Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Navy, AF, & Army to the MW

Video  

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

You heard it here Fuurst!

I was sitting front row when one of those guys (Army I believe) slammed hard into Mackay Stadium a few years ago. Dropped like a bad habit from 50 feet. They have some serious stones landing in stadiums with all of the crazy wind effects and what not. I’m not sure how much money it would take to convince me to jump out of an airplane but it’s a lot…..

3 hours ago, NevadaAllStar said:

I was sitting front row when one of those guys (Army I believe) slammed hard into Mackay Stadium a few years ago. Dropped like a bad habit from 50 feet. They have some serious stones landing in stadiums with all of the crazy wind effects and what not. I’m not sure how much money it would take to convince me to jump out of an airplane but it’s a lot…..

They paid me $110 a month a few years back. 😁

5 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

They probably don't want to hear any of this, but...

It makes a lot of sense, and I bought into it immediately after I heard it the first time.

Boise didn't fare well vs. the triple option when Andy was LB coach or his first year as DC.  I don't think the 4-2-5 system is a very good matchup for it. I would hate having to play 3 triple option teams in a season.

I also think Air Force should switch to Run-n-Shoot or Air Raid.  It's embarrassing that our air service military branch is afraid to put the ball in the air. Can we petition Joe Biden to fix this?  Or Lloyd Austin (Sec. Def.) or John Roth (AF Sec.)?  Since service academies have challenges with large bodies, maybe the NCAA could make an exception and allow them to run the A-11 offense or something?

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise didn't fare well vs. the triple option when Andy was LB coach or his first year as DC.  I don't think the 4-2-5 system is a very good matchup for it. I would hate having to play 3 triple option teams in a season.

I also think Air Force should switch to Run-n-Shoot or Air Raid.  It's embarrassing that our air service military branch is afraid to put the ball in the air. Can we petition Joe Biden to fix this?  Or Lloyd Austin (Sec. Def.) or John Roth (AF Sec.)?  Since service academies have challenges with large bodies, maybe the NCAA could make an exception and allow them to run the A-11 offense or something?

Big bodies not a problem now.  AFA just like to play dirty.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Big bodies not a problem now.  AFA just like to play dirty.

Those military cut-blocks...

I wonder how many knees have been sacrificed against AF thus far...

Remember that time we lost 3 times in a row to those guys???

New-Signature.jpg

55 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Those military cut-blocks...

I wonder how many knees have been sacrificed against AF thus far...

Remember that time we lost 3 times in a row to those guys???

A lot.  Dirty on defense too, that team.  They destroyed Holani's season with a spear to the knee.

It was bad enough when their 6-2 245 pound O-linemen were going for the knees.  Now they have 6-5 300 pounders doing it.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

A lot.  Dirty on defense too, that team.  They destroyed Holani's season with a spear to the knee.

It was bad enough when their 6-2 245 pound O-linemen were going for the knees.  Now they have 6-5 300 pounders doing it.

Boise doesn’t cut block?

15 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

You heard it here Fuurst!

We should sell our old upper deck Qualcomm tarps the Tennessee. They could use them

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

7 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

We should sell our old upper deck Qualcomm tarps the Tennessee. They could use them

Tennessee is the only D-1 venue I have visited where the fans are somewhat (they don't piss in coke bottles and throw at the opposing team) similar to FresTuckie fans in "Tooth" count.

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

On occasion, sure.  Not like AFA.  

Thumbs-up for truth, based on common knowledge so familiar, it’s empirical.

@Bob, how do you live with yourself?!

New-Signature.jpg

Football Only Works

Mountain Division

Air Force (Football Only)

Army (Football Only)

Boise State

Colorado State

Navy (Football Only)

Utah State

Wyoming

West Division

UNLV

SDSU

Fresno

UNR

Hawaii (Football Only)

New Mexico

SJSU

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

Football Only Works

Mountain Division

Air Force (Football Only)

Army (Football Only)

Boise State

Colorado State

Navy (Football Only)

Utah State

Wyoming

West Division

UNLV

SDSU

Fresno

UNR

Hawaii (Football Only)

New Mexico

SJSU

No! New Mexico doesn’t belong in the Low Lander division. We need to stay with our brother from another mother Wyoming. 

10 minutes ago, sean327 said:

No! New Mexico doesn’t belong in the Low Lander division. We need to stay with our brother from another mother Wyoming. 

It belongs because New Mexico is actually a nice place to visit, just like Hawaii, SF, LV, SD, etc... 

All the terrible places should be grouped together once and for all, and I'm not against a Division-Only conference schedule.