Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveem

SDSU Recruiting 2022

16 hours ago, badfish said:

Idk how we struggled so much with Dunkle and Thomas getting praise like that. Pass pro was average, but run blocking was definitely sub-par. Regardless, we’ve recruited really good OL prospects and I’d prefer they get a shot, even if it’s early, as they likely have a higher ceiling than a P5 washout from the portal. If they’re as good as advertised and not TRFR, then let’s get them in early. Would hate to see us waste Massueli/Simmons and have them leave just because we filled the gap for 1-2 years with a mediocre backup from Wazzu, Rutgers or something.

No question.  I think this transfer portal stuff will affect every team at every level.  For good or bad, it's good to really hurt the power schools like Alabama.  They'll lose their backups to others and if their starters suffer injuries who replaces them?  Redshirts and true frosh?

I suspect it's also going to lead to more cheating by luring players on the sly, to transfer.

2 hours ago, aztech said:

No question.  I think this transfer portal stuff will affect every team at every level.  For good or bad, it's good to really hurt the power schools like Alabama.  They'll lose their backups to others and if their starters suffer injuries who replaces them?  Redshirts and true frosh?

I suspect it's also going to lead to more cheating by luring players on the sly, to transfer.

NIL is already a major recruiting tool. Transfers will continue to be very fluid, and this is the beginning of guys transferring up, which I hope doesn’t hurt the G5s too much.

Great add. Filling one of our OL vacancies with a potential 4 year starter with 2 years grooming at a top 10 program. He should compete to start right away.

2 hours ago, dshawfan said:

No cryptic hints on what's going on in terms of a xfr QB? ;-)

Nothing yet.  All signs point to him coming here but he has been playing footsie with some other schools who have recently lost a starting QB.  I assume we'll find out in the next few days.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

Nothing yet.  All signs point to him coming here but he has been playing footsie with some other schools who have recently lost a starting QB.  I assume we'll find out in the next few days.

He needs to do what’s best for him, but a new stadium, a solid program, a very good shot at QB1, not to mention the city he’d be playing in, I’d think being an Aztec would seem like a favorable choice.

Just my .02 cents 😁

1 hour ago, dshawfan said:

He needs to do what’s best for him, but a new stadium, a solid program, a very good shot at QB1, not to mention the city he’d be playing in, I’d think being an Aztec would seem like a favorable choice.

Just my .02 cents 😁

I agree.  And after watching every one of his plays from scrimmage for the last seven games of the season, I think he'd be a perfect fit and take our offense to a new level.  His ability to run is second to none in FBS and his completion percentage was lower because his OL was horrendous in pass pro and he had to run for his life and throw balls away because he was pressured so quickly on lots of passing plays.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:42 AM, dshawfan said:

No cryptic hints on what's going on in terms of a xfr QB? ;-)

As others have stated, i think he’s getting cold feet. What seemed like a lock is now a major question. Hope we didn’t go all in on the guy and not do due diligence recruiting other QBs. At the end of the day, I’m fine with Haskell being the guy early (can’t get much worse than our QB play last year) 

5 hours ago, badfish said:

As others have stated, i think he’s getting cold feet. What seemed like a lock is now a major question. Hope we didn’t go all in on the guy and not do due diligence recruiting other QBs. At the end of the day, I’m fine with Haskell being the guy early (can’t get much worse than our QB play last year) 

Why is everyone afraid to say Braxton Burmeister?

Look, I don't know Braxton Burmeister from Toni Braxton but a quick perusal of his team, opponents and personal stats on Sports Reference .com leaves me underwhelmed.

Not sure what the big deal is. All year most of you guys were touting Haskell as the program savior.  Seems like he and Mayden will be able to fill the role. The grass isn't always greener and a QB looking for his third team in four years doesn't exactly shout "leader" to me,  more like 'me" and "quitter".  At this stage in the young man's career I suspect he's looking for a guarantee. 

Maybe he's the goods.  Maybe he's  worth the risk of having the future QB you recruited flirt with the portal.  I don't know.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I don’t care if he comes here. Didn’t really like the kid out of HS (very cocky) and clearly he’s in it for himself considering he flipped on signing day and is now on to his 3rd school after leaving as a starting QB. IMO, he’s holding sdsu as a backup plan until he gets something better. The staff went all in on him and now it’s screwing us. It’s Haskell time.

8 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

:cheer: I for one am stoked. :cheer:

BIGLY stoked!

Still not official yet and this one already smells like Sears, so stand by..