Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveem

SDSU Recruiting 2022

23 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Hard to get enthused by a VT QB.  It isn't much different than what we currently do, but familiarity in a part of the game that needs major improvement isn't making me feel optimistic.  I hope i can get proven wrong.

Yea I don’t really care either way. He’s a good runner, but a “meh” passer. Clearly wanted a bigger offer but ended up here. He provides experience, which we need, but Haskell has a much higher ceiling.

10 hours ago, dshawfan said:

https://twitter.com/the_missil3/status/1483618773022040066?s=21

@Fowlany insight as to what’s going on here, why did early signing not happen? Inquiring minds want to know. 

He tore his knee up during the season and I believe the staff wants him to greyshirt.  I think that's why he didn't sign in December and is supposed to sign in Feb.  He's been solid the entire time but in recruiting you never know.

3 minutes ago, Fowl said:

He tore his knee up during the season and I believe the staff wants him to greyshirt.  I think that's why he didn't sign in December and is supposed to sign in Feb.  He's been solid the entire time but in recruiting you never know.

Honestly, if you are this kid and you trust the staff its a good decision for him as well. Wont lose any eligibility while he gets his leg right. 

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

So can you not grey-shirt if you were to sign during the early signing period? 

IIRC, grey shirts enroll the spring of the following year. 2022 TE commit Jordan Morris is a grey shirt that will enroll in classes this summer, but sign and join the team next January. He has not taken his OV though. Mahasin has a signing day event, was never “official”, is taking his OV, but could very well be grey shirting still too. 

Mahasin and Morris’ situations are odd for sure. Hunter is a solid commit, just wanted to OV before signing from what I heard.

In total this weekend we have:

OL Rambo Mageo (signed)

OL Drew Azzopardi (signed)

RB Lucky Sutton (signed)

DB Josh Hunter (committed)

ATH Hassan Mahasin (committed)

Reading the forums and replies to Burmeister posts, seems like 1/2 our fans are mildly excited and the other 1/2 actually don’t even want him here. Haven’t seen this much public disappointment in a commit…ever.

3 hours ago, badfish said:

Reading the forums and replies to Burmeister posts, seems like 1/2 our fans are mildly excited and the other 1/2 actually don’t even want him here. Haven’t seen this much public disappointment in a commit…ever.

Well hopefully he is a positive addition to the QB room and team. May the competition for QB1 be fierce, and may the best man win. 

On 1/25/2022 at 12:34 PM, dshawfan said:

Really hoping his knee comes back 100%, and he develops into a real nightmare for our opponents to defend. 

HS injuries are rough sometimes.  Dontel James looked like a future NFL guy in HS before he tore his ACL and then he was never the same.

On 2/2/2022 at 4:15 PM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

HS injuries are rough sometimes.  Dontel James looked like a future NFL guy in HS before he tore his ACL and then he was never the same.

Yeah fingers crossed on him. We really need to get better on the perimeter and at QB imo. Hoping "The Missle" can take us back to the days of Az-Hakim etc etc. 

When i saw Braxton Burkmeistrs hilites,, I was impressed. Strong, tight spirals and quivkn

twitch run decisions. In this observers opionion, he will be far to the now departed

Luvas Johnson or Jordan Brookshire. Hurry springball so we can see the competition vs the goirfyoung QBs and senior  the Brax.

On 2/6/2022 at 5:18 AM, Aztecfan1 said:

When i saw Braxton Burkmeistrs hilites,, I was impressed. Strong, tight spirals and quivkn

twitch run decisions. In this observers opionion, he will be far to the now departed

Luvas Johnson or Jordan Brookshire. Hurry springball so we can see the competition vs the goirfyoung QBs and senior  the Brax.

You said the same thing about Maiden.......and Jake Rodriguez.......and Adam Dingwell......and the Katz dude.......and Dugolecki what's his name......and Lon Sheriff......and Jack Hawley.

Remember.....we will never beat Arizona State.......

Braxton Baumeister is a very talented guy , He has excellent speed good arm with power quickness and makes good reads I think you'll do very well.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

On 2/6/2022 at 4:08 AM, fanhood said:

You said the same thing about Maiden.......and Jake Rodriguez.......and Adam Dingwell......and the Katz dude.......and Dugolecki what's his name......and Lon Sheriff......and Jack Hawley.

Remember.....we will never beat Arizona State.......

Maybe you should stayin Germany. You still think Agnew was all world.