Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

The current version of the GOP is stupidest version to exist

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

interesting….

Yep. Diet hasn't changed. Alcohol input hasn't changed. Nothing in my daily routine has changed.  Other than the trips to the bathroom. 

54 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

A lot of things are marketed to children.  Let's take a look at anti smoking campaigns (which I hate, btw) they re marketed to children.  It is a health decision.  Why should marketing health decision to children be outlawed?  I see no good reason;.  

Because the government is saying that the government should not do this :shrug:. It’s their agency’s stamp that they won’t allow to be put on the advertisement. If Tennesseans don’t like it they’re free to vote them out. When countries like Great Britain aren’t even approving the vaccines for most kids that age, it’s anything but stupid to say maybe the government should hold off before going around parent’s backs to sell this idea to kids, even if you think it should. Covid isn’t the threat to children that measles and smallpox are, it just isn’t.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

52 minutes ago, mugtang said:

How about this. If you refuse to get the Covid vaccine and then you get Covid you are denied medical care.  If you die, too bad so sad. Should’ve gotten a safe and effective vaccine that likely would’ve prevented you from getting the disease. 

Lets Go GIF by Regal

1 hour ago, Maji said:

Marketing doesn't force anyone to do anything

If it’s the government’s policy, it damn sure forces government employees to produce and distribute said marketing.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If it’s the government’s policy, it damn sure forces government employees to produce and distribute said marketing.

So? I don't see the issue here.

Just now, Maji said:

So?

So when the government chooses to market something, or not to in this case, it’s not true that marketing doesn’t force anyone to do anything.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

So when the government chooses to market something, or not to in this case, it’s not true that marketing doesn’t force anyone to do anything.

C'mon now. My point was that marketing doesn't force anyone to vaccinate.

5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

This was your trope for a year, wasn't it?  "Our kids lives are destroyed!  This only kills old people anyways!"  

Own it, Simple Jack.

Animated GIF
I can’t stop laughing! Best line of the year!

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

Vaccines wiped out polio, measles, small pox, etc but now these +++++ing retarded Republican politicians are all “vAcInEs ArE bAd AnD cAuSe AuTiSm AnD sCiEnCe Is ThE wOrK oF sAtAn” herp derp

They shouldn’t be giving a Covid vaccine to kids. I don’t believe your story. It doesn’t pass the smell test and the media lies about the GOP all the time. There’s got to be more to this. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

How about this. If you refuse to get the Covid vaccine and then you get Covid you are denied medical care.  If you die, too bad so sad. Should’ve gotten a safe and effective vaccine that likely would’ve prevented you from getting the disease. 

Jesus Christ, that’s dark.  

I am fully vaccinated, but a guide friend was not and died.  He was a good person, active in local conservation and Make a Wish Foundation. 

He made a mistake, and paid for it with his life.  

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

My experience with the vaccine has been such :

Used to have serious bowel problems. 

Every day 4 or 5 times to the toilet. 

Now, I'm 'normal ' once or twice a day.

Dont know if it's a coincidence or the vaccine killed some gut stuff.    Weird but glad I'm not hitting the toilet every few hours...     

Sounds like autism.

20 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

They shouldn’t be giving a Covid vaccine to kids. I don’t believe your story. It doesn’t pass the smell test and the media lies about the GOP all the time. There’s got to be more to this. 

Trump is the beacon of truth right.. 

26 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Jesus Christ, that’s dark.  

I am fully vaccinated, but a guide friend was not and died.  He was a good person, active in local conservation and Make a Wish Foundation. 

He made a mistake, and paid for it with his life.  

but it wasn't a "mistake", it was a conscious stupid phucking decision  

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Barring those with compromised immune systems. But, they're the exceptions.

They are currently giving in to anti-vax crowd about all vaccinations, even those that have existed for decades.

Here is another article with copies of some emails.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/email-tennessee-health-officials-ordered-not-to-promote-immunization-awareness-month

In one of the emails, the Tennessee Dept of Health says they will not do any promotion of National Immunization Month in August.

That promotion is typically done to remind/inform parents about back to school immunizations for childhood diseases.

""August is National Immunization Awareness Month and we would typically do a news release, a Governor's proclamation (in the before times) and communications out to LHDS (local health departments) and partners," Fiscus wrote in an email.

"Please let me know if we'll be permitted to acknowledge the occasion."

The department's chief medical officer, Dr. Tim Jones, was succinct in his reply

"Per the Commissioner, no outreach at all," Jones said, according to a copy of the email provided to NewsChannel 5 Investigates."

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It’s always been a big deal. All of those vaccines were approved going through full clinical trial and have ample evidence of their safety and effectiveness. I think the Covid vaccine is a miracle and have been as big a proponent of it as anyone. But it’s still an emergency use vaccine, we can’t know any long term effects because there hasn’t been enough time to do a long term study. We did the best with the time we had in an emergency and it’s looking great so far.

But Covid has never been an emergency for almost all children. It’s not like smallpox or polio in that way. So it’s a simple cost benefit analysis that Tennessee thinks should be left up to parents.

Parts of what you said is true.  But the technology of mRNA has been around for 30 years and is reasonably well understood.   So while yes it’s an emergency authorization it is not quite the shot in the dark you imply.   

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the-story-of-mrna-how-a-once-dismissed-idea-became-a-leading-technology-in-the-covid-vaccine-race/

Katalin Kariko deserves a Nobel Prize.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Marketing is always about persuasion.  It can be as much about information.  I don’t see any problem with the state providing information on items related to public health.   It is a legitimate use of government resources.