Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

e-zone99

AAC Board

9 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

The Big 12 has no reason to expand unless they get another Power 5 team. I know Florida State was someone they were interested in. I know the Arizona schools were teams from the PAC-12 they looked into. There isn't anyone besides BYU in the G5 they want or it would of happened already. They won't get anyone from Texas. Cincinnati, UCF, Boise State, and maybe Memphis and SDSU are worth something. But nah, wouldn't happen.

The only way any G5 is gonna become a P5 is when and if the PAC-12 or Big 12 raid the other one. Bit then there is another problem. Is Washington State, Oregon State, Utah, Iowa State, Kansas State, West Virginia, TCU really worth more than Cincinnati, Memphis, BYU, or SDSU? Probably not. They are in the right conference at the right time. Iowa State, Kansas State.....those teams better hope Texas and Oklahoma don't leave.

And that's the point....adding more of those "other teams" does nothing from any P5 conference right now. In other words....Boise State and UCF aren't special. We are just part of the best of the rest group.

If anyone were to get snatched, I almost guarantee it would come from the AAC though.  Cincy, Houston and maybe Memphis are all central or eastern timezone teams.  Cincy would be a good pair for WVU.  I would have them as the top.  Houston is harder since Big 12 doesn't need the Houston market, they already have penetration with the other TX schools.  No other conference has any reason to expand with G5's than Big 12, and I still don't see the point to do so.  Only Cincy for WVU, and maybe BYU to keep an even number.  

MWC isn't getting anyone poached.   We should all get cozy.

12 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

The Big 12 has no reason to expand unless they get another Power 5 team. I know Florida State was someone they were interested in. I know the Arizona schools were teams from the PAC-12 they looked into. There isn't anyone besides BYU in the G5 they want or it would of happened already. They won't get anyone from Texas. Cincinnati, UCF, Boise State, and maybe Memphis and SDSU are worth something. But nah, wouldn't happen.

The only way any G5 is gonna become a P5 is when and if the PAC-12 or Big 12 raid the other one. Bit then there is another problem. Is Washington State, Oregon State, Utah, Iowa State, Kansas State, West Virginia, TCU really worth more than Cincinnati, Memphis, BYU, or SDSU? Probably not. They are in the right conference at the right time. Iowa State, Kansas State.....those teams better hope Texas and Oklahoma don't leave.

And that's the point....adding more of those "other teams" does nothing from any P5 conference right now. In other words....Boise State and UCF aren't special. We are just part of the best of the rest group.

There’s a lot missing here so I’m not trying to take it too seriously but I just wanted to clarify that both Memphis and SDSU retain greater value than bsu in interest and scope.  BSU is more in the CSU/Unlv/App St realm.  They really have been for a while but BSU has done an admirable job holding onto its past relevance, not much different than byu. They really are peers in that sense.   Best of luck!

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If anyone were to get snatched, I almost guarantee it would come from the AAC though.  Cincy, Houston and maybe Memphis are all central or eastern timezone teams.  Cincy would be a good pair for WVU.  I would have them as the top.  Houston is harder since Big 12 doesn't need the Houston market, they already have penetration with the other TX schools.  No other conference has any reason to expand with G5's than Big 12, and I still don't see the point to do so.  Only Cincy for WVU, and maybe BYU to keep an even number.  

MWC isn't getting anyone poached.   We should all get cozy.

This is why I said what I said above about Aresco’s motivations.  It’s a matter of protecting your product.  He has no responsibility to the top of the aac, his interest lies in the bottom.

You can't even find MWC games on regular or cable tv. Just obscure tv channels.

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

Boise will not be P5 until endowment and academic standards improve. Multiple JUCOs have higher admissions standards than BSU.

For our alma mater cheer

For victory is near

A Cougar High fan, throwing down education smack.

Cant make this shit up....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

9 minutes ago, RSF said:

A Cougar High fan, throwing down education smack.

Cant make this shit up....

UH has a 1 billion dollar endowment 

Boise's endowment is 113 million. 

For our alma mater cheer

For victory is near

2 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Takes a lot of money to fund the program in Convienience Store Management.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

29 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

You can't even find MWC games on regular or cable tv. Just obscure tv channels.

Yeah, like Fox sports, CBS sports and their network channels as well. 

I especially like the Fox/CBS arrangement for basketball.  There is a MW game(s) on almost every day.  I like our current arrangement much better than ESPN. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I especially like the Fox/CBS arrangement for basketball.  There is a MW game(s) on almost every day.  I like our current arrangement much better than ESPN. 

That was amazing this year, so much fun getting to watch Boise basketball games on the east coast.  

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Still polishing that 1912 national championship trophy?

Sorry...didnt go to Penn State or Harvard...

And I was referring to Houston, dipshit.

19 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

All the oil money the state puts in UH's coffers, and there is not a 10x difference in academics between the two.  Seems like either BSU is getting a return on endowment or Houston is getting a pathetic one.  I don't know a single 1B endowment school to be perceived as low as Houston High.  FFS, Lil Wayne's drugged-out ass went there.   

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Houston has pretty alright academics don’t they? 

The girlfriend did not take too kindly to learning that it’s more difficult to get into UCF than most B1G schools, including her undergrad at Illinois. 

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

He clearly doesn't have a clue when it comes to MWC Sports. CBS Sports is hard to get in certain areas but aside from that, the MWC has improved our media coverage. And unlike ESPN, CBS and FOX actually includes G5 teams and games into their pregame and halftime coverage.

ESPN has been pretty good to UCF the last two years.  Looks like everyone’s happy I guess?

3 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Who cares? Houston is the fourth or fifth most important team in their market. And if someone wants to go to a prestigious academic school in Houston they're gonna go to Rice. Houston is no kinda there....

Basketball team is good though. We'll see if they can keep ahold of Sampson.

Their FB isn't too shabby either.  I can't knock UH's sports programs.  The may be the best, overall G5 program right now. 

Honestly, I have zero problems with UH.  I can't really fault the school because they have some idiot fans.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

26 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

It's light years better than ESPN.  And we were not getting stuck on a streaming app when we were with ESPN, either.