Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Great news for MWC fans visiting Boise.

4 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Brah, it’s a high school. 

Albeit, a little heavy on the “perfect Christian” side. 

Bah humbug!

You think Hank has done enough?

New-Signature.jpg

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

They still have to ask Boise to install that field, right?

I would assume.  There is a high school in Alaska that installed a similar field and they asked Boise for permission.  What was that, 2012?  

It took a visit from Club Tijuana and Spain's Athletic Bilbao in 2015 to make the field green, but it looks like it went well.

https://www.idahopress.com/members/hispanic-basque-culture-collide-as-bilbao-takes---victory/article_4996ae60-2dca-11e5-ba51-b325bd0cd948.html

Screenshot_20210621-230934_Chrome.jpg.cde966692ebc51d178b98fd344d69738.jpg

image.png.3359ef2ac167f8159ffeeb82050cfd05.png

Just now, tailingpermit said:

Hank is still QB #1 until the coaches say otherwise.  

This is going to sound stupid, but part of me wants Hank to stay QB1 if it is a tossup or even a tiny Fields lead simply to increase our chances of landing Bear Bach in 2025 who will undoubtedly be a 5 star recruit.  As an 8th grader he was already bigger and stronger than Hank and better in the recent national QB camp than multiple QB's who were seniors and committed to P5 schools in terms of arm strength, release, mobility.  People are already projecting him as the future #1 QB recruit for the 2025 class and we are his first offer.

I know, dumb logic.  But still...the thought of landing him is cool.  

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would assume.  There is a high school in Alaska that installed a similar field and they asked Boise for permission.  What was that, 2012?  

Not sure, but being a high school (though this one is private) I would assume they would waive their rights.  

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

Not sure, but being a high school (though this one is private) I would assume they would waive their rights.  

I'm sure if they asked Boise for approval Boise gave it quick stamp.  We have always said yes to every team who has asked.  We will never let another FBS or FCS school have a blue field but I doubt we give a crap about Highschools.  I know there are several now in the country that have blue fields, the Alaska one being the first, and there was an article about how we granted them permission.

Jack has that it factor...

With some extra reps in real game action he should polish up nicely..

I trust Andy...

I know he’s not some non-sentient robot like Jason Garrett who’s incapable of making in game adjustments...

New-Signature.jpg

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This is going to sound stupid, but part of me wants Hank to stay QB1 if it is a tossup or even a tiny Fields lead simply to increase our chances of landing Bear Bach in 2025 who will undoubtedly be a 5 star recruit.  As an 8th grader he was already bigger and stronger than Hank and better in the recent national QB camp than multiple QB's who were seniors and committed to P5 schools in terms of arm strength, release, mobility.  People are already projecting him as the future #1 QB recruit for the 2025 class and we are his first offer.

I know, dumb logic.  But still...the thought of landing him is cool.  

I just think Hank got the short end of the stick during the 2019 season.  Harsin was his typical self by not releasing what his injuries were and then tossed him into the fire for the bowl game which was incredibly stupid when we had a hot 3rd stringer that had gotten us there (I’m forgetting his name). 

I’m biased, that Florida State comeback will forever do that.

6 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Jack has that it factor...

With some extra reps in real game action he should polish up nicely..

I trust Andy...

I know he’s not some non sentient robot like Jason Garrett who’s incapable of making in game adjustments...

I know, I know, but the Florida State game and just seeing him sacrifice his body (stupidly) for the team makes me biased.  

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

If only all Californians felt this way.

Not all Californians feel that "Stepford City" is a delight. Besides, somebody with a real education needs to manage those Spud Farmers.

Viva! 

5 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I know, I know, but the Florida State game and just seeing him sacrifice his body (stupidly) for the team makes me biased.  

I love him to death for that. Guy’s a BSU legend for that.

..but I need better football acumen with better than serviceable QB traits..

@AndyAvalos, for the love of God, please permit a ton of packages with both QB’s, or let Jack win at UCF..

Our degrees will instantly burn to ash if we lose that game...  I’d be a bit peeved.

New-Signature.jpg

You know how you have that friend with a butt ugly girlfriend that he thinks is beautiful because everybody’s looking  at her and talking, but he seems happy so you go with it?
Well… 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

5 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

I love him to death for that. Guy’s a BSU legend for that.

..but I need better football acumen with better than serviceable QB traits..

@AndyAvalos, for the love of God, please permit a ton of packages with both QB’s, or let Jack win at UCF..

Our degrees will instantly burn to ash if we lose that game...  I’d be a bit peeved.

You HAVE to stop with the “@‘s.”

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm sure if they asked Boise for approval Boise gave it quick stamp.  We have always said yes to every team who has asked.  We will never let another FBS or FCS school have a blue field but I doubt we give a crap about Highschools.  I know there are several now in the country that have blue fields, the Alaska one being the first, and there was an article about how we granted them permission.

Yup.  Trademark covers all non-green fields (although some say other colors besides blue maybe unenforceable).

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160913/09221335507/boise-state-somehow-got-trademark-non-green-football-athletic-fields.shtml

52 minutes ago, Fowl said:

SDSU loves the blue. We own the crap out of Boise and every other team on the field. 

I believe you’re 2-2 on the blue against the Broncos. The last time we were in San Diego we kicked the Aztecs butt up and down the field. By the way when are the Aztecs going to put a real QB on the field.