Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Carson Strong #1 Overall in 2022 Draft?!?

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/latest-sports-illustrated-mock-draft-has-carson-strong-no-1-overall

The Mountain West has had its fair share of success at the quarterback position recently with Josh Allen and Jordan Love. Strong is next up in the conference and has the most upside out of any 2022 draft-eligible quarterback. He has a fantastic supporting cast at Nevada and is in a perfect offense to put up great numbers. Strong's deep ball is the best in the class and his overall mechanics are very impressive. His freshman to sophomore season jump showed a quarterback who puts in the work in the offseason. If he takes another step this season, he has the chance to be the clear-cut top quarterback prospect in next year's draft.

Fukking Nevada and their ability to pull crazy quarterbacks.  The phrase "Kap just scored on us again" is a bit of a meme because right when a play fell apart and a sack should occur, that fukker would run it in for 6.

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

Fukking Nevada and their ability to pull crazy quarterbacks.  The phrase "Kap just scored on us again" is a bit of a meme because right when a play fell apart and a sack should occur, that fukker would run it in for 6.

I wish we were playing Idaho this year. Been awhile since we put up 70+ points on somebody :P 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Is this a weak QB Draft? I don't mean that to disrespect Strong... he's the shit, should get drafted high and is the best QB in the conference and the g5. But don't they usually go with one or two "safer" bets from big time programs before taking a flier on a guy who played against what prognosticators call weaker competition? Even Josh Allen had a couple QBs go before him.

If Strong goes #1 then that means Nevada probably goes undefeated or loses only one game in conference. And that would mean they will have been really, really good this year since they play Boise and AF, and the West is gonna be a gauntlet. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Polian completely sucked at recruiting QB’s. He inherited Fajardo and when he left we didn’t have the caliber we’re used to with Ault. He got lucky with Gangi who was good at times. But Norvell has a couple good QB’s in the oven as well as Strong. For you social warrior cancel culture dopes, no it’s not a reference to WWII evil behavior with ovens. You have to explain everything these days. 

Norvell wants a P5 HC job badly, and he’ll get one if we go 11-2 or 10-3. I wouldn’t bet the house on it. I think we’ll be 9-4. 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Is this a weak QB Draft? I don't mean that to disrespect Strong... he's the shit, should get drafted high and is the best QB in the conference and the g5. But don't they usually go with one or two "safer" bets from big time programs before taking a flier on a guy who played against what prognosticators call weaker competition? Even Josh Allen had a couple QBs go before him.

If Strong goes #1 then that means Nevada probably goes undefeated or loses only one game in conference. And that would mean they will have been really, really good this year since they play Boise and AF, and the West is gonna be a gauntlet. 

Weak underclassman and the seniors weren't good enough for last drafts

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I love the kid, but number 1 seems high. We’ll see in less than 2 months!

I'd be shocked if he doesn't go higher than #1 overall. 

On 7/7/2021 at 4:36 PM, smltwnrckr said:

That's not necessarily true. It has a lot more to do with his measurables and NFL relevant intangibles. Josh Allen and Jordan Love both had mediocre to poor seasons the year before they declared for the draft and they both went 1st round

I think Strong is too slow to be the number one QB picked in the draft.  In the SJSU game last year, when he was pressured, he was unable to escape the pressure with his feet.  SJSU made adjustments at halftime resulting in a scoreless second half for Nevada.

21 minutes ago, ashnel said:

I think Strong is too slow to be the number one QB picked in the draft.  In the SJSU game last year, when he was pressured, he was unable to escape the pressure with his feet.  SJSU made adjustments at halftime resulting in a scoreless second half for Nevada.

Speed is not necessary in NFL for a QB. He just has to move a round the pocket. I don't know why some folks keep on thinking this.  Brady, Big Ben, Manning Bros have all won multiple Superbowls.  Rivers is a HF QB just didn't win the superbowl.

4 hours ago, ashnel said:

TOs were the reason that nevada didn’t score. Not Strong. 

4 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

TOs were the reason that nevada didn’t score. Not Strong. 

Right.  Nevermind that on the opening series of the second half Strong went 5-5 for 32 yards and took the team down to the 1 before Taua fumbled his first of two in the second half.

In the second half Strong was 12-19 for 103 yards in effectively three series as one series ended after a fumble on the first play.