Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

All we have heard about is "Election Integrity" for the past year...

3 hours ago, Akkula said:

"States Rights" has been the a high sounding bullshit reason to keep slaves and oppress voters and minorities since the founding of the country.  Same shit, different century.  The only protection has come from the federal government to take on these demonic states trying to keep slaves and preserve white supremacy.  The feds have a vested interest in federal elections as per the constitution!

The filibuster is not about "minority rights," it is about white supremacist rights.  The only minority it is designed to protect are white supremacists.  It sure as hell doesn't protect any actual minorities.  

The filibuster wouldn't have been a speed bump if they would have had the votes to kill Obamacare.  Of course I would want the Democrats to filibuster the installation of Supreme Chancellor De Santis under emergency rules/power but the filibuster won't be a speed bump at that point either.  The only salvation is if parties are accountable to the voters but if they wrest power out of voters hands and elections become a sham all you people in the USA are in a lot more trouble than I am!

EVERYTHING I DISAGREE WITH IS RACIST AND ABOUT WHITE SUPREMACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The thing that is truly ridiculous is the whole "theater" of the wooing of Joe Manchin.  We had to go through all these machinations and "will he or won't he" drama and updates to the bill just to get the guy to vote to open debate on the bill.  WTF is that?  We weren't even debating on the language of a final bill to get an up or down vote to get filibustered it was just to secure a vote to move on to actually discuss an actual vote.  No wonder the senate cannot get anything done!  

I mean all of this bullshit with Joe Manchin's proposal and Stacey Abrams/Obama's agreement was just total political theater.  The new revised proposal had no chance of becoming law just like the first proposal.  

I think one of the biggest problems with the senate is that they have intentionally allowed senators to hide and never take tough votes so voters cannot hold them accountable.  Why is the majority not allowed to make everyone vote on a bill even if it is just for political messaging?  Who wouldn't be interested in seeing who votes in favor of marijuana decriminalization, for example?   

Posted Image

8 hours ago, mugtang said:

EVERYTHING I DISAGREE WITH IS RACIST AND ABOUT WHITE SUPREMACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR

You can continue to pretend structural racism doesn't exist but it is pretty hard to live in that little fantasy when black people are getting murdered daily and Jim Crow is still blocking very moderate voting rights laws that are approved of by huge majorities of the nation.  It is very easy for people who are not affected to just want to talk about something else that isn't so depressing, I get it.

"Democracy is good for Democrats and democracy is partisan." Is all that can be mustered, I assume.

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Akkula said:

You can continue to pretend structural racism doesn't exist but it is pretty hard to live in that little fantasy when black people are getting murdered daily and Jim Crow is still blocking very moderate voting rights laws that are approved of by huge majorities of the nation.  It is very easy for people who are not affected to just want to talk about something else that isn't so depressing, I get it.

"Democracy is good for Democrats and democracy is partisan." Is all that can be mustered, I assume.

I never said structural racism doesn’t exist.  But the filibuster has nothing to do with racism or Jim Crow.  You like to pretend it does because it makes supporting it more difficult for people as they don’t want to be called a racist.

And black people getting murdered daily?  Who’s murdering them?  Cops? White people? Other black people?  If you want to open that can of worms we can. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I never said structural racism doesn’t exist.  But the filibuster has nothing to do with racism or Jim Crow.  You like to pretend it does because it makes supporting it more difficult for people as they don’t want to be called a racist.

And black people getting murdered daily?  Who’s murdering them?  Cops? White people? Other black people?  If you want to open that can of worms we can. 

Exaggerating issues minorities and poor face is a racket.  And completely unnecessary.  The truth is sufficient enough to want to strive to find ways to correct it.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Exaggerating issues minorities and poor face is a racket.  And completely unnecessary.  The truth is sufficient enough to want to strive to find ways to correct it.

It was not me who linked the filibuster and Jim Crow....it was noted bomb thrower and race baiters like Barack Obama.  It was not I who used the filibuster to kill anti-lynching bills and to try to use it to kill civil rights in the 1960s...that was Stom Thurmond.  

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/aug/04/history-filibuster-jim-crow-relic/

It seems like everyone on this forum wants to do exactly what Mitch McConnell wants to do...sweep it under the rug and not talk about it while the states run rampant in trying to discriminate against minorities and the young.  We just had a bunch of people try to overthrow the government and all we can muster is a bit of a yawn?  

Nobody seems to be able to make a defense of the filibuster on its merits or on the voter suppression attempts happening in the states.  "Let's not talk about unpleasantness" has been one of the greatest accomplishments for white supremacists...apathetic whites who know this shit is wrong.

Posted Image

4 minutes ago, Akkula said:

It was not me who linked the filibuster and Jim Crow....it was noted bomb thrower and race baiters like Barack Obama.  It was not I who used the filibuster to kill anti-lynching bills and to try to use it to kill civil rights in the 1960s...that was Stom Thurmond.  

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/aug/04/history-filibuster-jim-crow-relic/

It seems like everyone on this forum wants to do exactly what Mitch McConnell wants to do...sweep it under the rug and not talk about it while the states run rampant in trying to discriminate against minorities and the young.  We just had a bunch of people try to overthrow the government and all we can muster is a bit of a yawn?  

Nobody seems to be able to make a defense of the filibuster on its merits or on the voter suppression attempts happening in the states.  "Let's not talk about unpleasantness" has been one of the greatest accomplishments for white supremacists...apathetic whites who know this shit is wrong.

