Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecSU

Joint Chiefs Chairman Opinion on CRT

4 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Now Laura Ingraham wants to defund the military.

I'm getting dizzy from all these spinning positions. Defund the police is wrong but we should defund the military because Fox News doesn't like what Milley said? 

Blue line when convenient, green line when convenient.  Hopefully firefighters don't save a liberal cat out of a tree or that red line is +++++ed.

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

Artillery regiments are being reorganized also. More emphasis on rocket artillery, less on tubed artillery. All artillery regiments will only have one battalion of tubed artillery, with the exception of 14th Marines, they will have two tubed battalions. HIMARS are expensive, and the Corps isn’t going to spend the money for 3 HIMARS battalions for a reserve regiment.

I am certainly no expert but it seems a large part of strategic superiority will depend on which side can defend their own and attack their opponents IT infrastructure.   If that capability is indeed decisive you better make sure you can get the best regardless of their sex, preferences or education.  

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I am certainly no expert but it seems a large part of strategic superiority will depend on which side can defend their own and attack their opponents IT infrastructure.   If that capability is indeed decisive you better make sure you can get the best regardless of their sex, preferences or education.  

You will be surprised some of the top-level talent the military can pull in.  But, that is something that I have thought about in terms of IT and cyber.  We need those folks, especially those who like to tinker and are fluid with ever-changing systems.  Most of those folks won't have degrees, so they will be enlisted, which pays shit for a while.  Hopefully that is being solved, because that is critical, and I am recognizing that as someone who never thinks about cybersecurity in the military personally.  Just if it is SIPR or NIPR, and what comm codes to destroy when need be.

It’s difficult to know what future wars will look like as technology is changing so rapidly. I have a hard time imagining large scale ground assaults in the future unless it’s by robots. Drones and cyber warfare will probably assume a much larger role. Hopefully it’ll never get to the nuke level. 

China appears to be building their war capability. World domination appears to be their long range goal. We need to spend enough to stay ahead of them. 

As far as wokeness, anything that detracts from the military being able to train and function as a cohesive and deadly force is not good. Hopefully our politicians understand that and stay out of their way. 

@East Coast Aztec

Infantry battalions are also experimenting with restructuring and capabilities. I just found this article.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/06/marine-corps-experimenting-less-grunts-and-more-tech-future-infantry-battalions/174891/

10 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Blue line when convenient, green line when convenient.  Hopefully firefighters don't save a liberal cat out of a tree or that red line is +++++ed.

Everyone knows cats are the libertarian household pet. (Don't even say it @RSF)

10 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You will be surprised some of the top-level talent the military can pull in.  But, that is something that I have thought about in terms of IT and cyber.  We need those folks, especially those who like to tinker and are fluid with ever-changing systems.  Most of those folks won't have degrees, so they will be enlisted, which pays shit for a while.  Hopefully that is being solved, because that is critical, and I am recognizing that as someone who never thinks about cybersecurity in the military personally.  Just if it is SIPR or NIPR, and what comm codes to destroy when need be.

Yep.  And God forbid the military fails to pull in some super bright women because she doesn’t feel the military is for her.   The military already has a problem in losing smart women over the risk they might be deployed when they have kids.   

Just now, sactowndog said:

Yep.  And God forbid the military fails to pull in some super bright women because she doesn’t feel the military is for her.   The military already has a problem in losing smart women over the risk they might be deployed when they have kids.   

If *birthing persons* (y'know, since the military is super woke now) are concerned about deploying, there are civil service agencies that work with the military.  And the pay will be better as they will start higher up on the food chain.

13 minutes ago, sean327 said:

@East Coast Aztec

Infantry battalions are also experimenting with restructuring and capabilities. I just found this article.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/06/marine-corps-experimenting-less-grunts-and-more-tech-future-infantry-battalions/174891/

That should be some interesting analysis.  I know some of the older Devils are upset with this, but if this works, that could be quite the shift.  Glad they are already asking how small is too small.

22 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

That should be some interesting analysis.  I know some of the older Devils are upset with this, but if this works, that could be quite the shift.  Glad they are already asking how small is too small.

Like the article said it looks good on paper. Good to see they are phasing this in on an experimental basis. The military is a lot smarter than current government who are a bunch of reactionary idiots that can’t see beyond the end of their nose. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Like the article said it looks good on paper. Good to see they are phasing this in on an experimental basis. The military is a lot smarter than current government who are a bunch of reactionary idiots that can’t see beyond the end of their nose. 

The folks at Quantico aren't reactionists.  Those "woke" folks push modernization well enough to get us kncuckledraggers begrudgingly on board, because most times, it makes things better.

12 hours ago, sean327 said:

Gaetz is a piece of shit. He needs to get his own damn house in order before he goes after the CJCS. I refuse to take anything this predator of underaged girls has to say seriously. His silver spooned ass never worked a real job in his life. He’s never served in the military, and he has likely never spent any meaningful time around people who don’t look like him. The military has always led the way when it comes to diversity. Yeah, we still have some issues in the ranks, but the armed forces are light years ahead of the rest of society when it come to race relations. We’ve been doing the death by power point woke shit for decades. Phuck Gaetz. If there is any justice left in the World, he will be in prison soon for his love of underage girls.

that's lies and slander

he spends lots of time around people who look a lot younger than him

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

12 hours ago, sean327 said:

Artillery regiments are being reorganized also. More emphasis on rocket artillery, less on tubed artillery. All artillery regiments will only have one battalion of tubed artillery, with the exception of 14th Marines, they will have two tubed battalions. HIMARS are expensive, and the Corps isn’t going to spend the money for 3 HIMARS battalions for a reserve regiment.

13 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The reorganizing and retooling of the Marines right now will certainly be interesting.  They shut down my old CLR15 a short time ago, and of course as you know, Tank BNs are gone.  It will be a good test in readiness, and hopefully the training continues unimpeded.

Given what happened to Armenia, it seems like we should have organic drone support at the brigade/regiment level and probably ECM as well. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Everyone knows cats are the libertarian household pet. (Don't even say it @RSF)

And we wonder why no one wants to join our club. Cats are the worst.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Tucker Carlson who was never in the military goes after Milley.

Carlson also said “hard to believe that man wears a uniform, he’s that unimpressive.” I think Carlson watched the movie "Patton" and now thinks he is an expert on the military.

13 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Tucker Carlson who was never in the military goes after Milley.

Carlson also said “hard to believe that man wears a uniform, he’s that unimpressive.” I think Carlson watched the movie "Patton" and now thinks he is an expert on the military.

"Unimpressive"

*Looks at General's uniform*

-Ranger Tab

-Special Forces Tab

-Combat Infantrymen Badge

-Multiple Iraqi and Afghanistan ribbons and stars

-Humanitarian Service Medal

-Achievement and Commendation Medals

Would be interested to see what pushes someone past the "unimpressive" zone