Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Boise State, Michigan State…

1 hour ago, grandjean87 said:

$3m talks. 

Puts a lot of pressure on Avalos. If this year is 9 wins or worse, season ticket cancellations next year will be historic. And then how many 25k attendance games does it take to lose that $3M.

How many recruits are bummed by the boring schedule? I know the marquee games were a big selling point. Seems like a risky play for $3M cash. Why not run in the red for a little like most programs?

2 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

It’s like we play Oregon State every 5 years, tired of it.  

I’d like to see Boise schedule the lower B1G teams Illinois, Indiana, Purdue or even Nebraska since it’s been quite some time since they’ve been relevant.  Or, at the very least get different PAC teams, so sick of Oregon, Oregon State and UW

Are those the only PAC teams willing to schedule Boise?

I understand the monetary motivation, but I really think you cannot waste opportunities of P5 games in your home stadium, especially, unusual match ups like MSU. I feel this is a wasted opportunity. 

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

8 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

We recently had a home and home with Wazzu, that was a great series. 

Really wish we could schedule USC and Utah too.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Puts a lot of pressure on Avalos. If this year is 9 wins or worse, season ticket cancellations next year will be historic. And then how many 25k attendance games does it take to lose that $3M.

How many recruits are bummed by the boring schedule? I know the marquee games were a big selling point. Seems like a risky play for $3M cash. Why not run in the red for a little like most programs?

I’m not sure how far away we (BSU) are away right now from losing another sports program?  Maybe that played in to the decision? It’s disappointing w/o a doubt. That game would have been a great experience for fans. It’s hard to price tag that. 

2 hours ago, Pelado said:

Are those the only PAC teams willing to schedule Boise?

... and Wazzu, but pretty much. Maybe Utah is back in play when the Pac 12 goes back to an 8 game conference slate

7 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

... and Wazzu, but pretty much. Maybe Utah is back in play when the Pac 12 goes back to an 8 game conference slate

I wouldn’t hold your breath on Utah. No sniff of a series since we screwed you over after 2006

Our new AD is trying to load up on P5 OOC games. We’ve been kinda soft on OOC the last 8 years.

17 minutes ago, utenation said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath on Utah. No sniff of a series since we screwed you over after 2006

Our new AD is trying to load up on P5 OOC games. We’ve been kinda soft on OOC the last 8 years.

Yeah, the Utah athletic department is a bunch of pussies terrified of another epic beat down by Boise, no disagreement there.  Those were two brutally ugly games where Utah did not deserve to be on the same field.  Hard to blame them for canceling the series after those games.  Any smart AD would have.  :hookah:

6 minutes ago, utenation said:

I said maybe. I think scheduling philosophies might be changing now that you only need to be in the top 12 and not the top 4. The last full season (2019), every two loss P5 would have been in the top 12. When the committee was only picking four the OOC mattered much more. We'll see how it plays out

6 hours ago, CV147 said:

Terrible. Both Washington games are @ Washington.

Who would create a deal like that is their right mind???

Are y'all having major budgetary problems?

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

Blue field…all that needs to be said. No P5 outside of the NW will play on a stupid field 

Oklahoma State, Sept 18th.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

6 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

We recently had a home and home with Wazzu, that was a great series. 

The games were good but Washington State is a lower level Pac-12 school that doesn't move the needle more than Oregon State does. At least bring in something new and interesting.

15 hours ago, Swedish said:

It could be worse. UNM hasn’t had a P5 team visit in ten years. Doesn’t look like we will have one visit for at least another ten. 

Is that so bad? I remember being embarrassed at the attendance when TA&M came way back when. I’d rather see how we stack up against a UTSA, or UTEP, then start on some big money schools. 
I don’t like the money games, but I will go see them. Notre Dame a couple years ago, UNM hasn’t put a package together for A&M this year, but hopefully tickets come available soon. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!