Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B_Lootz

Pick 10, anyone?

I'm in IF the rules are better defined. Last year I chose teams based on thinking the number of victories was going to decide things and didn't learn until later it was going to be winning percentage. Also, I think there needs to be a rule covering every division that if you don't make your pick within a certain amount of time, say 24 hours, you've waived your right to make a pick until your name comes around again when you can make two picks and if you don't make any picks within that 24 hour window, you've waived your right to do so until your name comes around again and then you're entitled to make three picks and so on.

Problems with last year's Pick 10 and the Milk Dud which has been this year's troll derby suggest to me that all this special stuff may have run its course.

18 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I'm in IF the rules are better defined. Last year I chose teams based on thinking the number of victories was going to decide things and didn't learn until later it was going to be winning percentage. Also, I think there needs to be a rule covering every division that if you don't make your pick within a certain amount of time, say 24 hours, you've waived your right to make a pick until your name comes around again when you can make two picks and if you don't make any picks within that 24 hour window, you've waived your right to do so until your name comes around again and then you're entitled to make three picks and so on.

Problems with last year's Pick 10 and the Milk Dud which has been this year's troll derby suggest to me that all this special stuff may have run its course.

To answer your first point, I believe they went by winning percentage last year only because of Covid cancellations and while some teams/conferences played nearly full 12-game schedules, there were some like the P12 schools that only played a handful of games. That was the only fair way of doing it.

I fully agree with your second point. I hope to do it this year, but if we don’t c’est la vie. 

It’s been winning percentage since day 1, last year just messed it up with uneven schedules. 

Each team/group whatever usually makes their own rules, but the standard has always been that you get 24 hours, then the next player is on the board but you get to jump in with the late pick at any point without affecting anybody’s clock.  I always thought that was fair. 

If we started today I think we’d have to be on an 8-10 hour clock. I think we’re too late. 

IN

and I'll actually enforce time limits

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I’m in, but it’ll have to start right quick with 12 hour time limits to assure getting done before zero week. I’m willing to run a team again, but way too busy to oversee the game. 

@jdgaucho has volunteered to run a team.  @Jeffkills you might want to put him in charge of running this thing.  I think he'd do well if you hook him up with @Boise fan who, if I remember correctly, does the great job on the graphics and the regular updates.

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

@jdgaucho has volunteered to run a team.  @Jeffkills you might want to put him in charge of running this thing.  I think he'd do well if you hook him up with @Boise fan who, if I remember correctly, does the great job on the graphics and the regular updates.

I endorse all of this.

Gooo Team!

INN, but not like gin, and never scotch - the degenerate mutants’ perverted, so called, “drink.”

@VandalPride97, you sick bastard!  Look at yourself!

Coke & Tennessee Honey, or give me death..

New-Signature.jpg

49 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

So…this is happening or nah?

yeah.

With 10 posters we can do pick 13

with 13 posters, we can do pick 10

with 26, we can do pick 5

with 5 we can do pick 26

What are we gonna do mwcboard? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

WE have 8. 2 more and we can get the first pick 13 going. 

In

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Im in

12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I'm in.  But I prefer @HawaiiMongoose running a team instead of me.