Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

818SUDSFan

Trevor Bauer

D-backs drafted him relatively high, got high marks, then jettisoned him fairly quickly. Seemed ultra odd at the time due to his coveted arm, but all the reason ever turned up was he was weird/unlikable and too anti-authority with the training staff. This +++++in guy....had a hard time reading the details.

Bauer is still scheduled to start for the Dodgers on Sunday night.  I guess the Dodgers are taking the position "Innocent until proven guilty" plus they are trying to pass the SF Giants in the standings.   This guy sounds like a "bad hombre."
b

DA investigator to woman from Diego: So let me get this straight. Getting "choked out" was the most amazing sexual experience you had ever had and you loved the violence so much you told Bauer you wanted more. So you then drive up to Bauer's house in Pasadena a second time and he again chokes you to unconsciousness?

Diego woman: Yes, that's correct.

Investigator: So didn't he do what you asked him to do?

Diego woman: No! I never consented to him choking me out with my hair because the first time he used his hands and I never consented to anal sex because the first time he used the missionary position. That's a big difference! And I never consented to him scratching my face!

Investigator: But after the first time, didn't you text Bauer encouraging him to "bring on the pain"?

Because it would be impossible to find 12 jurors who would convict Bauer under those circumstances, you have to think his lawyer is on the phone right now asking Kobe's former attorney how large a check had to be written to the young woman in Colorado to get her to go away.

And btw, when all that went down with Kobe, my son was playing on a Little League team with a kid whose father had been a Lakers beat writer for several years. The father told me NBA player agents always told their clients to learn a lesson from Shaun Kemp: When in doubt about the woman, use the back door.

I don’t think he will ultimately be convicted of anything, but reading the articles about this…. Effing yikes. As a Dodger fan I was already struggling to cheer for this guy, but now it just became impossible. 

I argued with someone on here earlier this year that this guy is bizarre. Based on what I’ve read he put himself into a bad situation and probably doesn’t deserve this. But you ask for attention you’re going to find it. 

11 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I argued with someone on here earlier this year that this guy is bizarre. Based on what I’ve read he put himself into a bad situation and probably doesn’t deserve this. But you ask for attention you’re going to find it. 

Bauer couldn't get along with teammates at Hart HS in Santa Clarita and didn't play on the baseball team his senior year because of it. Then when he went on to UCLA, rumors were he couldn't get along with teammate Garret Cole among others. Prolly meets the definition of sociopath.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3187755/trevor-bauer-la-dodgers-assault-pictures-mlb/

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

$102 million over three years for a guy with rollercoaster success and a sketchy clubhouse reputation. Glad I'm a Giants fan.

Eh, the Dodger franchise prints money. His contract isn’t that big of a deal for them, literally and figuratively.

24 minutes ago, Cincy said:

And why do we assume she is telling the truth?

So after sex with Bauer maybe she slipped on a banana peel and ended up with two black eyes and a head injury? 

36 minutes ago, Cincy said:

And why do we assume she is telling the truth?

Because we read the background of the case, considered his track record & most of us are not misogynist a-holes.

4 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So after sex with Bauer maybe she slipped on a banana peel and ended up with two black eyes and a head injury? 

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Because we read the background of the case, considered his track record & most of us are not misogynist a-holes.

3 hours ago, Jersey Rebels said:

I mean, the guy launched a baseball over the fence because he was having a bad day, so even that "small" act shows pretty broad issues alone. 

Man, I hope you guys never serve on a jury.  

Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?  If he's proven guilty, he deserves due punishment.

Reporter:  "So what made you give your guilty verdict?"

Jersey Rebels:  "He once threw a baseball over the center field fence when he got pulled.  I mean, what else do you need to know."