The photography thread

16 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

IMG_2462.jpeg

IMG_2503.jpeg

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2519.jpeg

IMG_2536.jpeg

IMG_2565.jpeg

good job with the reflection in the last pic.  I like that it's not perfect like a mirror, but kind of off instead.  That's a really good picture.  If you edit it and lighten it it might look cool because the trees would become more visible, but I'm not sure if that would ruin the cool, kind of hazy look in the reflection.  It's always tradeoffs, I'd have to see to know.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

No. I know where you're talking about though as they do sort of look similar....you're thinking of the Music Concourse or whatever they call that amphitheater in Golden Gate Park. The pic here is from the Palace of Fine Arts on the way into the Presidio late, late last night.

Yep you’re right. Just googled it, not quite as similar as I remember. Last time I was there Jerry Garcia had passed away, mid/late 90’s I wanna say. My aunt has a rent controlled apartment in the marina behind Safeway on Bay St, lived there since 1984. Just a little studio but can’t beat the location. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yep you’re right. Just googled it, not quite as similar as I remember. Last time I was there Jerry Garcia had passed away, mid/late 90’s I wanna say. My aunt has a rent controlled apartment in the marina behind Safeway on Bay St, lived there since 1984. Just a little studio but can’t beat the location. 

Must've been 1995...and the collonades of both those places look sort of similar, so that could explain the similarity in your memories...also, where your aunt lives...that's a cool part of town. It really is an outstanding location.

23 hours ago, CPslograd said:

good job with the reflection in the last pic.  I like that it's not perfect like a mirror, but kind of off instead.  That's a really good picture.  If you edit it and lighten it it might look cool because the trees would become more visible, but I'm not sure if that would ruin the cool, kind of hazy look in the reflection.  It's always tradeoffs, I'd have to see to know.

Thanks. I took the whole "reel" of photos these were from whilist extremely, god-level inebriated, so it's cool to see that some of them actually worked out. I took about 150ish pics that night...some of them wound up pretty good...others were definitely the product of said unholy inebriation. That said, I like your idea with the lighting on that last pic, and I may try to +++++ around with the lighting on it, but I may leave it as is too. Something to look into either way, I suppose.

• Like 1