Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

HUNTER BIDEN!!!!!

5 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Can’t read the article, but I think it’s best to cut any business or financial ties with Hunter.. Biden can still be his father, but best to rid himself of any entanglements. 

Joe is still gonna want his 15%

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Just now, Joe from WY said:

It's derivative shit. Dude clearly looked at a few Kandinskys during his haze daze and fancied himself an artist.

Anyone who pays the asking price for this shit is either trying to launder money, peddle influence, or obscenely tasteless.

I heard the original buyers will all likely make immediate profit reselling it to a wider audience.  Do you buy that?  Seems...a bit sus.

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Let us also not forget that big ticket art is probably the sketchiest legal market that exists. So there's that too.

Seems buying a few 500k paintings would indeed be a great way to launder money now that you mention it.  Never even thought of that.

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Who knows. Someone sold a banana taped to a piece of cardboard at Art Basel a couple years ago for over 100k. But, no, I'd be dubious about there being a wild resale market for this.

It'd be one thing if he went absolutely insane painting it...cutting himself, putting blood in it, or something similarly batshit crazy. Then there actually might be a robust secondary market for it. But some half-ass Kandinsky ripoffs...I don't really buy it.

I feel if he had some art from his days strung out on meth while cashing fat checks from shady deals oversees it would be worth mega bucks, not for the art but for the talking point.  Well, a little for the art at least.  8 days strung out and painting would speak to something darker and deeper and more meaningful.

JMHO, but again I know nothing of art.

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I totally agree. It wouldn't then be just derivative shit, it'd be like buying a snapshot of madness at a particular point in time. The value on that would/should be exponentially higher IMO.

I still think some of this art has value simply because of what it represents, if that makes sense.  The fact this "derivative shit" is going to fetch such high prices not because of the quality of the art but because of the name, where politics are at this time, the story behind Hunter.  It's pretty interesting.

If Hunter had an oil painting from night #7 of a meth bender overseas while his dad was VP and meeting with his contacts...That would be near priceless IMHO.

11 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

We really don't know who is buying it though. Art is in a crazy bubble right now so I suppose someone could buy it on speculative value, but the mechanics of the sale coupled with his history of wheeling-dealing seems really really sketch. At the end of the day, Hunter Biden is a nobody. In 100 years, nobody will remember anything about him. Any "value" his art has at this point in time, IMO, is more than likely just a flavor of the week fad. If someone drops a half a mil on one of his paintings hoping to make a profit in the future on it, they're insane.

As to your second point, 100% agree.

I will say one thing kind of Stanning for Hunter.  I am part of several large online groups that focus on narcotics addiction and everybody, right or left, who has bothered to read his book has said it was very well done and was an honest capture of addiction.  I will also say that while reading into this he really does feel his art signifies something greater, some reality he discovered while addicted and going through recovery.  That does not mean it is great art, but I can at least respect that.  And let's all be real, would any of us turn down millions if we could make it by blowing drops onto canvas a few hours a week?  Hell no we would not.

I like Hunter.  I think the idea that the POTUS of the USA is involved in setting up the where what and how his art gets sold, and all questions regarding that are referred to the White House is an ethical concern.  Biden sucks.

Hunter has said he has been doing art for decades.  If he wants to make bank he should show what his doodles and art and poems or whatever from the lows of his addiction are and look like.  Now THAT would be something worth buying.  But it also may be too personal to sell when he can do water colors and make millions.

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I will say one thing kind of Stanning for Hunter.  I am part of several large online groups that focus on narcotics addiction and everybody, right or left, who has bothered to read his book has said it was very well done and was an honest capture of addiction.  I will also say that while reading into this he really does feel his art signifies something greater, some reality he discovered while addicted and going through recovery.  That does not mean it is great art, but I can at least respect that.  And let's all be real, would any of us turn down millions if we could make it by blowing drops onto canvas a few hours a week?  Hell no we would not.

I like Hunter.  I think the idea that the POTUS of the USA is involved in setting up the where what and how his art gets sold, and all questions regarding that are referred to the White House is an ethical concern.  Biden sucks.

Hunter has said he has been doing art for decades.  If he wants to make bank he should show what his doodles and art and poems or whatever from the lows of his addiction are and look like.  Now THAT would be something worth buying.  But it also may be too personal to sell when he can do water colors and make millions.

Seems really strange the White House would do anything monetary involving Hunter Biden. I can’t imagine there’s a good excuse for it. 

5 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Seems really strange the White House would do anything monetary involving Hunter Biden. I can’t imagine there’s a good excuse for it. 

There is not.  The fact any questions about it all are directed to the White House by Hunter's team...shows it is all BS.  It is daddy making son wealthy.  At least this time it is something as harmless as art and money laundering and not huge salaries from shady overseas government entities.

Hunters art would be worth nothing without daddy, but the fact it would be worth nothing without daddy is what makes it valuable.  Weird, interesting.  Go Hunter, you do you boi, not your fault dad is king.

If history teaches us anything, we should definitely encourage guys who like meth to do art instead of politics. Glad to see the system is working

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.