Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

All-time record eh

:thumbsup:

Did I mention housing prices are ridiculous?

image.png.f5a69af1a0339fe08ec440e8a7cde626.png

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

It's actually pretty normal in the valley, but those levels are rough in the nw. Not gonna help make the nw forests less of a tinder box.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

We haven't left our house in two days. Being outside for more than a few minutes is exhausting. Very few people have AC up here, so there are a lot of people having a really rough time. We are lucky we have AC. One more day of 100+ to go.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

3 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

That L.A. temp is  very misleading. It's actually 81 downtown right now and 89 in my part of the San Fernando Valenzuela with 51% humidity which is high for us. Not complaining because I could be in the Pacific Northwest with no AC but even Homer Simpson knows this planet is getting less habitable by the decade.

Btw, at Chevron Corp's recent annual meeting, it was announced that 53% of its shareholders want more info about what the company is doing to try to mitigate the damage it's been doing to Mother Earth.

Just now, Bob said:

Dude. You are a prisoner of the moment. There is a yin to every yang.

So because it's really +++++ing hot right now that is evidence of a crisis? It's never allowed to get hot anymore? lmao

Wrong. Strike that. VERY wrong.

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem and people like you who continue to deny the obvious continue to be part of the problem

43 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I saw them at the SDSU Open Air Theatre in the late ‘70s. 

I saw them in a hotel ballroom in central FLA in the '80s. Wow that must have been a shitty decade for them.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I saw them in a hotel ballroom in central FLA in the '80s. Wow that must have been a shitty decade for them.

Yeah that's a bit of a come down! The Open Air Theatre (or whatever they call it now) has always been one of my favorite venues. Great acoustics. Saw Toots & the Maytals there back then as well.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

23 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

It's actually pretty normal in the valley, but those levels are rough in the nw. Not gonna help make the nw forests less of a tinder box.

Only slight piece of good news that will make this from being a complete disaster of epic proportions, the spring drought has kept vegetative growth very low.  The dry spring actually surprisingly helped, when we all thought it would not.  We thought a wet spring would prolong the fire seasons peak by a month but this heat wave would have made that null, and just dried up all that extra fuel.

It is going to be a bad one, but it could have been once in a century bad.