Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

China to put a human on Mars by 2033?

China won’t be a functioning country by 2033. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I like this guy. Is he new here?

I don’t know. Seems like a decent guy. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Do we need to put a human on Mars to control space?

Well, yes, in a sense.  The technological advances it would require to reach mars and the gain in scientific knowledge would but any country that is engaging in a mars race well ahead of the others.

3 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Do we need to put a human on Mars to control space?

NM. I almost quoted Halfmanbronco with my reply.  He nailed it

The technology you have to develop and design to get you to mars will have many uses and yes it will put you at an advantage.  The US space program has been a huge benefit for the US with so much new technology developed just for NASA.

On 6/25/2021 at 1:48 PM, toonkee said:

Whomever controls space, controls the earth.

The technology to send someone to Mars isn't necessarily the same one needed to control space.

I actually think US is putting points in the wrong tech tree skill, we should be spending the money on robotics/probes and such.   (Also health care, cure old age and we can travel anywhere) It's cheaper, you get more bang for your buck and more technological advancement.