Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveem

SDSU Recruiting 2022

Another point regarding The Missle, When it was reported that Boise had moved on from him and pulled his offer, some Boise fans were trying to make lemonade out of that lemon and saying they did not like his attitude anyways.  He is a cocky as hell.  But I LIKE that in skill position players.  Boise States greatest WR tandem ever was made with the same exact personality type.  Titus Young and Austin Petis had egos bigger than their considerable talent.  That confidence just seems to will uber talented players to be clutch and make shit happen.  

28 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

SDSU coaches have been got damn impressive on the recruiting trail.  The sensed blood in the water with the Missile (Hassan) and knew a full court press would get the commit of the 4 star stud they were not ever really in the running for just a few months prior to said press.  Boise is still ranked #1 but I like SDSU's class better, and I really like ours.  

Just impressive given the circumstances.  

Think we still have highest average recruit ranking, which is nice. I like our recruiting strategy under Hoke and there is MUCH more life and excitement about recruiting now. 

46 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Another point regarding The Missle, When it was reported that Boise had moved on from him and pulled his offer, some Boise fans were trying to make lemonade out of that lemon and saying they did not like his attitude anyways.  He is a cocky as hell.  But I LIKE that in skill position players.  Boise States greatest WR tandem ever was made with the same exact personality type.  Titus Young and Austin Petis had egos bigger than their considerable talent.  That confidence just seems to will uber talented players to be clutch and make shit happen.  

Hunkie Cooper is our WR coach and is GREAT at developing young men. There’s a reason we haven’t lost a WR transfer (that I can recall) despite our abysmal passing game and him making them wear jerseys like #96 and #45. It says a lot that our top two commits are WRs too. Families and players love playing for Cooper.

I do not pay much attention to all this so much hype. However its good to have a few guys who were respected enough to have a few solid offers. I thought Rocky was pretty mellow but then i played two years for Frank Kush.I remember Rocky whe he was on the freshman football team at New Mexico.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

8 minutes ago, badfish said:

Hunkie Cooper is our WR coach and is GREAT at developing young men. There’s a reason we haven’t lost a WR transfer (that I can recall) despite our abysmal passing game and him making them wear jerseys like #96 and #45. It says a lot that our top two commits are WRs too. Families and players love playing for Cooper.

A couple guys left JR Justice, Tim Wilson he ran off Low effort guys.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

21 minutes ago, steveem said:

A couple guys left JR Justice, Tim Wilson he ran off Low effort guys.

True but two in the past 6 years or so ain’t bad, especially since our leading WR gets like 20 catches a season

White might not be the highest rated or recruit commit we have, but he is a unique fit for our defense. I think he will be a stud MLB for us, especially in run situations.

17 hours ago, Fowl said:

IMO he’s not a LB - doesn’t have the speed, agility, or athleticism.  He’ll be bulked up to 245-255 to play DE.

He’s only 6’-6’1”. Maybe a combo guy, but he’s in the middle of the defense regardless 

On one hand, we have another QB commit with zero other offers. 

On the other hand, he’s a guy that prep reporters (Biggins and Sondheimer) love. He’s  got the respect locally and they’re both shocked he had no offers. I think he comes in and develops behind Haskell, so hope he’s patient and can be the guy in 3-4 years.

7 hours ago, badfish said:

On one hand, we have another QB commit with zero other offers. 

On the other hand, he’s a guy that prep reporters (Biggins and Sondheimer) love. He’s  got the respect locally and they’re both shocked he had no offers. I think he comes in and develops behind Haskell, so hope he’s patient and can be the guy in 3-4 years.

Maybe he’s our “Josh Allen” 🤞

I'll be honest, I wasn't super impressed with his tape.  Decent accuracy but doesn't have the strongest arm nor is he that fast.  Somewhat athletic yes, but in FBS he won't be a threat with his legs.  One of you guys can correct me, but I swore I thought Hecklinski said he wanted QB's who could also beat defenses with their legs.   

I get what you're saying shawfan but Josh Allen was much more of a gamble coming out of tiny Firebaugh HS which plays schools from little burgs like Kerman, Linden and Los Palos. Allen was a Cinderella version of Wyoming's Karsten Sween who threw for a buzzillion yards at Ridgecrest HS but did relatively nothing in college.

Crum has been playing against much higher level competition than that. How much I'm not sure but Norco was competitive with Chatsworth Sierra Canyon this year basically losing on the road 35-21 and Sierra Canyon won the CIF Southern Section Division 2 title two years ago.

I'd prefer a faster guy too but the top priority needs to be having a QB who can actually hit open receivers which are current number one and number two can't and another priority should be having a guy with more height than Christian Chapman's 5-11 and Crum is listed as being 6-3.

40 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I get what you're saying shawfan but Josh Allen was much more of a gamble coming out of tiny Firebaugh HS which plays schools from little burgs like Kerman, Linden and Los Palos. Allen was a Cinderella version of Wyoming's Karsten Sween who threw for a buzzillion yards at Ridgecrest HS but did relatively nothing in college.

Crum has been playing against much higher level competition than that. How much I'm not sure but Norco was competitive with Chatsworth Sierra Canyon this year basically losing on the road 35-21 and Sierra Canyon won the CIF Southern Section Division 2 title two years ago.

I'd prefer a faster guy too but the top priority needs to be having a QB who can actually hit open receivers which are current number one and number two can't and another priority should be having a guy with more height than Christian Chapman's 5-11 and Crum is listed as being 6-3.

I was just making the comparison in terms of being relatively unheralded coming out of school. Yes, Crum is facing top flight competition in SoCal. Hopefully his arm strength grows as he matures and begins a D1 weight training program, and yes, accuracy is a must, given what we observe weekly w our current crop.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

I'll be honest, I wasn't super impressed with his tape.  Decent accuracy but doesn't have the strongest arm nor is he that fast.  Somewhat athletic yes, but in FBS he won't be a threat with his legs.  One of you guys can correct me, but I swore I thought Hecklinski said he wanted QB's who could also beat defenses with their legs.   

Remember how Rocky signed guys like Chapman and Agnew?  They were QBs who played the pro set in HS?  So does this guy.  He better pan out.  I'm nervous that he's going to be an injury away from Haskell.