There is a difference between discussing things that are wrong as an honest assessment, and exaggerating it.  When you say blacks are being murdered daily and it is Jim Crow that and racism that is the reason for the filibuster, you are exaggerating it.   It has more to do with keeping a system in place that benefits the ruling class, and keeps things status quo.  But that is more than race, that is keeping a system where politicians line their pockets with the wealthy's dollars and keep a poor caste for cheap labor and protect the interests of industries of the highest bidders.  There are more levels to the game than color of the skin.  There is a disparate impact on minority but this is a larger scheme happening.  Do you really want to go down the rabbit hole?  Go for that, not low hanging fruit.

21 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

All I can say is when a large number of people don’t believe in election integrity it’s a big problem for Democracy. 

Even when said large numbers of people only have their beliefs because of the bullshit they were spooned for months on end?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

There is a difference between discussing things that are wrong as an honest assessment, and exaggerating it.  When you say blacks are being murdered daily and it is Jim Crow that and racism that is the reason for the filibuster, you are exaggerating it.   It has more to do with keeping a system in place that benefits the ruling class, and keeps things status quo.  But that is more than race, that is keeping a system where politicians line their pockets with the wealthy's dollars and keep a poor caste for cheap labor and protect the interests of industries of the highest bidders.  There are more levels to the game than color of the skin.  There is a disparate impact on minority but this is a larger scheme happening.  Do you really want to go down the rabbit hole?  Go for that, not low hanging fruit.

Every day people are dying because of white supremacy...it isn't all as spectacular as George Floyd but that doesn't mean it isn't the case.  We can't solve every wrong but it is stupid that we gave veto power to the most racists states.  We have been appeasing them since the start of the Republic and they have always led us down the same path.  They came up with the first "Big Lie" that the civil war was about "States Rights" and not because they wanted to keep people as slaves.  We now have another "Big Lie" that Jim Crow 2.0 is about "States Rights" and not voter suppression.  The only thing standing between us and a slide to authoritarianism is just for the senate to act like the founders intended.   We now have a smaller and smaller radical portion of the country that have basically taken control from the large majority.

Posted Image

28 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Every day people are dying because of white supremacy...it isn't all as spectacular as George Floyd but that doesn't mean it isn't the case.  We can't solve every wrong but it is stupid that we gave veto power to the most racists states.  We have been appeasing them since the start of the Republic and they have always led us down the same path.  They came up with the first "Big Lie" that the civil war was about "States Rights" and not because they wanted to keep people as slaves.  We now have another "Big Lie" that Jim Crow 2.0 is about "States Rights" and not voter suppression.  The only thing standing between us and a slide to authoritarianism is just for the senate to act like the founders intended.   We now have a smaller and smaller radical portion of the country that have basically taken control from the large majority.

A couple things here.  People are dying because of much more than white supremacy, people are also dying from black supremacy, but more than that, people are dying because of class warfare and its longitudinal effects, of which the poor have higher proportions of being minority.  If we as a nation are to reconcile past, we shouldn't silo it to simply a racial issue, because even though the impact was felt by the minority groups, it was the rich manipulating legislation to keep their economic foot on the gas pedal.  Until we as a nation recognize that it is bigger than this color vs this color, the politicians and those who have bought them off are going to continue to throw the shiny red ball that is what we are seeing in media and in DC, while they continue to reap all the benefits of robbing the citizens blind/pushing all the debt on us.  You are feeding their war just as much as the flag desecrating bootlickers are.

54 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

A couple things here.  People are dying because of much more than white supremacy, people are also dying from black supremacy, but more than that, people are dying because of class warfare and its longitudinal effects, of which the poor have higher proportions of being minority.  If we as a nation are to reconcile past, we shouldn't silo it to simply a racial issue, because even though the impact was felt by the minority groups, it was the rich manipulating legislation to keep their economic foot on the gas pedal.  Until we as a nation recognize that it is bigger than this color vs this color, the politicians and those who have bought them off are going to continue to throw the shiny red ball that is what we are seeing in media and in DC, while they continue to reap all the benefits of robbing the citizens blind/pushing all the debt on us.  You are feeding their war just as much as the flag desecrating bootlickers are.

"Black supremacy":blink::shrug:

"We shouldn't silo it to simply a racial issue"

I agree that is more of a class issue but that is where Bernie sometimes gets in trouble because he talks about things solely as a class billionaire wealthy versus everyone else and he has been accused of ignoring the racial dimension.  My take is that racism and immigration are handy wedge issues to split up the working people.  The plutocrats divide and conquer these people because they rue the day that the working classes and middle class worldwide all start to pull in the same direction.

Posted Image

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

"Black supremacy":blink::shrug:

"We shouldn't silo it to simply a racial issue"

I agree that is more of a class issue but that is where Bernie sometimes gets in trouble because he talks about things solely as a class billionaire wealthy versus everyone else and he has been accused of ignoring the racial dimension.  My take is that racism and immigration are handy wedge issues to split up the working people.  The plutocrats divide and conquer these people because they rue the day that the working classes and middle class worldwide all start to pull in the same direction.

Yes, black people can, and do at times, believe they are superior and have attacked non-black people because of it.  As for the rest of your comment, I agree with what you are saying, so I question why you choose to do exactly what they are doing by dividing by characteristics they tell you to divide by instead of trying to address pulling up everyone who is willing to work to pull themselves out of these lower class confines they want people in.  So you are agreeing with me in principle, but executing based on the very wedge issues they want you to focus on.  By doing that, it then becomes party line, when it shouldn't.  This is citizen vs politicians and their owners.