look at this state ranking what do all these bottom states have in common?   Not racial make-up but they are all heavily GOP.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html

You can cut up the pie anyway you want.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Let’s be honest here. The bullchit you see in Tennessee will impact the poor. The rich are smart enough to consult with their doctors and do what’s best for them. And anyone with half an educated brain recognizes the value of vaccines. The Trumptard and his merry band of morons are ALL vaccinated. Why? Because they have money and are educated! They get the argument they started is nonsensical. It’s only the stupid who spend their days and nights watching FOX and OAN who don’t.

It’s like the fuktards who have never taught a day in their lives. Who have never volunteered a day In their lives. Who have only visited a school because their kid didn’t get a grade they think they deserved. These are the folks now demonstrating at schools and chanting chit about CRT! Does anyone actually want Karen near children? No!

Yet this is the argument. Every. Single. Day. 

I don't know if I agree with that completely.  I know a lot of upper middle class people who are paranoid at vaccines in general.

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I think a more direct apples-to-apples would be the genesis of mandated vaccinations in schools for children, a practice which was begun by the city of Boston in 1827 and adapted by the state of Massachusetts in 1855. New York, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut soon followed suit.

This was because attending school had or was becoming mandatory, and had absolutely nothing to do with long-term clinical studies or trials. The CDC and FDA weren't formed until the 20th century, and there was no extant policy mandating a repeatable clinical trial process for vaccines until 1938.

So... no? 

I don't really have a problem with mandatory vaccines for attendance in public school.  Although, I know people who don't vaccinate and their kids seem to go to public schools, so I don't know if it is actually enforced or what.

My issue with the Covid vaccine is that it hasn't undergone full trials, it is not a high risk illness for children, so I think it is unreasonable to mandate it for attendance until it has undergone full trials.

I still haven't decided whether or not to have my boy get it.  I don't think he cares one way or the other.  If they would do away with the stupid masks in class if you get it, he'd want to do it.

3 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I don't know if I agree with that completely.  I know a lot of upper middle class people who are paranoid at vaccines in general.

Statistically speaking, my guess is the majority of people not taking it are doing so for stupid reasons.  And there are probably a smaller percentage that have legit reasons and have researched the data, talked to doctors, and attempted to make educated decisions for themselves and their families while ignoring the political rhetoric.  

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

I work in healthcare and the anti-vaxers hurt us all where it really counts, in the f__king wallet.

It's not uncommon for someone very sick with COVID to spend a month in the ICU. A month in the hospital is typically a seven figure hospital bill. Those cost will inevitably trickle down to your health insurance provider and increase your premiums. Not to mention the financial impact of those who will need to claim medical bankruptcy. Those costs will be spread out to all of us in increased medical costs.

You could say the same thing about obese people that overeat and have a lot more health issues that impact all of our insurance rates. Are they selfish bastards too? 

11 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Statistically speaking, my guess is the majority of people not taking it are doing so for stupid reasons.  And there are probably a smaller percentage that have legit reasons and have researched the data, talked to doctors, and attempted to make educated decisions for themselves and their families while ignoring the political rhetoric.  

https://theconversation.com/anti-vaccination-beliefs-dont-follow-the-usual-political-polarization-81001

Interesting read.

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You could say the same thing about obese people that overeat and have a lot more health issues that impact all of our insurance rates. Are they selfish bastards too? 

Well, yes.

+++++ dem AAC fans.

18 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

My issue with the Covid vaccine is that it hasn't undergone full trials, it is not a high risk illness for children, so I think it is unreasonable to mandate it for attendance until it has undergone full trials.

False.

28 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

So yes blacks are vaccinated at a lower rate.  Are you claiming it’s a hesitancy problem or a distribution problem?  Those two are very different problems to solve.  

19 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

yes absolutely, it is all the rage in healthcare

the insurance provider I work for give monetary incentives for people who are exercising, losing weight, going to their doctor regularly, getting blood work, watching their cholesterol and blood pressure not smoking, etc.

Just now, Del Scorcho said:

yes absolutely, it is all the rage in healthcare

the insurance provider I work for give monetary incentives for people who are exercising, going to their doctor regularly, getting blood work, watching their cholesterol and blood pressure not smoking, etc.

It doesn’t seem to be working. America is getting fatter and fatter. 

15 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Yes but also dated....

August 23, 2017 8.34pm EDT

I think it was completely true the anti-Vaccination movement was non-political prior to Covid.  But in the political swirl of trying to minimize Covid, I think it has changed significantly.   

Just now, sactowndog said:

Yes but also dated....

August 23, 2017 8.34pm EDT

I think it was completely true the anti-Vaccination movement was non-political prior to Covid.  But in the political swirl of trying to minimize Covid, I think it has changed significantly.   

I think it has probably always been political. Just that anti-vaxxers weren't the sole domain of one political ideology or another. I still think it's that way, to some degree, but it does appear that the anti-vaxx sentiment on the right is growing at a rapid pace. 

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

This is another oddity...........all these "fiscal conservative" republicans not getting the vaccine or advocating FOR not getting the vaccine are just causing massive losses in the healthcare arena...........and they are probably more apt to not even have health insurance 

40 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

So yes blacks are vaccinated at a lower rate.  Are you claiming it’s a hesitancy problem or a distribution problem?  Those two are very different problems to solve.  

Given you can get the shot at the local grocery store I’d say its blacks being distrustful of what whiteys vaccine might do to them. 

24 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Okay, decided he was moving to Tennessee.

And since it's Mr. Grumpy's term, I'm proud to be called fake news.

He just stole it.  Fake news became a term popularized by the left to label social media nonsense and non stories before Trump took it.