Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Utah Tech University

That’s going to take time to get used to.  Utah Tech?  It doesn’t exactly flow out of your mouth. Dixie State was a better name but I’m assuming it got cancelled. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

6 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

That’s going to take time to get used to.  Utah Tech?  It doesn’t exactly flow out of your mouth. Dixie State was a better name but I’m assuming it got cancelled. 

I'm sure we'll all still call it Dixie anyway, just out of habit.

The rebranding will just accelerate the school’s growth.  DSU had only 8,500 students in 2015, now has over 12,000 and is projected to have over 16,000 by 2025.  New state-of-the art buildings are sprouting up on campus.  Academic programs are being upgraded.  Meanwhile St. George is booming, with so many people flocking in from California and other surrounding states that home builders can’t keep up:

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/4/16/22356597/st-george-dealing-with-housing-shortage-as-residents-move-covid19-pandemic-growth

Don’t be surprised if five years from now when we talk about potential new additions to the MWC, Utah Tech is in the conversation.  Not at the top of the list mind you, but on the list.

On 6/29/2021 at 3:58 PM, UNLV2001 said:

I wonder if anyone submitted Utah A&M as a suggestion. I think that sounds great. Better than Utah Tech (kinda comes off as WyoTech-ish). If they are a tech school, that mean they have mechanical curricula/instruction. Maybe no ag curricula/instruction?

Won't "Trailblazers" be spun as native killing pioneers?

If they go with the Bison, pls don't call it a Buffalo.

7 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

The rebranding will just accelerate the school’s growth.  DSU had only 8,500 students in 2015, now has over 12,000 and is projected to have over 16,000 by 2025.  New state-of-the art buildings are sprouting up on campus.  Academic programs are being upgraded.  Meanwhile St. George is booming, with so many people flocking in from California and other surrounding states that home builders can’t keep up:

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/4/16/22356597/st-george-dealing-with-housing-shortage-as-residents-move-covid19-pandemic-growth

Don’t be surprised if five years from now when we talk about potential new additions to the MWC, Utah Tech is in the conversation.  Not at the top of the list mind you, but on the list.

until the water runs out in Southern Utah ;)

4 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

I wonder if anyone submitted Utah A&M as a suggestion. I think that sounds great. Better than Utah Tech (kinda comes off as WyoTech-ish). If they are a tech school, that mean they have mechanical curricula/instruction. Maybe no ag curricula/instruction?

Agriculture and Mechanical? Does Dixie have Ag?

I see what you're saying with Utah Tech, Mongoose.  You want to cut the WAC off.  

You're ruthless

11 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

St George is definitely becoming a more popular retirement area and could possibly become a college town like San Luis Obispo.  It’s proximity to LV and Zion NP etc...means you can still get plenty of great entertainment and outdoor activities while living in a quaint and conservative small town. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

6 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

I see what you're saying with Utah Tech, Mongoose.  You want to cut the WAC off.  

You're ruthless

Utah Tech "Sister Wives" for the women's teams...."Pedos" for the men's squads.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Do they learn how to paint cars at that school

I'm signed up for Chop Shop 101 on-line this Fall.

14 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

You're ruthless

LOL.  You know what a die-hard WAC fan I am.  Been lobbying for years for them to get out of the midwest and focus on Texas.  Amazed to see they’ve actually pulled it off, and will be restarting football this fall with the defending FCS national champion as a member.

Southern Utah was smart to jump on board.  If Northern Arizona had half a brain they would do the same.