Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Carson Strong #1 Overall in 2022 Draft?!?

On 7/7/2021 at 10:37 AM, VandalPride97 said:

Fukking Nevada and their ability to pull crazy quarterbacks.  The phrase "Kap just scored on us again" is a bit of a meme because right when a play fell apart and a sack should occur, that fukker would run it in for 6.

Yeah, well, not every time.

1 hour ago, Nvjones said:

Carson got a lot of talent no doubt, but number 1 pick is getting a little ahead of ourselves I’d say.   I’d love to see it though. 

Yep.  I'll buy first rounder (and that would be really cool), but #1 overall is a little bit pie in the sky.  I'd love to see it happen though.

22 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

Yea, his hotdogging cost us an undefeated season.  Can't complain though, he won a lot of games for us.

I don’t see that as hotdogging at all, not even close. Reaching for the end zone trying to make a big play to get your team back into it. Just unfortunate timing and a good defensive play.

15 hours ago, NevadaAllStar said:

I don’t see that as hotdogging at all, not even close. Reaching for the end zone trying to make a big play to get your team back into it. Just unfortunate timing and a good defensive play.

Yep. The fumble stands out as a highlight, but Hawaii beat us in the trenches for almost the entire game and Kaep still almost pulled us all the way back. Our last possession ended deep in their end off a pass that bounced off our receiver’s chest into the arms of the warrior safety iirc. The Union learned from it and wasn’t going to let that happen again. And they didn’t.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 hours ago, NevadaAllStar said:

WTF are you talking about? Of course it was hot dogging. He would've easily scored had he just held on to it. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yep. The fumble stands out as a highlight, but Hawaii beat us in the trenches for almost the entire game and Kaep still almost pulled us all the way back. Our last possession ended deep in their end off a pass that bounced off our receiver’s chest into the arms of the warrior safety iirc. The Union learned from it and wasn’t going to let that happen again. And they didn’t.

You need to go watch that game again because that's not what happened. We lost in the trenches in the first half. But we lost because of Kap's 4 TO's.

1. We were moving well and on the Hawaii 14, and Kap throws an INT in the endzone. That's 3 to 7 points given away.

2. Instead of tucking the ball and easily scoring, Kap carelessly sticks the ball out and fumbles. That's 7 points given away. 

3. Kap fumbles the ball and gives Hawaii the ball on the Nevada 19 giving them 3 to 7 points. 

4. Nevada driving the ball for a late 4th quarter comeback win. At the Hawaii 32 Kap throws the ball too high, WR volleyball bumps it into the air and Hawaii gets the INT. 

That's 13 to 21 points given up by Kap, and that's not even counting the INT on the final drive. Hawaii was a tough opponent, but we should've beaten them by at least 10 points. 

As far as the Union not playing bad again, everyone seems to forget that we just barely squeaked out our win at Fresno St. 35-34 about a month later. And it went to the wire with Fresno driving to get into FG position to win. Our defense stepped up on that series. But the Union wasn't that great in that game. But Hawaii was the worst game of the season and probably Kaps worst game in college.

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

You need to go watch that game again because that's not what happened. We lost in the trenches in the first half. But we lost because of Kap's 4 TO's.

1. We were moving well and on the Hawaii 14, and Kap throws an INT in the endzone. That's 3 to 7 points given away.

2. Instead of tucking the ball and easily scoring, Kap carelessly sticks the ball out and fumbles. That's 7 points given away. 

3. Kap fumbles the ball and gives Hawaii the ball on the Nevada 19 giving them 3 to 7 points. 

4. Nevada driving the ball for a late 4th quarter comeback win. At the Hawaii 32 Kap throws the ball too high, WR volleyball bumps it into the air and Hawaii gets the INT. 

That's 13 to 21 points given up by Kap, and that's not even counting the INT on the final drive. Hawaii was a tough opponent, but we should've beat them by at least 10 points. 

As far as the Union not playing bad again, everyone seems to forget that we just barely squeaked out our win at Fresno St. 35-34 about a month later. And it went to the wire with Fresno driving to get into FG position to win. Our defense stepped up on that series. But the Union wasn't that great in that game. But Hawaii was the worst game of these season and probably Kaps worst game in college.

You’re right. That Fresno game completely slipped my mind.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, NevadaAllStar said:

Ok buddy, you know what they say about opinions and a**holes….

You know what they say about video.... just watch it. You really don’t think he would’ve made it in if he tucks it? That’s crazy, and it’s Kap who knew how to bend and contort his body to get it. Even if he doesn’t, it’s 1st and goal at the 6 inch line when we were moving the ball well. It’s silly to legitimize a bad decision like that with “he was just trying to make a play”.  No doubt he was trying to make a play, but he did it making a bad decision. 

Yeah, it’s true, I don’t know if I’ll ever get over that one. 🤣

kat.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You know what they say about video.... just watch it. You really don’t think he would’ve made it in if he tucks it? That’s crazy, and it’s Kap who knew how to bend and contort his body to get it. Even if he doesn’t, it’s 1st and goal at the 6 inch line when we were moving the ball well. It’s silly to legitimize a bad decision like that with “he was just trying to make a play”.  No doubt he was trying to make a play, but he did it making a bad decision. 

Yeah, it’s true, I don’t know if I’ll ever get over that one. 🤣

I don’t know if he makes it in or not if he tucks it, all I know is that he had a habit of extending at the goal line with one hand (and not switching to the outside hand at that). Now you can hammer his technique as extremely flawed in that he needs to better protect the ball but that doesn’t mean he was trying to showboat. 

1D489F5F-A240-4ADC-81CD-B933380CCC4F.jpeg

8D15B0A8-244D-49B3-819E-C26F7035913F.jpeg

1 hour ago, NevadaAllStar said:

I don’t know if he makes it in or not if he tucks it, all I know is that he had a habit of extending at the goal line with one hand (and not switching to the outside hand at that). Now you can hammer his technique as extremely flawed in that he needs to better protect the ball but that doesn’t mean he was trying to showboat. 

1D489F5F-A240-4ADC-81CD-B933380CCC4F.jpeg

8D15B0A8-244D-49B3-819E-C26F7035913F.jpeg

He was getting too cute with it because it usually worked out fine. But if you have an opponent that close to you, it’s a bad decision. I don’t know for sure if he did it to troll the Hawaii guy right on him, but I think it easily could have. Kap was a trash talker on the field, and would often be talking smack before a play, sometimes during a play, and certainly after a play. 

kat.jpg

On 7/8/2021 at 4:08 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

please don't do this to him.

The Sports Gods are scanning sports forums daily.

Guaranteed loss to SJSU now. If he ends up on the cover of SI, you know he will be lost for the season in the Cal game. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 7/10/2021 at 8:25 PM, NevadaAllStar said:

For a minute there I thought that was Derek Carr. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!