Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

e-zone99

AAC Board

I keep waiting to read that someone on the AAC board has inside info about a few B12 schools begging Mike Aresco to allow them to join the Pea6. Alas, no such intel has been revealed.

Props to Aresco for being able to keep the lid on that stuff.

5 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

That’s fine, very shortsighted but it’s what you’d expect from the big 12 at this point.  Big 12 isn’t a home, by the way.  The Big12 doesn’t generate revenue, their media partners do.

LOL. They generate plenty of revenue. You just don't want to acknowledge it.

1 hour ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

There is too much money in the Big 12 coffer for these teams to walk away from. Add in the exit money TX and OK will pay them and they can still operate as they have been for several years after the break up.  After the money runs out they will slide into G5 territory and you may see movement again.  

Im starting to think nothing real drastic or fast is going to happen right now. The Big12 back fills and college football moves on. 

Operate where? Forget in 2025 when they will be homeless..what about when OU/T leave? They don’t have enough for a ccg and therefore playoff, and the only teams that’ll get enough wins to even qualify for a bowl game will have to go nearly undefeated.  They have no paddles, that canoe they’re sitting in for the next four years is pretty nice though, too bad it’ll be grounded.

You guys keep pooing on the aac but all that’s being said is that you are focusing on the wrong things.  The leftover8 have some money but zero leverage.  

28 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Operate where? Forget in 2025 when they will be homeless..what about when OU/T leave? They don’t have enough for a ccg and therefore playoff, and the only teams that’ll get enough wins to even qualify for a bowl game will have to go nearly undefeated.  They have no paddles, that canoe they’re sitting in for the next four years is pretty nice though, too bad it’ll be grounded.

You guys keep pooing on the aac but all that’s being said is that you are focusing on the wrong things.  The leftover8 have some money but zero leverage.  

there is nothing that prevents them from having a CCG with 8 teams.....get a clue

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

45 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The leftovers have more than enough leverage to take any G5 team(s) of their choice.  

Without TX & OU, they are still the 5th best conference. 

The PAC and B12 killed the MW's chances of becoming a power conference by taking the MW's two best programs.  The B12 will kill any hope of the AAC becoming a power conference by taking two or more AAC programs. 

The AAC has no leverage.  No current P5 program wants to join a G5 AAC.  Any AAC program will jump at the chance to join the B12.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Same reason Boise State stayed in the MWC instead of leaving.

Boise didn't go because no one would take their oly sports and no one would partner with them for the move.  

Barack Obama

21 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You need 8 conference games per the ncaa.

nope

more AACisms.....the G5 of sports fans

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2016-01-13/college-football-fbs-conferences-fewer-12-members-now-able-hold

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

Just now, Ibanez said:

BoiseDev released the report. Boise State didn't go because they were advised the move wouldn't be worth it financially and the competition bwasnt really a step up. I mean, I'm sure is was part what you said as well but the report said it just didn't make any sense financially. 

BSU would have known all of that before they approached the AAC, asking to join. 

That's a CYA report, designed to help BSU save face. 

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

As someone who writes CYA reports for a living, that's exactly what that report was.

interesting that they did not release that report.... Had to be discovered through a public records request. I thought CYA reports were typically released to the public to cover your a$$. 

And unless you investigated, dug in to the numbers, how would you know if it is financially viable or not? Anything else is just guess work. But what do I know?

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

That was a sorry ass comeback.

Again, we keep hearing the Big 12's new media deal won't be any better than the AAC contract. So what would be the point in traveling to tornado alley when the AAC is fine where they're at?

they'll have a butt-load of money on hand via exit fees which can be distributed to increase the per team payouts. That's the best I can come up with.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

28 minutes ago, 4XGrad said:

interesting that they did not release that report.... Had to be discovered through a public records request. I thought CYA reports were typically released to the public to cover your a$$. 

And unless you investigated, dug in to the numbers, how would you know if it is financially viable or not? Anything else is just guess work. But what do I know?

Are you suggesting BSU didn't perform their due diligence prior to approaching the AAC? 

If that is true, Tromp & Company are fools. 

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Again, we keep hearing the Big 12's new media deal won't be any better than the AAC contract. So what would be the point in traveling to tornado alley when the AAC is fine where they're at?

In all seriousness, you DO know that these claims have been made in a setting where the Big 12 is trying to pressure state lawmakers by making the situation look as dire as possible…. Right? 

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Larger number of compelling games each year.