Joe from WY

The photography thread

17 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seriously tho... it had to leave because one of the family, Joe, made a sincere and earnest request for his careers sake to have his posting history wiped and he started the thread.  @happycamper could have either let the thread remain, or not try and help out one of our own.  The right call was made.

So lets thank @Maynard Delecto for starting it up again.  

Why would that be necessary, isn't everything on the internet confidential and anonymous?

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

16 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I love that my Sony RX100 MKVI fits in my pocket.  And I love the 1" sensor, and the fast autofocus.  Just wish it was a little longer.

bird in blue skies.JPG

I actually like crop sensor DSLRs because the zoom lenses aren't so big if I carry my camera on a hike. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

I actually like crop sensor DSLRs because the zoom lenses aren't so big if I carry my camera on a hike. 

Yah, the move to mirroless makes the camera lighter and smaller, but those large aperature telephotos are still pretty damn big and heavy.

I don't have a full frame, just an APS C.   

• Cheers 1

On 6/21/2021 at 2:03 AM, Joe from WY said:

I know there's a couple other photographers on here ( @CPslograd comes to mind). I just got back into doing it regularly and got a decent camera (Canon Rebel t7i) and have honestly gone hog wild the last couple weeks taking over 1200 photos while walking around town. Who else is into this? Let's see your shots.

here's a few of my latest ones.

JMXqxnIFSeCRyaIdXN0Ueg_thumb_561.jpg

XNZTKNakSWi8gRolWoWChQ_thumb_4a1.jpg

qEuFCAEMSZ+lew8+qSbLmQ_thumb_433.jpg

AVMOrO8BQoGA3KK5pZDOgw_thumb_216.jpg

009S8m6mRZ6IS06%BMSWpA_thumb_4c1.jpg

2nPhPM5SSq2VEr+9+INxTg_thumb_4f7.jpg

WicMTyB0RgCprOPwDhZfNw_thumb_579.jpg

Amazing. You have more talent than me.

• Like 1

The Masters 5k road race All American.

This one was at Pinnacles National Park, which is a cool and relatively unknown spot if you like caves.  I like this pic because I think my daughter looks like a hobbit trudging through Middle Earth.  That was new years 2020, it was cold as hell unless you were in the sun.

cebria at needles.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

This one was at Pinnacles National Park, which is a cool and relatively unknown spot if you like caves.  I like this pic because I think my daughter looks like a hobbit trudging through Middle Earth.  That was new years 2020, it was cold as hell unless you were in the sun.

cebria at needles.JPG

Never heard of pinnacles. I see it's a newer np. Looks like a fun landscape. Need to check it out. I like the less traveled parks better. The big name ones are just so crowded these days.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, toonkee said:

Never heard of pinnacles. I see it's a newer np. Looks like a fun landscape. Need to check it out. I like the less traveled parks better. The big name ones are just so crowded these days.

Pinnacles is cool, it’s a big spot for photography of condors, I saw a fair amount of expensive white telephoto lenses being used.

the caves are really cool.  It is seasonal because you can’t go in there during the bats 🦇 breeding season.  Plus, it’s hot in the summer there.  I would recommend late fall after some rain, or winter to early spring 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Pinnacles is cool, it’s a big spot for photography of condors, I saw a fair amount of expensive white telephoto lenses being used.

the caves are really cool.  It is seasonal because you can’t go in there during the bats 🦇 breeding season.  Plus, it’s hot in the summer there.  I would recommend late fall after some rain, or winter to early spring 

white telephoto lenses?