e-zone99

AAC Board

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

That was a sorry ass comeback.

Again, we keep hearing the Big 12's new media deal won't be any better than the AAC contract. So what would be the point in traveling to tornado alley when the AAC is fine where they're at?

In all seriousness, you DO know that these claims have been made in a setting where the Big 12 is trying to pressure state lawmakers by making the situation look as dire as possible…. Right? 

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

That was a sorry ass comeback.

Again, we keep hearing the Big 12's new media deal won't be any better than the AAC contract. So what would be the point in traveling to tornado alley when the AAC is fine where they're at?

Larger number of compelling games each year.

14 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

BSU would have known all of that before they approached the AAC, asking to join. 

That's a CYA report, designed to help BSU save face. 

I'm not sure I'd go that far. Boise State clearly could of went anytime they wanted. Doesn't matter now. Ended up being the smarter move in the long run. BSU will either be out of the MWC and into a better Conference or the more likely scenario is the MWC will end up being stronger by adding maybe a Houston and SMU if the Big 12 raids the AAC. I'm fine either or.

My problem with the MWC was the bottom half of the conference. But SJSU has turned the football program around and it's only a matter of time before Tim has the basketball team in a good place. I just hope the fans reward them for it by showing up and supporting them. New Mexico football is improving. Might not see it on their record in the conference this year but they have made the right moves. Not sure about their basketball. Seems the conference is now just waiting on UNLV to show up.

So yeah, I'm good.