Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

Sporting News - HC Rankings 130-1 for 2021

MWC:

126. Marcus Arroyo, UNLV (119)

118. Danny Gonzales, New Mexico (127)

112. Andy Avalos, Boise State (NR)

106. Kalen DeBoer, Fresno State (125)

105. Steve Addazio, Colorado State (81)

96. Blake Anderson, Utah State (91)

93. Craig Bohl, Wyoming (74)

91. Brady Hoke, San Diego State (76)

85. Jay Norvell, Nevada (93)

83. Todd Graham, Hawaii (95)

81. Brent Brennan, San Jose State (121)

74. Troy Calhoun, Air Force (84)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/list/2021-ranking-college-football-coaches-1-130/aucm7nf38ieq12rwz0wbezasn

49 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

MWC:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/list/2021-ranking-college-football-coaches-1-130/aucm7nf38ieq12rwz0wbezasn

image.png.80331e99c8a2d5483176faf75712d1af.png

15 hours ago, sprtnfan said:

Man it just eats at you that we won the league last year. 

Not really because it was an * season. 

if you win it this year, then I’ll give Sharta credit. 

30 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Oh, let's go then Spartans!!! Trailer park boy will give us credit if we do....gotta get it now!

3 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Of course, imagine Fresno's defense Covid free!! Probably woulda only given up 40 or sumpthin a game.

Unfortunately there will always be that * next to the COVID Championship for Sharta in 2020. 
The only way to legitimize it is by winning one without all of the turmoil and missing players and practices of every team. 
Let’s see how Sharta does this year in a normal setting. Sounds like you’re optimistic?

"checks the record books."

Nope, no asterisk listed next to SJSU's 2020 Mountain West title.  :coffeecomputer:

7 hours ago, Cincy said:

If it does not eat at you then why post here? This post was not even about us winning a championship. It was a coach rating. Yet you still posted that icon.

This is 26,604 fans?  #FresnopullingaMiami

Fresno.jpg

On 7/7/2021 at 1:02 PM, DoubleBlueGold said:

MWC:

Hoke and Bohl should at least be in the 70’s. Brennan will see his stock sky rocket with another winning season. 

10 minutes ago, sprtnfan said:

If it does not eat at you then why post here? This post was not even about us winning a championship. It was a coach rating. Yet you still posted that icon.

It’s a friendly reminder that last season was filled with cancellations, missing players, cancelled games, cancelled practices, which all led to a never before seen scenario for every team in the country. 
Teams were playing other teams who weren’t at full strength, had limited practice and just overall oddness with no or limited fans in the stands. 

I understand Sharta fan is definitely gonna take what you can get based on  the horrid track record since becoming a member in the MWC. 

Just a little perspective on it. If I was a Sharta fan I would want a championship where all things never before seen things didn’t occur, but that’s just me. 

5 hours ago, Ram1554 said:

Hoke and Bohl should at least be in the 70’s. Brennan will see his stock sky rocket with another winning season. 

Hoke is 4-4 in current stint with Aztecs. 82-76 as HC.

Bohl is 38-44 at Wyoming.

Brennan is 15-30 as SJSU head coach.

This list is garbage.

43 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

Didn't they put it on their championship rings?

If they didn’t they probably should have. 

8 hours ago, Cincy said:

It’s a friendly reminder that last season was filled with cancellations, missing players, cancelled games, cancelled practices, which all led to a never before seen scenario for every team in the country. 
Teams were playing other teams who weren’t at full strength, had limited practice and just overall oddness with no or limited fans in the stands. 

I understand Sharta fan is definitely gonna take what you can get based on  the horrid track record since becoming a member in the MWC. 

Just a little perspective on it. If I was a Sharta fan I would want a championship where all things never before seen things didn’t occur, but that’s just me. 

I'm glad to see you're so concerned about such things. And I'm glad to know, since you are such a man of high character, that you are spending time as you are here lobbying the fresno state football program to make sure to put an asterisk on every significant stat accumulated by every Bulldog player who played in 2020. I'll look forward to seeing guys like ronnie rivers not have their final record setting stats tainted by such conditions of 2020 because of such concerned fans as yourself. 9

Oh, and I'm glad a guy who is as concerned as you are with competitive integrity is around to actively work to remind everyone that the hype over Carson Strong needs to be modified because of all the clearly valid and well considered points you make here. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.