Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Bill Cosby’s sex assault conviction overturned by court

Pennsylvania’s highest court overturned Bill Cosby’s sex assault conviction Wednesday after finding an agreement with a previous prosecutor prevented him from being charged in the case.

Cosby has served more than two years of a three- to 10-year sentence at a state prison near Philadelphia. He had vowed to serve all 10 years rather than acknowledge any remorse over the 2004 encounter with accuser Andrea Constand.

The 83-year-old Cosby, who was once beloved as “America’s Dad,” was convicted of drugging and molesting the Temple University employee at his suburban estate.

He was charged in late 2015, when a prosecutor armed with newly unsealed evidence — Cosby’s damaging deposition from her lawsuit — arrested him days before the 12-year statute of limitations expired.

The trial judge had allowed just one other accuser to testify at Cosby’s first trial, when the jury deadlocked. However, he then allowed five other accusers to testify at the retrial about their experiences with Cosby in the 1980s.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court said that testimony tainted the trial, even though a lower appeals court had found it appropriate to show a signature pattern of drugging and molesting women.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby-sex-assault-conviction-163915409.html

This is what happens when you have 57~ women jump on the money train and you cant distinguish between false victims/extortion attempts and real victims. Gloira Allred did the same shit with Michael Jackson. (Cali 1108 evidence)

I love this line from the article "he would rather serve all 10 years rather than acknowledge any remorse over 2004 encounter with Andrea Constand.." LOL-- That's a very MSM-way to say he refused to accept a plea deal to misdemeanor because he was committed to his supposed innocence.  Media F*CKS everything up again. 

The first DA investigated the original accuser, found it incredulous. The the guy that runs against that DA runs on the platform of "we're gonna get Cosby" loses but becomes the judge in Cosby's trial?! Then the next DA (friend of the judge) is using Cosby in f*cking campaign adds (hello tainted jury pool) Since the first DA told Cosby the case was incredulous, his damning disposition was illegally entered into evidence and he as wasn't given 5th Amendment privileges against self-incrimination during his civil disposition. There's just too much blame to pass around. 

@Joe from WY what you think bud? You been following this shit at all? 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

50 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I think the Coz getting out of jail was justice served. Dude got +++++ing railroaded and people either didn't pay attention or glossed over that fact as they were gleeful about the idea of a successful black man dying in prison. It made my day to see him get out today.

That whole case was a travesty. Dude got sacrificed to the #metoo wolves, but it's good to see him back on the scene as a free man.

But...but he did quaaludes with sluts in the 80s!!!! *Rape!*  I think they got it right too. Any chance of them discerning the truth was ruined by greed and politics as per usual. 

*i was a whore and reversed my consent 20 years later when I smelled a payday*

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

13 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I think the Coz getting out of jail was justice served. Dude got +++++ing railroaded and people either didn't pay attention or glossed over that fact as they were gleeful about the idea of a successful black man dying in prison. It made my day to see him get out today.

That whole case was a travesty. Dude got sacrificed to the #metoo wolves, but it's good to see him back on the scene as a free man.

He didn't get railroaded. There was plenty of evidence. He just had had a previous deal with a previous prosecutor.

If you think a convicted serial rapist is a "metoo sacrifice" then I have to think we probably need more metoo sacrifices. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

He didn't get railroaded. There was plenty of evidence. He just had had a previous deal with a previous prosecutor.

If you think a convicted serial rapist is a "metoo sacrifice" then I have to think we probably need more metoo sacrifices. 

Maybe Joe is aware of something I haven't heard but based on what I know, the guy seems like a major POS.

As to what the other guy said, sluts? I hope that was just a bad joke.

13 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

:blink: Oh Lord. Why would this have anything to do with it? The list of women who accused him was long with plenty of evidence and included successful women who would have no reason to make the claims to for a payday and, in fact, risked their reputation by doing so. If anything was glossed over, it was Cosby's behavior because he was successful. Being a black man is neither here nor there. 

53 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Maybe Joe is aware of something I haven't heard but based on what I know, the guy seems like a major POS.

As to what the other guy said, sluts? I hope that was just a bad joke.

No. He meant it.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Didn't he basically admit drugging women in his civil suit deposition? 

Regardless of whether he did it or not though, he did get railroaded by prosecutorial misconduct. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

I confess, I didn't follow this case closely. Just read a few articles while he was going through the process a few years ago. What evidence? I thought one of the problems through the years was that nobody came forward when there was evidence to be gained. Were there any rape kits admitted into evidence? If I'm wrong in my recollection, please let me know. But I seem to recall they all boiled down to a he said / she said situation. 

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I confess, I didn't follow this case closely. Just read a few articles while he was going through the process a few years ago. What evidence? I thought one of the problems through the years was that nobody came forward when there was evidence to be gained. Were there any rape kits admitted into evidence? If I'm wrong in my recollection, please let me know. But I seem to recall they all boiled down to a he said / she said situation. 

There may have been prosecutorial misconduct so the verdict was properly thrown out. However, 60 women accused Cosby of sexual assault and just how many of the 60 were lying?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/60-women-accused-bill-cosby-his-conviction-had-been-considered-n1272864

8 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

There may have been prosecutorial misconduct so the verdict was properly thrown out. However, 60 women accused Cosby of sexual assault and just how many of the 60 were lying?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/60-women-accused-bill-cosby-his-conviction-had-been-considered-n1272864

How many "accusers" (without evidence) are necessary to convict an individual? How many submitted immediately to a rape exam and toxicology testing to support their claim?

110926run_defense710.jpg