Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UH giving UNR a run for the best metal high school bleachers

4 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Here’s the latest on UH’s temporary home.  Just bought my season tickets today.  Coincidentally, I’ll be sitting about three rows directly below where the ladies are standing at the beginning of the video.

she said dual facility for the time being.

On 7/6/2021 at 12:27 PM, RSF said:

There's nothing equal about the Raiders and UNLV.

http://www.lvstadiumauthority.com/about/faq.php

What is StadCo, and what is its role with the stadium?

StadCo is the abbreviated name for LV Stadium Events Company, the subsidiary company created by the Raiders franchise of the National Football League (NFL) to oversee stadium project development and operations. StadCo and the LVSA comprise the primary parties responsible for funding, developing and operating the stadium project. Under the terms of a number of legal agreements, including a Development Agreement and a Lease Agreement, StadCo acts as the primary decision-maker in both the development and operation of the stadium, while the LVSA has broad oversight responsibilities to ensure that the stadium’s design, construction and operation meet the standard of a premier, first-class, multi-purpose facility.

http://www.lvstadiumauthority.com/docs/UNLV Joint Use Agreement (EXECUTED).pdf

UNLV JOINT USE AGREEMENT

This UNL V JOINT USE AGREEMENT (this "Agreement") is entered into and effective as of , 2018 by and between LV STADIUM EVENTS COMPANY, LLC, a Nevada limited liability company ("Licensor"), and the BOARD OF REGENTS OF THE NEVADA SYSTEM OF HIGHER EDUCATION, FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NEV ADA, LAS VEGAS, a constitutional entity of the State of Nevada ("Licensee"). Licensor and Licensee are sometimes collectively referred to herein as the "Parties" and individually as a "Party''.

RECITALS

A. Licensor or its affiliate will be constructing, and Licensor will be the operator of a sports and entertainment stadium situated on the Land (the "Stadium"). Licensor is an affiliate of the professional football franchise that is a member of the National Football League ("NFL"), which intends to play its home games at the Stadium.

B. The Stadium will be owned by the Clark County Stadium Authority (the "Authority") and will be operated by Licensor pursuant to a Stadium Lease Agreement (the "Master Lease") between the Authority and Licensor.

C. Licensee is a public university located in Clark County, Nevada, and through the University of Nevada, Las Vegas ("UNLV"), has a Division I football team known as the UNL V Rebels (the "UNLV Team") which competes in the Mountain West Conference (the "MWC").

D. The Nevada Legislature, in a 2016 Special Session, enacted Senate Bill 1, known as the 2016 Southern Nevada Tourism Improvements Act (the "Act").

E. The Act provides for, among other things, the funding of a portion of the Stadium construction costs and for the Stadium to serve as the home of the UNL V Team subject to the terms and conditions of the Act.

F. Licensor and Licensee desire to enter into this Agreement to set forth the detailed terms and conditions pursuant to which (i) Licensee will (A) cause the UNL V Team to play UNL V Home Games at the Stadium and (B) conduct Other UNL V Events at the Stadium and (ii) Licensor will furnish the Stadium and its appurtenances for such games and other events in accordance with the terms and conditions set fo1ih herein.

G. As required under applicable Nevada law, this Agreement has been approved by the Board of Regents of the Nevada System of Higher Education at a duly-noticed public meeting.

I love how this gets under the skin of UNLV fans! :rotflmfao: After years of complaining about the Pack being called "Nevada", now they have to argue that Allegiant belongs equally to UNLV. It doesn't. 

On 7/6/2021 at 8:20 PM, wolfan8431 said:

I suspect you'll get an uptick in recruiting & attendance cause people will be curious to see the stadium but in a couple of years when recruits see 12,000 fans & all those curtains you'll drop beck to the norm.t

I’m curious. I’ll be there this year to check out the Raiders new stadium and to watch the Spartans beat the Rebels. 

Question.  Can I get a lap dance right at my seat or is there some type of VIP lounge in the stadium? 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 7/17/2021 at 11:12 AM, Slapdad said:

I love how this gets under the skin of UNLV fans! :rotflmfao: After years of complaining about the Pack being called "Nevada", now they have to argue that Allegiant belongs equally to UNLV. It doesn't. 

UNLV owns Sam Boyd and it's better than Mackay. 

On 7/17/2021 at 3:11 PM, Old_Sparty1857 said:

I’m curious. I’ll be there this year to check out the Raiders new stadium and to watch the Spartans beat the Rebels. 

Question.  Can I get a lap dance right at my seat or is there some type of VIP lounge in the stadium? 

How dare you. We Airbnb'd Sam Boyd to sjsu last year and it was a massive upgrade for you.

39 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Except for the location. I'll take an on-campus stadium any day of the week. College football should be played on campus....that's what gives it its energy. 

53 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Which is why I never understood the excuse Vegas fans make about how bad its facilities are/were. That facility worked well for a lot of different events. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Which is why I never understood the excuse Vegas fans make about how bad its facilities are/were. That facility worked well for a lot of different events. 

Location. Location. Location. If you just look at the facility itself, it's a middle of the pack D1 stadium. If the silver bowl was on-campus it could've been renovated into an awesome stadium. It's just in the middle of NOWHERE. Some really weird politics that someone older than me can explain why they pushed UNLV's stadium out to the swampy wetlands of Henderson. Pretty sure a location was pitched where Summerlin ended up being developed---what a major f*ck up. The land would be worth a boat-load and attendance would've been great, Las Vegas's suburb community could've literally been built around UNLV Football. Not to mention it's like 7~ degrees cooler year-around since elevation is around 4,000 feet compared to 1,500 ft on the east side of the valley. 

Our gripe was primarily with football's training facilities. They had no locker room/club area for the team to hang-out, just the shoddy training facilities at the Lied Athletic Complex which was shared facility. It made UNR's facilities look like bama' in comparison.

image.png.2ad6de7989cf43f0c84f8babb88b4948.png

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

27 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

So let me guess.

They're going to park cars in the baseball stadium, on the softball field and all around the football practice field? :football:

Parking won't be a problem this season since the field will only seat 9,000.  The adjacent arena seats 10,000 and on-campus parking has been sufficient for sold-out events there.  As shown below, there are five-story parking garages right next to the field and arena that can handle plenty of cars (students who reside off campus park there during the week) and the university is going to make sure no additional events are scheduled on football Saturdays.

Things will be tougher in 2022 and 2023 when capacity is expected to be 15,000.  There will definitely be parking spillover to the upper campus and surrounding neighborhood, and traffic snarls on game days.

lowercampus_waikiki.jpg

34 minutes ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

@Nevada Convert for parking do you park in the parking garage near Mackay or on the on-campus surface/dirt lots.  I never got to a game early enough to observe tailgating.  I guess where do people tailgate?  

Mostly in the garage. The tailgating areas have changed locations over the last 10 years. I haven’t checked for this year. 

kat.jpg

But can Hawaii fill up the stands?

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

4 hours ago, Cougar King said:

But can Hawaii fill up the stands?

Much of the seating (especially the sidelines) are already taken and assigned. Likely all the stands will be filled to capacity but that is dependent on state restrictions where it’s already been told it will likely be on a per-game basis rotation of who is allowed to attend if restrictions are placed

The AD expects everything  pretty much gone midway down the mid-large boosters list. Hawaii’s had around 10-15k+ season ticket holders historically on average not including walk ups, etc. The capacity for next season is only 9k due to the time crunch because of Aloha Stadiums late notice to the school of no fans meant permits and approvals weren’t done in time to get up to 15k capacity until the following season. The school expects to be able to get up to 20k in its temporary stadium until the new one is done