Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

This is insanely stupid. How is this a thing?

14 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

That string theory guy and the Asian guy who used to go on art bell all the time.

Brian Greene and Michio Kaku. Had to look up the names, but I remembered who they were. Should I get a prize?

You got to listen to coast to coast with Art Bell. You already received the prize.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You got to listen to coast to coast with Art Bell. You already received the prize.

You can still go back and listen to some of those old episodes. I think a couple of the Kaku episodes are still out there if you look hard enough.

Great radio.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

54 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

SDSU had a professor that would teach mid-century American history using Star Trek (or Star Wars, one of them).  Most folks who took it did it as a goof, but say they really enjoyed the class and the content made a ton of sense.

Gene Roddenberry was a visionary